New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

I just wish I could put my body into " Sport " mode Mandy. Sixty miles to go until the 1000 km lift off appears....if it actually exists!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Still does not look good

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/7163271 ... -the-golf/

I know its the Golf and some may have to wait up to 5months. I am on week 31 and nothing. If they are to be building Polo GTis in November then I would expect a build date soon.

It says that some variants of the Polo have passed WLTP but which ones?
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Response from my dealer....

It certainly looks like there will be a delay for 75% of all the cars currently being built due to the current WLTP Emissions .

I would currently estimate that your car will be built for next year Jan or Feb at the moment.

Sorry for the delay, I will keep you posted.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'm on just over 32 weeks. I will not wait until next year. My current model is fault free and nice to drive, so no problems there. Plus I own it. I will cancel the order and reassess next year and it won't be VW.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

So basically dealers are trying to play time by not providing build dates, which they should have had weeks ago, as they still don't have the WLTP clearences? Thats what I gather anyway from my dealer - they keep saying that the build date will be locked in "soon", and this has been the case for weeks.
I'm also in the phase where I'm very close to pulling out and canceling my order, but I need the dealer to admit they cannot deliver in the delivery time they promised when the order was made..I emailed my dealer that if they can't give me a build date in one week I'm going to cancel the order.. Lets see what happens.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Devvoman1 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:59 pm So basically dealers are trying to play time by not providing build dates, which they should have had weeks ago, as they still don't have the WLTP clearences? Thats what I gather anyway from my dealer - they keep saying that the build date will be locked in "soon", and this has been the case for weeks.
I'm also in the phase where I'm very close to pulling out and canceling my order, but I need the dealer to admit they cannot deliver in the delivery time they promised when the order was made..I emailed my dealer that if they can't give me a build date in one week I'm going to cancel the order.. Lets see what happens.
I can understand your frustration but I would say that the absence of build dates will be down to VW, not your dealer. Also, it’s not just VW that’s being impacted by WLTP; it’s affected lead times for some other car manufacturers too. The testing process for WLTP type approval is much more time consuming than the NEDC test procedure and this seems to have caught out many car manufacturers, leading to frustrated customers such as yourself. VW and other car manufscturers knew it was coming, so the current situation smacks of poor planning by the motor manufacturing industry.

I’m surprised that your dealer made promises on delivery timescales; when I’ve ordered new cars, any delivery dates have always been estimated, as there are many factors outside the control of manufacturer and the dealer. The ‘standard’ terms and conditions on the order form that you sign and get a copy of when you order a new vehicle also state delivery dates as ‘estimated’.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Iam going to dealership tomorow, if build date will be more than 20+ weeks I will try to make deal for used golf R (manual with 30 000km) they have or polo gti (dsg with less than 1000km) they have. If it goes badly then I will wait 15 weeks so I can cancel without loosing 10% deposit.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Devvoman1 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:59 pm So basically dealers are trying to play time by not providing build dates, which they should have had weeks ago, as they still don't have the WLTP clearences? Thats what I gather anyway from my dealer - they keep saying that the build date will be locked in "soon", and this has been the case for weeks.
I don't think the dealers knew anything of the impending WLTP bombshell before the end of June, when they were told that they'd have to have everything coming through registered by Aug 15th. VW dealers are pulling their hair out right now - trying to sell cars without a current supply or a firm date of when that supply will be resumed must be pretty frustrating for them while theyve got staff with nothing to do that need paying.

Do look around before you cancel if you are looking for a new car, you may find all the other marque dealerships in the same boat re WLTP compliance and supply. If you have timeframes for supply agreed which are impossible to meet now, you have every right to get your deposit back without penalty.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

We all are caught in a catch 22 situation, the lead time on the polo Gti+ is probably the same as the lead time on delivery should you decide to cancel the polo and order something else, so we’re damned either way
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

The Manufacturers have had a year to get their vehicles to comply with WLTP

"If the current text is endorsed, the new WLTP test will be mandatory for all new vehicle types from September 2017 and for all new vehicles from September 2018"

Quote from this page -- https://fleetworld.co.uk/eu-throws-weig ... est-cycle/ (it is dated TWO years ago!)

The current Polo is a new model - it should have been WlTP compliant from its release in Jan 2018....
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

P*** poor planning by VW, nothing more nothing less!

monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:49 pm P*** poor planning by VW, nothing more nothing less!

I think they all rested on their laurels and hoped they would get exemptions while they stuck their heads in the sand. I'm still not 100% sure what the big deal is about WLTP, it's very hard to get specific details beyond knowing that the test cycle is longer, puts the engine under more load and takes into account all permutations of models and fitted options for more accuracy of mpg expectations. Why they need to test for every sub model individually for each option is beyond m. They should test a fully loaded one, a vanilla spec and then declare that model in the middle of the 2. You can't get much of anything right now - Fords, BMWs, Vauxhalls, Renaults, Porsches. I can see used prices of anything newish going up in the short term as supply is going to be lower than demand.

Are emissions limits tighter full stop across a wide range of emissions such as soot, CO, CO2 and NOx (maybe some others we've never traditionally considered), with those not meeting a minimum standard unable to be built? If so, will that mean the end of the Americans sticking V6s and V8s into everything with wheels? Or are the gradings purely to be used as a taxation tool depending on their mpg/CO2 (if that's the case, why does it need to be global as individual governments would set their own taxation bands).

Sometimes you wait a hell of a long time for a VW for no underlying reason such as WLTP. I waited 8.5 months for my R (i'm convinced it was the optional wheels - everyone who didn't spec Prets or a sunroof was waiting 3-4 months), and 6 months for my GTD (depite being the first MK7 GTD order placed at my dealership).
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

My dealer rang me yesterday. He said he has been told they are starting building again in November. He's saying I will get the car in January, a full year after I ordered it. At least he hasn't been promising unrealistic build dates...
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

They must be having the main issues with the new regulations (WLTP) and/or LHD setup.
I have been informed my RHD to NZ is either in build (14/08) or about to go into build (14/09) not sure if my dealer made a mistake on the month. should be leaving on the boat the end of this month!
Don't think we are affected by WLTP luckily.

I feel for the ones waiting, and personally i wouldn't wait that long it would be a struggle. Being my first new car i am still struggling with the 4 month wait since purchase, but it is looking promising for me.

Photo's and review once it arrives,
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

This would make a good episode of 'The Apprentice'. The team ( management vw germany) arguing amongst themselves in front of Lord Sugar after failing the task miserably.
You're fired!
I think I'd feel happier if I read that heads would roll.
So ok nobody died it's just a car but really....