Polo SE Newbie question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
iSteve
New
Drives: 1.0 SE 95 tsi White

Polo SE Newbie question

Post by iSteve »

I’ve picked up a showroom Polo SE that came with some extras. I was told the car had cruise control when I picked it up (not at time of ordering) but can’t seem to work it out. The indicator stick only shows limiter, after looking online there is not a button underneath to change from limiter to cruise control so either it doesn’t or I’m being stupid.
Secondly the date on clock is showing as 2011, can’t work out how to change that
Other than that brilliant car, If anyone can offer any help I’d appreciate it
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo SE Newbie question

Post by SRGTD »

Welcome Steve!

Your dealer should have explained the operation of the controls and equipment fitted to your new car as part of the handover process and your clock calendar should have been set to the correct year when the dealer carried out the pre delivery inspection on your car. If they didn’t do either of these, you should find details of how to operate the cruise control and set your calendar year in your owners manual.

I have a previous model Polo and the clock / calendar setting can be adjusted in the ‘Car’ settings via the infotainment screen in my car. I suspect the clock settings in the new Polo are set the same way, even though the various menus will be accessed differently (physical buttons in mine, touch screen in yours). If clock is adjusted in the same way and you have a ‘Car’ icon on your infotainment screen, select this. Go into the car ‘settings’ sub-menus (accessed in my car from symbol that looks like two cog wheels). Scroll down until you find the ‘time and date’ menu. You should then be able to reset the calendar year, assuming the functionality is the same as it is in my car.

As far as your cruise control is concerned, sorry can’t really help you as cruise control in my car is operated via buttons on the steering wheel whereas yours appear to operate via the L/H column stalk. Suggest you look up the cruise control section in your owners manual; it should explain how to operate the various cruise control functions, and you’ll also be able to establish from what’s in the manual whether or not cruise control is actually fitted to your car.

If you were told your car had cruise control and it doesn’t have this, has your dealer mis-described the car to you? If so and if it’s possible to retro-fit this to your car, you could ask them to fit it at no cost to you so the car is as they described it. If they say it’s not possible to do this, then I’d be pushing for some form of compensation such as a couple of free services or extended warranty (if you’re planning on keeping the car beyond 3 years).
Jessesam
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by Jessesam »

Standard polo SE only has speed limiter and not cruise control, you’ve been misinformed with this.its also not a retro fit item.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, cruise control isn’t part of the SE model’s standard spec, but it is available as an option on the SE.

The OP says that their car has some extras (it was a showroom car, so the OP didn’t order the spec that the car came with), and they were told the car had cruise control, so reasonable to assume this was spec’d as an option on their car by the dealer when they ordered the car for their dealership stock.
iSteve
New
Drives: 1.0 SE 95 tsi White

Post by iSteve »

Thanks all, as expected, didn’t think it did have cruise control but at least I’m now on the correct date, I’ll have a word with garage when next in, thanks for your help