New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Trantor »

Hope I'm not boring everyone with these posts?

Almost there....

Ordered GTI+ mid June 2018
Built mid May 2019
5a - 1st June 2019
5b - 3rd July 2019
5c - 11th July 2019
6 - 12th July 2019

Received the registration number and VIN details from the dealer in the post today. Dealer suggested collection will be end of next week if all goes well. :)
Trantor
Getting There!

Post by Trantor »

Moots wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:51 pm What’s the average wait time for a new build at the minute? Sounds like they take an age if it’s not a car that’s already been built and on its way....
When I spoke to my dealer last week I asked if the GTI's are moving faster now, given the time I've been waiting! He said that they are still taking a very long time and that the whole process has been a nightmare! He's saying to new purchasers that if the car they want is not already in the dealership channel, or already on a factory build schedule, they're not accepting new factory orders. I stress this is what I was told by my local sales guy. Other dealerships may take a different stance. Either that or he was having a bad day!
Moots
New
Drives: Golf mk7.5 GTI

Post by Moots »

Yea reading here kind of put me off, by the time it gets here the mk8 Golf GTI might be available!
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

I am really happy mine only took 4 months! (ordered June 2018, received October 2018)
Been great so far! already at 13,000kms
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

Moots wrote:Yea reading here kind of put me off, by the time it gets here the mk8 Golf GTI might be available!
Sure, does the £15.000 also fall on your doorstep in the meantime?!

You can’t compare the Polo GTI to the Golf GTI.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

phillos wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:37 pm
Moots wrote:Yea reading here kind of put me off, by the time it gets here the mk8 Golf GTI might be available!

You can. When you do, the Golf looks illogically expensive. Most of the Golf's 0-62mph advantage is courtesy of the Golf's LSD stopping tramping from happening. It's not massively quicker when rolling.

My Golf R was certainly quicker than my Polo GTI+, but 30-80mph it's not scarily quicker. Polo GTI+ is almost as well equipped as a MK7.5 Golf, has 90% of the performance, feels just as solid, and is 2/3 the price.

I could've got another Golf R or GTI, but couldn't justify the extra £8k when comparing the 2 cars. You won't get a discounted MK8 Golf GTI for less than £32k.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:46 pm

You can. When you do, the Golf looks illogically expensive. Most of the Golf's 0-62mph advantage is courtesy of the Golf's LSD stopping tramping from happening. It's not massively quicker when rolling.

My Golf R was certainly quicker than my Polo GTI+, but 30-80mph it's not scarily quicker. Polo GTI+ is almost as well equipped as a MK7.5 Golf, has 90% of the performance, feels just as solid, and is 2/3 the price.

I could've got another Golf R or GTI, but couldn't justify the extra £8k when comparing the 2 cars. You won't get a discounted MK8 Golf GTI for less than £32k.
And you’ll probably be faced with forming an orderly queue and a long wait for a mk8 Golf GTI if the launch of previous performance Golfs is anything to go by - seem to remember it was pretty much the norm for early adopters of the mk7 GTI to wait 8+ months for their cars to be built and delivered. Polo GTI/GTI+ waiting times are hopefully improving as VW clear the back log of orders....................🤔
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

monkeyhanger wrote:

Well as long as it’s a good comparison I can maybe go along with it [emoji106]
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

A couple of minutes ago, I received my Stage 7 text - on its way to the retailer. I assume that as these messages tend to run slightly late, it will probably mean the dealer has either received it already, or will get it today. Looks like we may be picking it up tomorrow or Friday.
Chris_pepper85
New
Drives: AW Gti

Post by Chris_pepper85 »

I got my stage 6 yesterday morning. Spoke to my dealer and he told me I should be able to collect next Thursday or Friday. Very excited!
Trantor
Getting There!

Post by Trantor »

TurboTrev wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am A couple of minutes ago, I received my Stage 7 text - on its way to the retailer. I assume that as these messages tend to run slightly late, it will probably mean the dealer has either received it already, or will get it today. Looks like we may be picking it up tomorrow or Friday.
Good news for you :wink:

Still waiting for my Stage 7. However, the dealer recently called to say the car had just been unloaded from the transporter. I'll likely get the stage 7 message tomorrow. Hope to be collecting it Tuesday morning. :D
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Collected ours at lunchtime. :D Pleased with how it looks finished in reef blue, black roof/mirror caps and the 18s. 8) Early impressions are very good - lively engine and a decent ride, the suspension is not too hard in the normal setting (just wish it had an auto hand brake). No rattles, creaks or unusual noises so far (only 22 miles driven!). Will post a couple of pics in the gallery section once the rain stops and I get a chance to wash it!
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

Hi Guys,

Pleasant surprise for me this afternoon. :mrgreen:
I went to my dealership to hear about the status of my GTI.
Appeared the salesman who sold it to me was on a 2 weeks vacation.
They hadn't informed me but my GTI was on their lot, another salesman said.
They must have received it early Monday July 16th. :roll:
I sat in it only for a short while but it is really gorgeous.
The Reef Blue is very nice and the red inlays as well.
The checklist dated July 16th was all good. No faults.

Ordered February 14th 2019
Built in week 23
At the dealership July 16th (Or maybe even earlier)
snowyboy
New
Drives: Polo blue gt

Post by snowyboy »

Hi all not a big poster in here but been following over a year after the 13 month wait for my car which as been a nightmare.just to update here's the list of faults I have had and only just picked it up again after 3 weeks and the 4th time in for repair.
New handbrake lever was rattling and loose.
New bit of trim which had missing clips and kept popping out.
New suspension top mounts for loud creaking and knocking.then a week after that the knocking was back so went back and had new suspension. Picked up today so will see if anything else happens.tried to knock the car back but no joy with that because the dealership has supplied loan cars and worked on the problems.was told today that a number of polo gti s have had suspension problems and a possible recall will be happening don't know how true that is but thought I would share.really hope everyone getting their cars or getting them soon does not go through the grief I have.anyway good luck all.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

snowyboy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 pm Hi all not a big poster in here but been following over a year after the 13 month wait for my car which as been a nightmare.just to update here's the list of faults I have had and only just picked it up again after 3 weeks and the 4th time in for repair.
New handbrake lever was rattling and loose.
New bit of trim which had missing clips and kept popping out.
New suspension top mounts for loud creaking and knocking.then a week after that the knocking was back so went back and had new suspension. Picked up today so will see if anything else happens.tried to knock the car back but no joy with that because the dealership has supplied loan cars and worked on the problems.was told today that a number of polo gti s have had suspension problems and a possible recall will be happening don't know how true that is but thought I would share.really hope everyone getting their cars or getting them soon does not go through the grief I have.anyway good luck all.
Noise from suspension top mounts is not gonna go away. It’s present on the Golf 7 GTI too.
Handbrake lever just needs abit of lubricant spray.
These noises come and go.