My Polo SEL has been Built

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

My Polo SEL has been Built

Post by WillWord »

Just got update on My VW
"Your car has been built and has now left the factory. On average it takes 4 weeks from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer"
Dont think 4 weeks is realistic, but hoping for end of April.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: My Polo SEL has been Built

Post by SRGTD »

Not long now Will.

More like six weeks from the factory in South Africa, so you’re probably looking at end of April-early May.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Thanks, I would be happy with the end of April, but yes maybe early May.
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

Mine was finished on the 22nd so I should be getting it the same time as you I would imagine.
Could even be on the same ship.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 pm Mine was finished on the 22nd so I should be getting it the same time as you I would imagine.
My dealer has been totally silent since order was placed, has your dealer updated you at all?
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

WillWord wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm
Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 pm Mine was finished on the 22nd so I should be getting it the same time as you I would imagine.
My dealer has been totally silent since order was placed, has your dealer updated you at all?
He did update me fairly regularly. I popped into the dealers and whilst there he explained that every Friday he checks the progress of any cars he has ordered and trys to let people know whats going on with their order.
I got one of good ones I guess but I have had issues with the same dealership being incredibly slow to get some fault finding done on my Scirocco with weeks passing without anything being done.

Just luck of the draw.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

[/quote]

He did update me fairly regularly. I popped into the dealers and whilst there he explained that every Friday he checks the progress of any cars he has ordered and trys to let people know whats going on with their order.
I got one of good ones I guess but I have had issues with the same dealership being incredibly slow to get some fault finding done on my Scirocco with weeks passing without anything being done.

Just luck of the draw.
[/quote]

Looks like I will have to pop on next time I am passing.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hope you people have asked for the name of the transporter ship so that you can track it on one of the "marine movements" sites, always something to give you accurate ideas of where the car is?
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am Hope you people have asked for the name of the transporter ship so that you can track it on one of the "marine movements" sites, always something to give you accurate ideas of where the car is?
A bit like this.. :: City of Paris currently sat in Emden

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/CI ... -233921000
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Correct!

Edit:- if you get really bored you can also find info of transporter ships that have been subjected to hurricane conditions getting their precious cargoes dragged or lifted out using big stacker trucks etc, maybe too extreme for some people’s eyes!
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am Hope you people have asked for the name of the transporter ship so that you can track it on one of the "marine movements" sites, always something to give you accurate ideas of where the car is?
Just got details from dealer, my car is on the Leo Spirit, left Port Elizabeth 27/3/18 currently passing the Gambia on the way to Port Vigo Spain, due 11/4/18 12.00 noon. Then I assume Emden to unload and final check before comming to the UK.
Dealer then quotes "It’s due to clear Emden in Germany by the 17th May"
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:02 pm
Just got details from dealer, my car is on the Leo Spirit, left Port Elizabeth 27/3/18 currently passing the Gambia on the way to Port Vigo Spain, due 11/4/18 12.00 noon. Then I assume Emden to unload and final check before comming to the UK.
Thank you for that info. So that's build w/c 19 March, clears Emden 17th May then a week for you to collect. Say by end of May? So from build to collect is 10-11 weeks, potentially. (longer then the 6 weeks we all expected) Please keep us posted on progress. Very interesting.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 am
WillWord wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:02 pm
Thank you for that info. So that's build w/c 19 March, clears Emden 17th May then a week for you to collect. Say by end of May? So from build to collect is 10-11 weeks, potentially. (longer then the 6 weeks we all expected) Please keep us posted on progress. Very interesting.
I think it’ll depend on how quickly the card gets loaded onto the boat. Don’t know how allocation of a car to a space on a boat works, but it seems some cars, once they’ve been built, don’t get loaded onto the next available boat, whereas others do. If this happens in Soth Africa and Elden, then it’ll impact overall transportation time from the factory to the UK.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Up Date on my cars journey.

Departed Port Elizabeth/South Africa 15.07 27/3/18
Arrived Vito/Spain Today 03.43 12/4/18
Departed Vito/Spain 14.15 12/4/18
Next Stop ! Zeebrugge/ Belgium ETA 14/4/18

So who knows were it will go after Zeebrugge, hopefully Emden :!:
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:21 pm Up Date on my cars journey.

Departed Port Elizabeth/South Africa 15.07 27/3/18
Arrived Vito/Spain Today 03.43 12/4/18
Departed Vito/Spain 14.15 12/4/18
Next Stop ! Zeebrugge/ Belgium ETA 14/4/18

So who knows were it will go after Zeebrugge, hopefully Emden :!:
Good info there, keep the updates coming. My SEL was built last week according to the dealer, and is now in transit to the dealer. Funny thing though the Track my car app still says build week confirmed as this week. I have asked live message and they say it takes 10 days to build a Polo and it was started last week and is not showing as complete yet. Who knows but I should find out its on a boat within a week. the dealer says its then 8 weeks to collection.