When will we get the 1.5 engine?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
GolfDriver
New
Drives: On my 5th Golf but tempted by new Polo

Re: When will we get the 1.5 engine?

Post by GolfDriver »

I've seen nothing official just can't understand why it isn't being offered. I don't see it being WLTP related as the engine is currently available on other vehicles in the Audi, Skoda, Seat and VW family.

Maybe I should test drive a 1.0 litre but can't imagine it's anything like my Golf 1.4TSI.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

GolfDriver wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 pm I've seen nothing official just can't understand why it isn't being offered. I don't see it being WLTP related as the engine is currently available on other vehicles in the Audi, Skoda, Seat and VW family.

Maybe I should test drive a 1.0 litre but can't imagine it's anything like my Golf 1.4TSI.
It’s not available in the equivalent models to the Polo though (Current Audi A1, Skoda Fabia or Seat Ibiza). It was available in the current Seat Ibiza at launch, but dropped - supposedly temporarily, pending WLTP type approval certification for use in the Ibiza.

It could be that the 1.5 EVO engine hasn’t been tested / type approved under WLTP in the Polo yet, but it may have been in other VAG vehicles, which could explain why it’s currently available in other vehicles but not the Polo. Alternatively, VW may have decided not to have the 1.5 EVO engine in the Polo range after all and just not communicated this.

It would be good if VW could clear this up though for the benefit of potential customers hoping to buy a Polo with this engine variant.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:45 am
GolfDriver wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 pm I've seen nothing official just can't understand why it isn't being offered. I don't see it being WLTP related as the engine is currently available on other vehicles in the Audi, Skoda, Seat and VW family.

It’s not available in the equivalent models to the Polo though (Current Audi A1, Skoda Fabia or Seat Ibiza). It was available in the current Seat Ibiza at launch, but dropped - supposedly temporarily, pending WLTP type approval certification for use in the Ibiza.

It could be that the 1.5 EVO engine hasn’t been tested / type approved under WLTP in the Polo yet, but it may have been in other VAG vehicles, which could explain why it’s currently available in other vehicles but not the Polo. Alternatively, VW may have decided not to have the 1.5 EVO engine in the Polo range after all and just not communicated this.

It would be good if VW could clear this up though for the benefit of potential customers hoping to buy a Polo with this engine variant.
actualy czech configurator offered polo with 1.5 evo (only highline with dsg), there was also gti with manual. I think 1.5 and gti with manual will come after WLTP is sorted
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd still think that the 1.5 is still missing from Polo, Ibiza due to the size of the task getting all these engine options tested in all the models and versions of all the models it will end up in, so the biggest users, or the cars with the biggest demand will be tested first to keep the factory outputs and money inputs as high as they can until this new testing has been completed for the current VW Group fleet.

My daughter is waiting for a 1.5 in her next Ibiza - I think, so she has some unknown time to wait for that.
GolfDriver
New

Post by GolfDriver »

Spoke to my local dealer today and asked about a 1.5 Polo. He is confident there will be one. So I wait a bit longer before deciding what to buy.
Malcolm Scott
New
Drives: 2010 (60) 1.2 SEL TSI

Post by Malcolm Scott »

I had been intending to order a T-Cross equipped with the 1.5TSI engine and, possibly, the DSG gearbox as soon as the order books open, but after reading the Autocar comments about the (presumably WLTP tested) engine in the latest Audi Q3, I am beginning to have doubts:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/au ... 018-review
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

These drivability new features do sound like being a nuisance, hopefully VW Group will get on top of them before shipping too many cars.

Once again, one problem solved, ie particles being captured, but the engines start to behave like dogs, maybe this will force us into EVs?
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

The 1.5 engined R-Line (Highline)has appeared on the German VW website :) :: Only in DSG form tho'

Nearly the same base price as a manual GTI ?!
Last edited by albob on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

albob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm The !.5 engined R-Line (Highline)has appeared on the German VW website :) :: Only in DSG form tho'

:-D in that case gti is better choice :-D
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

albob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm The !.5 engined R-Line (Highline)has appeared on the German VW website :) :: Only in DSG form tho'

When the 1.5 EVO engine initially appeared on VWUK website (before being quickly deleted) when the current Polo was launched, it was only to be available in conjunction with DSG transmission, and only in the R-Line model.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:00 am

When the 1.5 EVO engine initially appeared on VWUK website (before being quickly deleted) when the current Polo was launched, it was only to be available in conjunction with DSG transmission, and only in the R-Line model.
czech configurator showed same. I gues no manual for 1.5 EVO
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

albob wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm The 1.5 engined R-Line (Highline)has appeared on the German VW website :) :: Only in DSG form tho'
Also the 1.5 now showing as 6d (WLTP) compliant from December on ADAC website.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt- ... fault.aspx
E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

Today the new Polo pricelist valid from januari is online in the Netherlands. No 1.5, no GTI manual (yet). CO2 rised from 134 to 138 g/km.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

The way things are going with VW, the Polo in the UK will get the 1.5 engine when Nelson gets his eye back :(
GolfDriver
New

Post by GolfDriver »

Maybe I'm no longer keen on the 1.5!

Seems to be one problem after another.

https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=140

What should I get to replace my Golf.