New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Nora »

I went looking for GT19OLF too but apparently it’s reserved for auction and I can appreciate why, as it should fetch a higher price, however GT19OLO seems to have slipped through the dvla net
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

Good evening.

My first post, so apologies in advance for the rant!

I ordered my Polo GTi+ at the beginning of May 2018. Added the larger wheels, climate control, deep pearl black and a few other options. At the time I was informed it would be in my hands within four months. And here I am six months on with no sign of a build date.

I have received almost zero updates from my dealer. Emails are not replied to, phone calls are not returned, live chat now says they can only ask my dealer to contact me the next working day (and I never receive any call from my dealer). So I feel I’m in limbo. I appreciate its only £23,000 I’m spending and that it’s likely VW are not communicating with their dealers, let alone customers, but surely VW should and could do better.

Has anyone else found a way to crack the non-communication stance from VW and their dealers?

Rant over! Next post will be more positive, I promise :D
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

No solution for you -- but, welcome to the forum :)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

No solution it seems, my dealer is going spare over lack of available cars to sell.
I ordered my Gti on Feb 10th and just got it before they stopped making them and shut the factory. People who ordered before me are still waiting, including the dealer.
VW seem very arrogant about unsatisfied customers , just assuming they will wait. It is a good job the cars are good otherwise why bother with them.
You have my sympathy.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Contacted my dealer and requested to add the LED lights onto my order (standard GTI, no extras). Thankfully he was able to add them on without effecting my waiting time.

Said he is hopefull progress will be made 'soon'. Really hoping for some movement in the new year...
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

iirc the LED light package is around half the cost of the plus+ package which includes the LED lights, which is why many (inc myself) opted for the full plus+ package
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:55 pm iirc the LED light package is around half the cost of the plus+ package which includes the LED lights, which is why many (inc myself) opted for the full plus+ package
You can probably get a GTI+ on PCP for pennies a month more than adding the LED lights to a standard GTI.

£2700 worth of extra kit for £1600(ish) price difference between GTI and GTI+. Considering you'll only have to cover 50% depreciation on that £800 (+ about £120 interest) In a PCP vs the cost of LED lights option which is £850 - about £70 In it, could be only a few quid a month.

For what the plus has over the standard GTI for what might be £2 or £3 a month, I'd be asking to go for the +. £3 a month will get you auto lights/wipers/dimming rear view mirror, the virtual dash, keyless, armrest, folding mirrors and ACC (which might reduce your insurance vs standard GTI).
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Thanks guys.

Considering what you've just said I'm wondering if it's possible to change the order (again) at this point? I'm guessing the GTI+ will add some waiting time but I guess it would be worth it money wise.

I'm putting a £2500 deposit down but I'm unsure how much the monthly cost for a GTI+ was. I ordered in July and I've forgetten at this point. Would check online if the configurator was up. :roll:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm Thanks guys.

Considering what you've just said I'm wondering if it's possible to change the order (again) at this point? I'm guessing the GTI+ will add some waiting time but I guess it would be worth it money wise.

I'm putting a £2500 deposit down but I'm unsure how much the monthly cost for a GTI+ was. I ordered in July and I've forgetten at this point. Would check online if the configurator was up. :roll:
As long as you're getting the same level (%) of discount to change to a GTI+. Explain that this will be your last change to the salesperson, and why financing the depreciation on the GTI+ price difference will be about the same as the cost of the Less on their own.

If you don't have a locked in build date (build planned for less than 4 weeks time, dealer can change). If dealer quotes monthlies for a GTI+ more than a fiver a month greater than your GTI + LEDs option, they'll have reduced your discount level. Do you know what your monthlies are with the change (assuming you are PCPing)?
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm
S_94 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm Thanks guys.

As long as you're getting the same level (%) of discount to change to a GTI+. Explain that this will be your last change to the salesperson, and why financing the depreciation on the GTI+ price difference will be about the same as the cost of the Less on their own.

If you don't have a locked in build date (build planned for less than 4 weeks time, dealer can change). If dealer quotes monthlies for a GTI+ more than a fiver a month greater than your GTI + LEDs option, they'll have reduced your discount level. Do you know what your monthlies are with the change (assuming you are PCPing)?
This is a rough guess but I'm sure it was around £250-260pm for the GTI (with some sort of service/care package included). Planning to contact my dealer on Monday to see the difference in price for the GTI+. Will post the correct figures on here when I know. If I could get the GTI+ for around £270-280 a month I'd do it, something is telling me though thayt my dealer said it would be closer to £300pm (£2500 deposit) when I ordered in July.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Was that £250-260 before adding the LEDs? If so, with LEDs on, you're already adding on another £27 a month, taking you to £277-287 (assuming no discount on the LEDs), so you're nearly at the level your dealer discussed for the GTI+.

The difference between paying the whole cost of £850 over your PCP term + interest, or approx 50% of the GTI>GTI+ price difference (about 50% of £1650ish) + interest on the whole amount (50% related to the level of depreciation of the cad, vs the assumption that LEDs bought separately will not increase the GFV of the standard GTI) is pretty much zero. If there's £100 In it, that's £3 a month.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

£250-260 before I added the LEDs. So yeah putting it like that I'd be better off just going for the GTI+.

I'm assuming the GTI+ with my deposit is going to be closer to the £300 mark, which I'd be happy to pay at this point. Funny thing is the wait for the car is making me spend more money, rewarding VW for their incompetence. :lol:
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I must be in a minority by paying cash for the car, with no finance or PCP.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I don't use it either. PCP, the finance vehicle that saved the car industry I was once told. However buying a depreciating asset such as a car is such a mugs game I can see why people decide to effectively rent the car instead. Plus in this era where it's all about image you have a generation who want it now before they could genuinely afford it. PCP is reported to be the next ticking credit timebomb.

Driving out of Stratford upon Avon yesterday was a red GTI. I haven't seen one yet with the pano roof, that would seriously p*** me off.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:26 am I must be in a minority by paying cash for the car, with no finance or PCP.
You probably are. Both my cars are bought cash, and I put back the monthly amount the car is depreciating by into a savings account. For most VWs with a relatively high retained value, about 1/3 of what you're paying monthly on PCP is interest. I'd predict that the Polo GTI+ is losing me no more than £250 a month over 3 years - Less if I keep it longer.

If I could lease cheaper than covering the depreciation after a cash buy, I'd lease, no shame in it. This was almost the case with the cheap lease deals for the Golf R that came up while mine was being built. With exceptional residuals at the time, for a Paper the R was cheaper than the GTI on the monthlies.