New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by allye »

Ordered mine 5th Feb but nothing yet. It has a sunroof which I have heard might cause a delay.
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

Could the people that have had their build weeks confirmed maybe just say whether they’ve ordered a GTI/GTI+ and what options they’ve added?

It might help to identify a common addition that is causing orders to be delayed more than others?
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

GTi + Brecia alloys, winter pack, blind spot, rear view camera. grey interior climate control
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

GTI+ with climate, blind spot monitoring, sat nav, winter pack, grey dash pads and rear view camera.
Last edited by Dan34 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericridley
New
Drives: Don't but looking to buy GTI+

Post by ericridley »

Hi, New to this forum,

FYI,

I have just enquired about waiting time time for a standard GTI+ at Western Volkswagen dealer in Edinburgh, and the sales department states a 48+ week delivery time.
George2702
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG 2018

Post by George2702 »

ericridley wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:34 pm Hi, New to this forum,

FYI,

I have just enquired about waiting time time for a standard GTI+ at Western Volkswagen dealer in Edinburgh, and the sales department states a 48+ week delivery time.
Is that the lead time if you were to order it now?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm Could the people that have had their build weeks confirmed maybe just say whether they’ve ordered a GTI/GTI+ and what options they’ve added?

It might help to identify a common addition that is causing orders to be delayed more than others?
May not be any specific option that’s causing orders to be delayed. It could be a supply issue with DSG gearboxes, which have been the cause of delays before with other VW models; see post by forum member Paul_Barnett on 10/04/2028 on page 4 of the thread at the link below;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70841&p=532770#p532770
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:40 pm
clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm Could the people that have had their build weeks confirmed maybe just say whether they’ve ordered a GTI/GTI+ and what options they’ve added?

May not be any specific option that’s causing orders to be delayed. It could be a supply issue with DSG gearboxes, which have been the cause of delays before with other VW models; see post by forum member Paul_Barnett on 10/04/2028 on page 4 of the thread at the link below;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70841&p=532770#p532770
Indeed, however as all GTI’s come with DSG you’d assume that they would be built in order of when the orders were placed with the factory? However that’s clearly not happening!

Mine is a GTI+, Brecia alloys, winter pack, black roof pack, climate control, deep iron dash. Order number received 7th Feb, still showing ‘with the factory’ with no estimated build date.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW are usually a right pain in the a*** in the early days of a new model. They never seem prepared for the volume or complexity of orders. German efficiency , I don't think so.
My options. Winter pack, camera, climate control, park assist, blind spot monitoring, pano roof, nav, limestone grey, wireless charging, Breschia.
Did consider dumping park assist to speed things up as reckon I won't use it.
Still no build date and ordered around 20th January.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Just been advised by vw that the factory have removed all build weeks for the GTI and will be entering them manually on the system in an attempt to get them built sooner,.
Duh?!

clidds
New

Post by clidds »

It also appears the GTI+ has completely disappeared off of the online configurator now...
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Mine will/should/might be a Gti + with Climate, winter and Satnav. Was told nearly certain to be week 22 a few days ago after Feb 10th order but my dealer said I could have his allocation when we ordered . Not heard from him after asking for an order number, so can only sit and wait. No other cars appeal if I cancelled .
I agree German efficiency seems a bit lacking here and of course they bombed our chippy so have a lot to answer for. Apologiy for political incorrectness in advance , they make damn good cars.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm It also appears the GTI+ has completely disappeared off of the online configurator now...
Yes, it’s probably because the new style configurator wasn’t working correctly for the GTI+, so I assume they’re fixing it. The GTI+ is still in the latest (April 2018) price list brochure though.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Lol. They knew to hit us where it hurt....the 'chippy'

TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm It also appears the GTI+ has completely disappeared off of the online configurator now...
That might be as a result of me reporting the fact that once you selected the GTI+, it then defaulted to a GTI when you built it. But probably not!

Our order: GTI+, Reef Blue/back roof, deep iron dash, winter pack, sat nav, reversing camera, Brescias and a 5 year warranty.

I've heard a rumour that Reef Blue might cause delays, don't know why.