New Polo R-Line

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AaronGrisedale
New
Drives: 2018 Polo R-Line

Re: New Polo R-Line

Post by AaronGrisedale »

I ordered my R-Line at the end of May last year, I don't have a confirmed build week yet but it is currently predicted at 18 if this does happen I am due to receive my car in June this year (13 months! not 20 weeks).

Type:
115PS Manual
Extras:
Reversing camera
Active info display
Reef Blue
Active cruise
Bonneville alloys
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

I have a R line
Lovely car however not to put a damper on your order but I find mine very gutsy I’ve done 90miles and impressively she’s used half a tank of fuel in three days 😳
I am contemplating buying a diesel Audi
You never know my car may be up for sale soon here 😢
I originally ordered mine April and got it October with a winter pack, had I had to wait any longer I would have cancelled my order
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

Kittycat wrote:I have a R line
Lovely car however not to put a damper on your order but I find mine very gutsy I’ve done 90miles and impressively she’s used half a tank of fuel in three days [emoji15]
I am contemplating buying a diesel Audi
You never know my car may be up for sale soon here [emoji22]
I originally ordered mine April and got it October with a winter pack, had I had to wait any longer I would have cancelled my order
Crikey, 90 miles to half a tank, me mate gets at least 120 and that's a 2.0 Hyundai Coupé

I believe I got average to work of about 50ish dependent on my mood, sometimes more, some less... May point out it's fairly flat around me and when I commute there is little to no traffic. Oh and mines a Beats 95PS manual.

The hire car I have (i10) is about 52 everywhere creeps up a little on a run, but Christ is it slow. Going up a sliproad is awful, it takes so long to build speed it's ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mch101
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by Mch101 »

AaronGrisedale wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 pm I ordered my R-Line at the end of May last year, I don't have a confirmed build week yet but it is currently predicted at 18 if this does happen I am due to receive my car in June this year (13 months! not 20 weeks).

Type:
115PS Manual
Extras:
Reversing camera
Active info display
Reef Blue
Active cruise
Bonneville alloys
Which dealership did you order through? I've got mine on order with VW Stockport and they aren't helpful at all.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Little review from my driving magazine this month
Attachments
20190303_224159.jpg
20190303_224224.jpg
AaronGrisedale
New

Post by AaronGrisedale »

Mch101 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:37 pm Which dealership did you order through? I've got mine on order with VW Stockport and they aren't helpful at all.
Southport which are joined with Wigan, yeah they're useless. It has moved to 19 now, so with 8wk delivery I'm predicting delivery week beginning 8th of July for pickup.
Apologies for the late reply I haven't been on the forums for a while.
Mch101
New

Post by Mch101 »

AaronGrisedale wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:26 pm
Mch101 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:37 pm Which dealership did you order through? I've got mine on order with VW Stockport and they aren't helpful at all.
Southport which are joined with Wigan, yeah they're useless. It has moved to 19 now, so with 8wk delivery, I'm predicting delivery week beginning 8th of July for pickup.
Thanks. Well, I was told last week there are 100's of Polos which haven't been assigned a build week and they are trying to get in contact with the factory to find out what is the delay.

I've also been told that they are still working on delivery for middle/end May 19.

VW UK said they would be in contact with me every 3 weeks to provide an update on the situation.

If nothing gets moving by the middle of April, they going to have to do some serious work to keep me as a customer.
ashleyman
New
Drives: Car

Post by ashleyman »

Mch101 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:57 pm
Southport which are joined with Wigan, yeah they're useless. It has moved to 19 now, so with 8wk delivery, I'm predicting delivery week beginning 8th of July for pickup.
Thanks. Well, I was told last week there are 100's of Polos which haven't been assigned a build week and they are trying to get in contact with the factory to find out what is the delay.

I've also been told that they are still working on delivery for middle/end May 19.

VW UK said they would be in contact with me every 3 weeks to provide an update on the situation.

If nothing gets moving by the middle of April, they going to have to do some serious work to keep me as a customer.
How do you feel about potentially having to pay more after 29th March?

VW, Audi & Porsche are all asking people to sign waivers when placing orders now. Have you been asked to sign anything like that?
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

I ordered my car just under 2 weeks ago and I wasn't asked to sign a waiver and no mention was made of potential price increases due to Brexit.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Mch101 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:57 pm

I'd have lost patience at "trying to get in touch with the factory"
What does 'trying' mean in this day and age of multiple means of communication?
I'll tell you what it means, it means they're just going to sit back and wait, they're not making any proactive attempt at all.
As Yoda said, "Do or do not, there is no try"
ashleyman
New
Drives: Car

Post by ashleyman »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am I ordered my car just under 2 weeks ago and I wasn't asked to sign a waiver and no mention was made of potential price increases due to Brexit.
I was. My vehicle list price would remain the same but I'd be liable for any charges on top of the invoice cost. So the standard April 1st price rise wouldn't affect me but any increase in duty or import tariffs I would have to pay for. This is for cars being delivered to the UK after march 29th. If I didn't want to pay the charges I could walk away but I would lose my deposit. It's why we went for a stock car.

That was Volkswagen, Audi were exactly the same and I've read online that Porsche have done the same thing. Might be worth checking with your dealer to avoid any surprises?
AaronGrisedale
New

Post by AaronGrisedale »

I specifically mentioned it when I ordered my car in May, because of the long wait time I needed them to guarantee that the price would be the same so I had them give it me in writing before putting my deposit down. I'm going to Southport next weekend (I have moved to Manchester since ordering) so I will go and check in, but as it stands it still has a predicted -unconfirmed- build week of 19.
Mch101
New

Post by Mch101 »

Well, I've just been told my Polo R-line is on an 18month waiting list!!!

So this is going to be an interesting conversation with the dealership to see what they can do to offer me an alternative vehicle at the old price when my vehicle order was placed in December 2018.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

Mch101 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm Well, I've just been told my Polo R-line is on an 18month waiting list!!!

So this is going to be an interesting conversation with the dealership to see what they can do to offer me an alternative vehicle at the old price when my vehicle order was placed in December 2018.

Interesting indeed. My daughter was told yesterday that her R-Line was schedule for production on Wk 20, this is for an order placed November 2018; hell of a long wait for a shopping trolly!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

These wait times are just crazy. I oredered Jan 2018 got mine 5 months later in June. I thought that was painful.