New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by alandbess »

This is the DM I've sent to VWSA Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

Well done! :)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^^ Your order has been tagged to have a kipper placed behind the dash during PDI. :shock:

Seriously though, VWUK are awful with info clarification and dispute resolution -speaking as somone who put his 2 week old Golf into a VW approved dealership bodyshop after a bus clattered it and had the repairers inflict as much damage as thd bus in shoddy repairs. VWUK did nothing to resolve the situation until trading standards made them.
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

monkeyhanger wrote:^^ Your order has been tagged to have a kipper placed behind the dash during PDI. :shock:

Seriously though, VWUK are awful with info clarification and dispute resolution -speaking as somone who put his 2 week old Golf into a VW approved dealership bodyshop after a bus clattered it and had the repairers inflict as much damage as thd bus in shoddy repairs. VWUK did nothing to resolve the situation until trading standards made them.
[emoji23][emoji23]

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Possible good news for GTI waiters. The Swedish car transporter Carmen is on its way to Port Elizabeth and due to arrive on June 6th 0400 . Just in time to load mine up and deliver. Maybe , perhaps. :D
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Would be interesting to know if other countries are experiencing appallingly slow delivery times or is it just the UK that appears to be at the back of the queue?!
VWUK are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Scott H
New
Drives: Fiesta ST3 and Polo GTI+ not so soon

Post by Scott H »

Looks like I’m going to cancel my order today. Ordered end of Jan. black gti+ with brescias’s, nav etc. If anyone is interested in jumping the queue I can put you in touch with the dealer. Great price that car wow can’t match now.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Do you have a build week for it?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Volkswagen introduces the innovative One-line Concept for the first time as part of the investment; traditionally vehicles are assembled on unique production lines. It has always been possible to build derivatives of the same platform on one line, but to build two completely different platforms on one line is a technical challenge, highly complex and requires new thinking and training for the employees. The introduction of the one line concept also includes a new integrated logistics concept. Whilst there are no short term financial benefits there are synergies and efficiencies as well as people benefits that come about as the result of the one line concept.
VWSA produced 110 000 cars last year, this will increase to 133 000 for 2018 of which 83 000 will be exported to markets around the world. This will include not only right hand drive markets but also to some left hand drive markets, especially for the Polo GTI. Maximum annual plant capacity is expected to be reached with a 3 shift operation of some 160 000 vehicles, in 2019.

Quote relating to VW South Africa 2018.

Could this be part of the problem?

alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

johnpolo2 wrote:Volkswagen introduces the innovative One-line Concept for the first time as part of the investment; traditionally vehicles are assembled on unique production lines. It has always been possible to build derivatives of the same platform on one line, but to build two completely different platforms on one line is a technical challenge, highly complex and requires new thinking and training for the employees. The introduction of the one line concept also includes a new integrated logistics concept. Whilst there are no short term financial benefits there are synergies and efficiencies as well as people benefits that come about as the result of the one line concept.
VWSA produced 110 000 cars last year, this will increase to 133 000 for 2018 of which 83 000 will be exported to markets around the world. This will include not only right hand drive markets but also to some left hand drive markets, especially for the Polo GTI. Maximum annual plant capacity is expected to be reached with a 3 shift operation of some 160 000 vehicles, in 2019.

Have you got a link to this?

I think it's a combination of things, this being one of them, WLTP being another, and model year change being another....

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

At a guess, I think that the slow supply of Polo GTI will only be a RHD version issue - and it seems that now that SA is currently the only car assembly plant for Polo, any issues when changing capacity of output will hit RHD Polo.

I'd also expect that any LHD models being built in SA plants will be only "cruder/tougher" models that are not being built at other European plants - though maybe also in South American plants.

So now VW Group are gearing up to have extremely flexible assembly lines, which probably translates into having assembly lines that are not able to produce "fault free" models in the same percentage as dedicated assembly lines can.

What out for ending up taking delivery of a Upolo or Golo as mistakes can happen!
Scott H
New
Drives: Fiesta ST3 and Polo GTI+ not so soon

Post by Scott H »

barrywi wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:23 am Do you have a build week for it?
Nope. It’s with the factory. It’s one of the first batch of orders though and is expected to be built at the start of August.
George2702
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG 2018

Post by George2702 »

So got in touch with my dealer this week ...

The car was ordered in the first week of March, with still no build week on the tracker. I spoke to various vw assistants, and compiled a list of reasons why my car was delayed, which i then relayed back to my dealer. He confirmed all the things discussed on this forum, and that my original 1st of September delivery won't happen. He's accepted to give me my £1000 deposit back, however ... they have a gti+ in identically spec to mine, but including pano roof and winter pack, arriving in July. I've said if they can honour it for the same price, i'll accept, but I've got to wait for him to discuss with his manager. Here's hoping!
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

alandbess wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote:Volkswagen introduces the innovative One-line Concept for the first time as part of the investment; traditionally vehicles are assembled on unique production lines. It has always been possible to build derivatives of the same platform on one line, but to build two completely different platforms on one line is a technical challenge, highly complex and requires new thinking and training for the employees. The introduction of the one line concept also includes a new integrated logistics concept. Whilst there are no short term financial benefits there are synergies and efficiencies as well as people benefits that come about as the result of the one line concept.

I think it's a combination of things, this being one of them, WLTP being another, and model year change being another....

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/apo/2018/01/ ... -new-polo/

alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

johnpolo2 wrote:
alandbess wrote:

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/apo/2018/01/ ... -new-polo/

[emoji1303]