New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

VW uk say it has not been shown as on a ship yet but if it has only just left it can take a few days for the system to update. Fingers crossed as the next ship does not get to PE until the 18 th.
Also I asked what the winter pack contains and was told " headlamp washers , low fluid level indication, heated washer jets and heated seats" ....not what has been reported here, so we will see.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm VW uk say it has not been shown as on a ship yet but if it has only just left it can take a few days for the system to update. Fingers crossed as the next ship does not get to PE until the 18 th.
Also I asked what the winter pack contains and was told " headlamp washers , low fluid level indication, heated washer jets and heated seats" ....not what has been reported here, so we will see.
VWUK have been known to give out incorrect information before. I’d be interested to hear VWUK’s response if it was pointed out to them that a GTI+ with winter pack that’s been delivered to a customer in the UK doesn’t have headlamp washers;
joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:53 pm Mine has a Winter Pack but no headlight washers, used to drive me mad on my old one, a freshly cleaned car getting sprayed with washer fluid... :roll:
And another forum member (mike sel) whose Polo SEL has the winter pack option but no headlamp washers;
mike sel wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:11 am Picked up my Polo yesterday.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=662

Urano grey, SEL (highline) 116hp (the manual says) 85kw.

Options :-

Winter pack (no headlight washers). Adaptive cruise control, Active info (digital dash), Keyless, rear camera, occupant protection, blind spot, folding mirrors, driver mode, park assist.
Maybe VWUK would like to explain where the headlamp washers are located 🤔
@barrywi; Please don’t be too disappointed when your car turns up without headlamp washers. I’d be more than a little surprised if it has them.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Yes I understand that, it is the principle of the matter really. Not too bothered about losing the headlamp washers but may be able to wangle something like a dog guard from the dealer as compensation!
Alan Mc
New
Drives: 2018 polo GTI+ Limestone grey

Post by Alan Mc »

Delivery date confirmed for next Tuesday 19th June. 5 months of waiting finally at an end. Can’t wait to actually see it in the flesh.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Weird.
After being told that my car is in transit, I have just received an update to say it is being built. Maybe I ordered two by mistake?
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 pm Weird.
After being told that my car is in transit, I have just received an update to say it is being built. Maybe I ordered two by mistake?
Same with me Barry, live chat said app has gone haywire and is sending out incorrect information so they’ve disabled it.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

OK so its not just me, I will assume that it may be on the ship which has just left but will check later in the week.
My dealer man emailed me to say he had been off but because cars made in June cannot be registered after August 15 th VW had mentioned compensation, but I will go in and see him to get clarification so no promises yet.
Where in Lancashire do you live?
Barry
MrLems
New

Post by MrLems »

I'm collecting my GTI this Thursday. It's taken best part of 3 weeks to get from Sheerness to the dealer for collection. I've also been told by my dealer that as of this morning there are currently only 16 GTIs in the UK!
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm OK so its not just me, I will assume that it may be on the ship which has just left but will check later in the week.
My dealer man emailed me to say he had been off but because cars made in June cannot be registered after August 15 th VW had mentioned compensation, but I will go in and see him to get clarification so no promises yet.
Barry
I live in the Preston area Barry but don’t hold that against me :D

Andy
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

:D No problem with where you live, I am based near Grange over Sands at Lindale not far from junction 36.
I will keep posting here when I get it. I am retired so have plenty of time to do the chasing. Chances are that our cars are on the same boat fingers crossed.
Cheers Andy
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

The next potential boat is the Viking Bravery currently off the coast of Africa on the way to PE and due on the 18 th.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm OK so its not just me, I will assume that it may be on the ship which has just left but will check later in the week.
Barry
I too have had the texts and emails this morning, informing me that my car is due to be built this week, after being informed by the tracking systems and by VW UK online chat last week that my car was built and on its way out of the factory. The tracker is also showing back on stage 3 (build week confirmed).

Were any of you ever under the impression that your car was going to be built this week? Mine has flitted between BW23 and 24 for the last 4 weeks. I'm summising that mine was originally due for BW24, but they pulled a week forward and last week's bulletins reflected reality that it has actually been built, and then the expected build trigger has kicked in this week. I still firmly believe that my car is built and awaiting a ship.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Mine started as week 22 then moved on to week 23 and was suddenly built and in transit. My dealer reckoned the car was built anyway and it was the computer system that was delayed or wrong. It feels like British Leyland in the 70 s to me, not what you expect from a German company.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

My car is doing the hokey cokey on the tracker. Informed just now that the car is back in transit. Message, email and my VW app all informed me in unison.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 am My car is doing the hokey cokey on the tracker. Informed just now that the car is back in transit. Message, email and my VW app all informed me in unison.
Same for me, hope the car info system works better than their app does.