New Polo R-Line

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
kostuch999
New
Drives: Use to have MK5

New Polo R-Line

Post by kostuch999 »

Hi.

I'm looking into ordering new Polo R-Line. Did anyone ordered one yet and if yes what is your estimated build time?
The dealer I spoken to said the factory order would be up to 20 weeks approximately.. this includes digital display and park assist.

Thanks!
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Re: New Polo R-Line

Post by CP_Vaughny »

Hey,

I’ve ordered an R-Line just last week, it will be my first car and I cannot wait.....but wait, I shall.

I haven’t chose the Active Info Display or Park Assist but I’m still looking at the 20 week wait.
GolfDriver
New
Drives: On my 5th Golf but tempted by new Polo

Post by GolfDriver »

Hope you enjoy your new car.
Shame there's no sign of the 1.5 engine.
I'm struggling to get my head round there only being a 1.0 engine.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

GolfDriver wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:45 pm Hope you enjoy your new car.
Yea, I would have loved the 1.5 evo, 4 pot. As I understand it from the reviews I have seen where the same reviewer has driven both 94ps and 115 they seem to think the 94 is all fine, but the 115 has more about it especially on motorways and when linked to the 7 speed DSG (thy say the DSG keeps the engine in its sweet spot with the turbo always spooled up. I bet the 1.5 .. 6 speed manual will be a real cracker. :P
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:13 am
GolfDriver wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:45 pm Hope you enjoy your new car.
Yea, I would have loved the 1.5 evo, 4 pot. As I understand it from the reviews I have seen where the same reviewer has driven both 94ps and 115 they seem to think the 94 is all fine, but the 115 has more about it especially on motorways and when linked to the 7 speed DSG (thy say the DSG keeps the engine in its sweet spot with the turbo always spooled up. I bet the 1.5 .. 6 speed manual will be a real cracker. :P
When VW initially included the 1.5 Evo engined R-Line in the first new Polo pricelist brochure (with price shown as ‘tba’) before it was quickly removed, it was to be DSG only, so unless anything’s changed, there’s unlikely to be a 6 speed manual Polo R-Line with the 1.5 Evo engine, although you can get this engine with a 6 speed manual gearbox in the new Ibiza FR.

It was also discussed recently over on the Seat forum that apparently Seat have temporarily suspended production of some Leon and Ibiza models, although I’ve been unable to find anything to substantiate this. One of the cars supposedly affected was the new Ibiza FR 1.5 Evo 6 speed manual (no DSG option with the Ibiza). It was discussed that this was probably due to the new WLTP type approval tests for fuel consumption and emissions testing - assume Seat were struggling to achieve their target figures? If this is the case, then VW may also be having compliance issues; unless the 1.5 Evo / DSG combination is more economical and ‘cleaner’ than this engine with a manual gearbox. Could explain why the 1.5 R-Line is still missing from the Polo line up...........and VW wouldn’t want to go down the route of falsifying emissions data again, as that could be very costly for them!
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

When the R-Line first went live on the vw website, for one day, the "build you own" bit included a 1.5 evo 7 speed dsg as an option. I took a screenshot and the price was £21,980.

mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

TurboTrev wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 am When the R-Line first went live on the vw website, for one day, the "build you own" bit included a 1.5 evo 7 speed dsg as an option. I took a screenshot and the price was £21,980.

That's quite an uplift in price from the 115 DSG to Evo 1.5 150 if it was available it would have been to expensive for me. that is GTI territory.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:19 pm
TurboTrev wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 am When the R-Line first went live on the vw website, for one day, the "build you own" bit included a 1.5 evo 7 speed dsg as an option. I took a screenshot and the price was £21,980.

That's quite an uplift in price from the 115 DSG to Evo 1.5 150 if it was available it would have been to expensive for me. that is GTI territory.
Yes, it certainly doesn’t look to be good value relative to other models in the range, but with the price differential between the 1.0 R-Line 115 ps DSG (£20,285) and the GTI (£21,450) being only £1,165, it was always a fair chance it would cost more than the GTI, bearing in mind;
  • Seat charge £1,050 premium for the 1.5 Evo over the 1.0 115ps engine, so VW would probably charge more than this
  • there’s relatively little space in the pricing structure to squeeze a 1.5 DSG R-Line in between the 1.0 115ps DSG R-Line and the GTI
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Yes, it certainly doesn’t look to be good value relative to other models in the range, but with the price differential between the 1.0 R-Line 115 ps DSG (£20,285) and the GTI (£21,450) being only £1,165, it was always a fair chance it would cost more than the GTI, bearing in mind;
  • Seat charge £1,050 premium for the 1.5 Evo over the 1.0 115ps engine, so VW would probably charge more than this
  • there’s relatively little space in the pricing structure to squeeze a 1.5 DSG R-Line in between the 1.0 115ps DSG R-Line and the GTI
Yep agree on all of that. So why would one buy an R line 150 evo over a GTI? would it be insurance cost or fuel econ? or tax band? or all three combined? With the GTI you do seem to get more car for less outlay. so then the question is what is the point of the 150 evo r line. I thought the idea of the R line was to give the sporty look of the GTI without actually have to fork out for a GTI. I not making a point I am genuinely confused.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 am
SRGTD wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Yep agree on all of that. So why would one buy an R line 150 evo over a GTI? would it be insurance cost or fuel econ? or tax band? or all three combined? With the GTI you do seem to get more car for less outlay. so then the question is what is the point of the 150 evo r line. I thought the idea of the R line was to give the sporty look of the GTI without actually have to fork out for a GTI. I not making a point I am genuinely confused.
@mike sel; that’s a good question. Maybe the GTI isn’t for everyone looking at a Polo with a list price of £21k-£22k, so by having a 1.5 R-Line (if it’s ever produced!) gives the customer an alternative choice.

The 1.5 Evo engine probably will emit less CO2, so year 1 tax will be lower than the GTI (from year 2 it’ll be £140 for both). The 1.5 Evo should also be more economical on fuel than the 2.0 GTI, and probably a few insurance groups lower than the GTI. The R-Line suspension will probably be biased more towards comfort than handling, whereas the GTI will be set up for sharper handling. To some potential owners, these factors may be major considerations and sway their buying decision towards the 1.5 R-Line - if it existed.

If the 1.5 Evo engined R-Line was currently in production and I was currently thinking of buying a Polo with a list price of circa £21k-£22k, my money would go on the GTI+, not the 1.5 R-Line.
jimmie.iversen
New
Drives: Polo Comfortline

Post by jimmie.iversen »

CP_Vaughny wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:55 pm Hey,

I’ve ordered an R-Line just last week, it will be my first car and I cannot wait.....but wait, I shall.

I haven’t chose the Active Info Display or Park Assist but I’m still looking at the 20 week wait.
Hello!

Did you get your car yet? if so congratulations.
I'm a proud owner of a Comfortline from Denmark.
Lately i started upgrading to R-line parts on my Polo, because the R-line isn't available in Denmark.
But not all parts are available online yet. My local dealer told me that if i want certain parts then i'll need the VIN (registration) from the car which has the parts,
or else he wont be able to find the parts in their software.
I have only been lucky to find it on a GTI so far, for their common parts.
I would be happy if you, or someone else, would let me get this number.

-Jimmie
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

That is not being very fair with a customer asking them to quote their VIN, if can find an up to date VW parts listing online, and carefully select the part numbers you need and just request that your VW dealer orders them for you, then why would they not want to do that, okay it means that you will need to pay for all these parts before they place the order, but even VW dealers will accept back for return to the main parts warehouse, any parts that you have requested they ordered but you find are not suitable for your car - they will apply quite a high level of handling fees to return unsuitable parts, but better that than you throwing them into a bin, I have been there done that after mistakenly requesting that my VW dealer order me in some steering parts - but I messed up and requested parts for a Polo that did not have power steering - all Polos of that type imported into most European countries had power steering, so it is possible to order in wrong parts!

Edit:- I would expect if you tried using the VIN of an R-line from another country, your VW dealer would not be able to help you as they would try to save you buying the wrong parts, my plan to get hold of an up to date VW parts listing and picking the part numbers yourself would work okay though. As I said, I was able to accidentally order the wrong parts or parts never fitted to UK supplied cars.
KIV237
New
Drives: Polo R line Mk 10

Post by KIV237 »

I am collecting my R-Line Next Week! 22nd December

-Black Pearlecent
-Climate Control
-LED headlights
-Winter pack
-17'' Bonnewille Alloys
-Active Info Display
-Cruise Control

Ordered Mine on the 16th July

I was allocated a Build week in the last week of October,

It took four weeks from Port Elizabeth to get to Emden Port
of which then took 48 hours to ship and arrive in Port Sheerness,
a further 6 days in transit to the dealership and then negotiated a date of pick up which so happens to be the 22nd December.
E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

That makes a nice X-mas present, KIV237!
Mch101
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by Mch101 »

I've placed my order on the 18th December 2018 and still no confirmation of build week yet.

Ordered:
115 R- Line
Reef blue
Winter pack
Bonneville alloys
Dual zone climate control
Active info display

Dealership still hasn't had any updates yet, but they estimating 5-6 month wait at the moment. :roll: