New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by loadswine »

alandbess wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:38 pm I made the decision today to cancel my order. Have gone and bought an Octavia VRS. I'm picking it up next Friday....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That’s a good choice. Lot bigger than the Polo, but a cracking car. After cancelling my Polo GTi+ , I found a very low mileage Golf GTi, and pick that up on same day you get the Octy.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

loadswine wrote:
alandbess wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:38 pm I made the decision today to cancel my order. Have gone and bought an Octavia VRS. I'm picking it up next Friday....

That’s a good choice. Lot bigger than the Polo, but a cracking car. After cancelling my Polo GTi+ , I found a very low mileage Golf GTi, and pick that up on same day you get the Octy.
I was going to get an Octy before I ordered the Polo, but the numbers didn't add up at the time. But, as it's nearly 7 months since I ordered, things have changed and my local Skoda agent (part of the same dealer group I ordered the Polo from) bent over backwards this time to help me.

Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

Spoke to my dealer yesterday he is saying before Christmas now basically he said there going to try get them out as quick as possible he said he surprised if they get into next year and expect build week within next 14 days
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Troyj369 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm Spoke to my dealer yesterday he is saying before Christmas now basically he said there going to try get them out as quick as possible he said he surprised if they get into next year and expect build week within next 14 days
Do you mind me asking when you ordered yours? Asking as I ordered in July and would be surprised to get it before Christmas at this point.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Just came off Live Chat (again!) with VW. I asked if my GTI+ would be built before the end of the year. (Ordered 5th Feb). They as usual would not commit but said "maybe" I would get an unconfirmed build date by then.
I have now been issued with a case number if that will do any good.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

So you'd get an unconfirmed build date a year after ordering? That's ridiculous.
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

S_94 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm
Troyj369 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm Spoke to my dealer yesterday he is saying before Christmas now basically he said there going to try get them out as quick as possible he said he surprised if they get into next year and expect build week within next 14 days
Do you mind me asking when you ordered yours? Asking as I ordered in July and would be surprised to get it before Christmas at this point.
April 7th but at this point never know what to believe to be honest
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

Ordered mine on the 12 th January. Have been told I'll get it after Christmas! He do they decide who gets theirs when?.........
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

If as previous posts they are going to build GTIs in November then 8 weeks from that to delivery plus Christmas and New Year then I would say Jan/Feb delivery
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW Group should hang it's collective head in shame.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

One article I read last month said that they have admitted to not having enough engineers to deal with WLTP. Many left after dieselgate.

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:00 am One article I read last month said that they have admitted to not having enough engineers to deal with WLTP. Many left after dieselgate.

Most of the manufacturers are in the same boat regarding WLTP readiness. I have seen just one 68 plate car in almost half of September passed, just a few variants out there WLTP compliant to allow continued production and registration on or after the deadline.
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Post by silver38 »

Tried to order a lease Polo GTi+ today from two lease companies and was given a delivery of 48 weeks. Not good.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

What do you all think of this?
Auto car came out with this a few weeks ago.
Apparently the Golf r and Cupra r have both dropped power by 10hp due to restrictive exhaust pipes to comply with WLTP.
I hope the polo GTi doesn't get a performance drop...
Am I getting worried over nothing here ?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... sions-test
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

MattHGR wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 pm What do you all think of this?
Auto car came out with this a few weeks ago.
Apparently the Golf r and Cupra r have both dropped power by 10hp due to restrictive exhaust pipes to comply with WLTP.
I hope the polo GTi doesn't get a performance drop...
Am I getting worried over nothing here ?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... sions-test
The Golf R came with 300ps at launch and then gained 10ps when the facelift came out (as did the Audi S3), which brought tgem both in line with the Audi TTS which came with 310ps from launch. Since WLTP became imminent, the manual Golf R and standard Golf GTI 230ps (manual and DSG) have bit the dust, but DSG and manual GTI PP 245ps are still going.

Worth noting that the DSG GTI 230 has the 6 speed DSG and the PP got the 7 speed DSG at facelift. Could mean Polo GTI gets the 7 speed box with WLTP compliance.

Seriously doubt the Polo GTI will lose any power when they can get the 245ps Golf GTI PP to comply.