Lead and Delivery Times (App Problems!)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jhatchdub
New
Drives: 1.0L Turbo SE

Lead and Delivery Times (App Problems!)

Post by Jhatchdub »

Hi all,

I don’t know if you know or not, so I thought I would post in case anybody wondered.

I ordered a Polo SE in Energetic Orange with optional alloys, cruise control, and a few other extras. Order date was 16th Feb. I’ve been checking the app again and again for the past few weeks and it wasn’t moving at all.

Contacted VW via online hat today and they confirmed it was at Stage 38 of the process (in Emden waiting to be shipped to Grimsby) and that it would be delivered to the dealer in between 2-3 weeks. This obviously cheered me up to no end!!

VW app clearly is slow and not updating, or has not been updated at all. Best to check with VW customer services!

Hope this is of use for anyone 😊
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Re: Lead and Delivery Times (App Problems!)

Post by erxrx »

Jhatchdub wrote:Hi all,

I don’t know if you know or not, so I thought I would post in case anybody wondered.

I ordered a Polo SE in Energetic Orange with optional alloys, cruise control, and a few other extras. Order date was 16th Feb. I’ve been checking the app again and again for the past few weeks and it wasn’t moving at all.

Contacted VW via online hat today and they confirmed it was at Stage 38 of the process (in Emden waiting to be shipped to Grimsby) and that it would be delivered to the dealer in between 2-3 weeks. This obviously cheered me up to no end!!

VW app clearly is slow and not updating, or has not been updated at all. Best to check with VW customer services!

Hope this is of use for anyone [emoji4]
Nope. Just spoke to them on the chat, I’m on stage 00, despite placing the order in mid January. [emoji36]

I’ve got half a mind to just cancel this order. It’s a joke at this point, especially the lack of communication of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

It's all par for the course with VW. It can be a protracted and tedious process.
I've had a number of new vw cars over the years but I think this will be my last.
It'll be something I see on the forecourt or showroom in the future and probably not VW.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 am It's all par for the course with VW. It can be a protracted and tedious process.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Yes, the VW process does mean you need the patience of a saint. Long waiting times does seem to be the norm when VW launch a new model. I worked with someone who ordered a Scirocco just after it had been launched, and they waited almost a year for their car. Long waiting times for the mk7 Golf just after it’s launch have already been mentioned - ironically, judging by the experience of new Golf owners on some of the Golf forums, waiting times can now be as short as a couple of months for a Golf GTI.

It seems that there’s a fundamental issue with the start-up of the production process within VW’s factories when a new model is launched, or VW’s supply chain is unable to keep up with demand, or VW are very poor at projecting the number of orders they’ll receive and they’re really struggling to keep up with the volume of orders. I suspect it’s a combination of these factors. Whatever the reasons, it’s not helpful to the customer if VW don’t communicate the reasons for the long wait times or, more importantly, quickly address the issues that are causing the long wait times.

Really sympathise with you guys who have ordered and are playing the waiting game, but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.
GolfDriver
New
Drives: On my 5th Golf but tempted by new Polo

Post by GolfDriver »

Makes you wonder where all the cars are. I've seen one on the road in the UK and had a week in Madrid last week where I thought I would see plenty. Saw just one! :?
Jhatchdub
New
Drives: 1.0L Turbo SE

Post by Jhatchdub »

Hi again all,

Sorry to hear your experiencing so many delay problems.

An update that might make you a bit more cheerful for when you do get to transit stage!

I received updates in very quick succession over the last few days. My car is not in the UK and it looks like I’ll be collecting it in 5 days. It arrived in Grimsby on Thursday.

It seems the shipping process has been quicker in the final stages that i thought it would be.

So that makes it 6 weeks from order to collection (bearing in mind the car I have order d was very luckily already built as the options I chose weren’t very overkill!)