New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

I would guess a petrol particulate filter to get through WLTP and a price increase?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

See the post (site) below for further information about gasoline particulate filter (GPF)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... technology
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

allye wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm Just spoke to VW today and they told me to expect a notification of build date by the end of August (ill believe it when I see it). The said it would be the 2019 model. Anybody any info on what's been changed/updated/upgraded for the 2019 GTI+?
As the GTI / GTI+ is such a new model, I doubt there’ll be many (if any) spec changes, other than those needed to achieve WLTP certification. VW don’t need to enhance the spec to attract potential GTI / GTI+ customers as it’s an ‘in demand’ model. If there are any changes, IMO it’ll more likely be small cost cutting measures to help VW maintain or increase profit margins.

VW have applied various cost cutting measures to the Golf during its life cycle such as;
- Deletion of the plastic covers on the Isofix attachment points for child restraint systems on the rear seat.
- Deletion of under seat storage drawers
- Deletion of plastic covers from door mirror fixing screws
- Removal of the lidded battery cover
- Deletion of the button to switch off the interior motion and tilt sensors (this function now switched on/off in the car settings via the infotainment screen.
- In some non-UK markets, removal of the soft lining from the glovebox

Cost cutting measures such as the above won’t represent a huge saving to VW per car, but will be a significant cost saving in £’s (or €’s) terms overall, when considering the overall number of cars built
Last edited by SRGTD on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

allye wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm Just spoke to VW today and they told me to expect a notification of build date by the end of August (ill believe it when I see it). The said it would be the 2019 model. Anybody any info on what's been changed/updated/upgraded for the 2019 GTI+?
I wonder if they will add the ability to spec the Beats sound system which is currently available available in other markets..
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^^ Deletion of lock on glove box catch.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

I spoke to VW Live Chat today too, they confirmed the wireless charging function would be dropped, all other (possible) spec changes we’d have to wait for. Also confirmed the the factory is closed until 31st July so I won’t get a build date notification until after that (ordered GTI+ on 30th Jan). A little more information at least...
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

PoloGIT+ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm I spoke to VW Live Chat today too, they confirmed the wireless charging function would be dropped, all other (possible) spec changes we’d have to wait for. Also confirmed the the factory is closed until 31st July so I won’t get a build date notification until after that (ordered GTI+ on 30th Jan). A little more information at least...
That seems like a hell of a long time just to wait for a build date confirmation! :( What sort of options did you go for?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

PoloGIT+ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm
I spoke to VW Live Chat today too, they confirmed the wireless charging function would be dropped, all other (possible) spec changes we’d have to wait for. Also confirmed the the factory is closed until 31st July so I won’t get a build date notification until after that (ordered GTI+ on 30th Jan). A little more information at least...
That seems a very late delivery considering when you ordered the car . Mine should have just docked in Emden after a February 10 th order date. Also I thought the factory was shut for the two months of July and August. VW seem to have made a right mess of delivery priorities.
I will believe mine is here when I see it at the dealers. It is like waiting for Unicorns to appear.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!

Post by PoloGIT+ »

PilotRoss91 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm
PoloGIT+ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm I spoke to VW Live Chat today too, they confirmed the wireless charging function would be dropped, all other (possible) spec changes we’d have to wait for. Also confirmed the the factory is closed until 31st July so I won’t get a build date notification until after that (ordered GTI+ on 30th Jan). A little more information at least...
That seems like a hell of a long time just to wait for a build date confirmation! :( What sort of options did you go for?
In fairness I went with a huge spec, pretty much everything, except the smoker's pack and parking assist - I was told when placing the order that the panoramic sunroof could cause a delay, I'm wondering if that's what they're tooling up for at the South African plant as I haven't yet seen any RHD models with it. Fingers crossed for a build date soon, would be nice to have a car by Christmas!
PoloGIT+
Getting There!

Post by PoloGIT+ »

barrywi wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm
PoloGIT+ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm
That seems a very late delivery considering when you ordered the car . Mine should have just docked in Emden after a February 10 th order date. Also I thought the factory was shut for the two months of July and August. VW seem to have made a right mess of delivery priorities.
I will believe mine is here when I see it at the dealers. It is like waiting for Unicorns to appear.
From reading this forum it sounds like VW are usually quite poor with this stuff but have really dropped the ball this time. I had read too that the factory was closed through August as well - perhaps it's not closed in August but they're not building any cars, i.e. they're stocking up on parts and re-tooling/preparing for the 2019 MY? Just a thought.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I dont think any Polos will come out of the South African plant until each model and sub model has been WLTP certified. How can they have parts readt just in time if they do not know the details of what they will be building?
I would guess the end of September before any Polos are built for Europe and then you have to add the time it takes to get to the UK , plus dealer prep. It may even be 2019 reg before they come in quantity. I hope I am wrong but VW have certainly made a total mess of the situation. They are not alone either , other makes will be affected.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

You could argue that the EU have made a mess of this, by not working closely with manufacturers. But I haven’t followed the details.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I thought that the motor industry knew these changes were on the way, knew what was expected of them in terms of providing more accurate emissions and fuel consumption figures as well as reduced emission levels and were given 12 months notice of the final outcome of these changes, so plenty good work/time could have been invested to being/getting ready for these changes - but VW Group and some others have dragged their heels, just like they did over the phasing out of R134A and phasing in of R1234yf refrigerants, all that could/should have been completed by 2014 but 2017 was the "must have changed by" date.
Seems to be a bit like EU telling Google to stop doing things its way - I heard today that the issue EU has with Google is a bit like assisting Gorillas to evolve into 800lbs monsters - then wondering why they have became dangerous?
I think that it is only UK that is digging its heels in and saying "no" to all cars which need this new approval, and sticking to the start of our new registration date as the deadline - maybe I'll refer you back to my comments about the 800lbs Gorillas, we binned our car manufacturing capability and now we are attempting to force the companies that supply our cars to play the game the way we want it played, very silly.

Edit:- of course we could always buy a different car, maybe even one from a manufacturer like Suzuki who do not need to comply with any of these current or new regs due to the controlled numbers of their cars coming into EU markets.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I've kind of resigned to the fact that the car will not arrive until 2019 but at least if they gave me a build date it would be something to aim for.
I have this feeling that I'm not going to get even a notification of a date till nearer the end of the year (if that!!). It will be a year in January since ordering.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

My car on its next stage, got notification today (Feb 10th order)
On a boat to the UK soon, they say three weeks to dealer.