New Polo Beats 2018

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

New Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

Just ordered the new Polo Beats, excited after driving an Up! for 2 years :(

Has anyone taken these door badges off without issue?

Polo Beats Door Badge
Polo Beats Door Badge
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New Polo Beats 2018

Post by SRGTD »

Congratulations. Now the wait begins.

I doubt many forum members who’ve ordered a new Polo Beats will have taken delivery yet, and they might not want to remove the badges, so that narrows down the number who have removed them. Out of curiosity, why would you want to remove them?

Knowing how they’re are attached is really important before trying to remove them. If they’re held on with clips that go through the plastic panel they’re attached to, removing them will leave holes, that presumably you wouldn’t want to see, in which case I’d leave them on. Badges on bodywork that’re held on with self adhesive pads can usually be removed with dental floss, and there are plenty of videos on YouTube for removing car badges with dental floss, like this one;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=febXx3r0RWs

Be aware that the piano black plastic that’s used on the B pillars that the ‘Beats’ badges are attached to is a ‘soft’ plastic and very prone to swirls and scratches (most manufacturers use the same type of plastic). In the video above which is removing badges from painted metal, the method used is likely to result in some form of damage to a soft plastic panel (scratches and swirls), however careful you are. I also wouldn’t recommend using a heat gun (as mentioned in the video) to soften any glue residue on a plastic panel, as this could result in permanent damage and distortion to the panel.

The badges are small and quite unobtrusive; I doubt most people would even really notice them. I’d just leave them on and just enjoy the sound system that’s fitted in your car.
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

Thank you!

Yea i don't think there will be many around as yet, at least of the 2018 model.

Thank you for the advice. I think I shall leave it as is.

Just had an update and it has a build week of 22? Does that mean the 22nd week, so 28th May?

I had ordered this back on the 25th February, and the dealer said they are looking at a July delivery! :evil: :(
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

phileep wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:47 pm Thank you!

Yea i don't think there will be many around as yet, at least of the 2018 model.

Thank you for the advice. I think I shall leave it as is.

Just had an update and it has a build week of 22? Does that mean the 22nd week, so 28th May?

I had ordered this back on the 25th February, and the dealer said they are looking at a July delivery! :evil: :(
Yes, build week 22 would be the 22nd week of the year. The new Polo is built in South Africa and typically it takes around six weeks after a car has been built for it to be delivered to the dealership in the UK. So, assuming your build week doesn’t change (it sometimes does), you’re probably looking at an end of July / beginning of August delivery.

If you’ve not already done so, it’s worth having a look at the ‘Track my car’ FAQ’s on VW’s website, which will help you understand some of the reasons for the timescales involved between ordering a car and it being delivered to the customer;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/faq
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Post by Garjen »

I ordered my beats beginning of February. It's arrived at dealership today so that's aprox 8 weeks from order , manufacturer, delivery to collection. The dealership gave me an estimate of 31st march and it's pretty much bang on !
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

Ah congrats! Fingers crossed the system isn't accurate for my estimated date.

I ordered 25th February and they initially said around May (which didn't seem too bad)

They rang to say they managed to do a spec amend on a order already submitted but then casually dropped the bombshell of a week 22 build and July delivery!

I have emailed the dealer to see if they can see what the hold up is or if there's anything they can do to bring it forward as it'd be nearly a 5 month order, only something you imagine when ordering a bespoke Bentley. :roll:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

phileep wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 pm Ah congrats! Fingers crossed the system isn't accurate for my estimated date.

I ordered 25th February and they initially said around May (which didn't seem too bad)

They rang to say they managed to do a spec amend on a order already submitted but then casually dropped the bombshell of a week 22 build and July delivery!

I have emailed the dealer to see if they can see what the hold up is or if there's anything they can do to bring it forward as it'd be nearly a 5 month order, only something you imagine when ordering a bespoke Bentley. :roll:
5 months is pretty good for VW on a new model. When the mk7 Golf was launched, forum members on one of the Golf forums were typically reporting a 7-8 month wait for certain models, and a few experienced a wait of up to 12 months. Don’t forget that pretty much all VW cars are built to order and all components for each car have to be ordered in by VW before a build week can be confirmed. If you consider the number of component parts that have to be ordered in to build a car, It only takes one or two of VW’s suppliers to be unable to supply certain parts or components, and the supply chain can break down, the result being that build schedules might be put a risk.

There’s probably also an increased customer demand in the first few months following the launch of an all new model, which could mean in the short term, demand outstrips the factory production capacity.

I know it’s little consolation but there will be many others in a similar situation to yourself, and playing the waiting game can be frustrating, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 pm
phileep wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 pm Ah congrats! Fingers crossed the system isn't accurate for my estimated date.

5 months is pretty good for VW on a new model. When the mk7 Golf was launched, forum members on one of the Golf forums were typically reporting a 7-8 month wait for certain models, and a few experienced a wait of up to 12 months. Don’t forget that pretty much all VW cars are built to order and all components for each car have to be ordered in by VW before a build week can be confirmed. If you consider the number of component parts that have to be ordered in to build a car, It only takes one or two of VW’s suppliers to be unable to supply certain parts or components, and the supply chain can break down, the result being that build schedules might be put a risk.

There’s probably also an increased customer demand in the first few months following the launch of an all new model, which could mean in the short term, demand outstrips the factory production capacity.

I know it’s little consolation but there will be many others in a similar situation to yourself, and playing the waiting game can be frustrating, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.
No I know, I'm just a little frustrated is all.

I went from a Polo Gti (6n2) to a Polo Blue GT (2014) and then down to a Take Up! (Due to saving money for our wedding) so I am sooo eager to get out of the Up!

It'll be ready when it's ready. I'm sure their not sat in the factor with their feet up.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

I have been told six months for a new Polo made to order. In the Sunday Times today Nick Rutherford states that there are production backlogs in Germany, and that might contribute to the long wait for a Polo. But I can assure you that the wait is worth it. :)
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Yes..booming German exports. They certainly enjoy the euro and would not want the deutschmark back anytime soon. ;)
( still no build date on my january order, bored now. )

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 pm

My SEL 115 DSG is supposed to be built w/c 9th April. The tracker still says that so it looks like a build of next week! not holding my breath on that one. More important is when it actually get on a ship bound for Europe. I think it goes into Germany for a quality check so I think even IF it is built next week I wont see it until mid late May.

I will post progress
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

mike sel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:45 pm
My SEL 115 DSG is supposed to be built w/c 9th April. The tracker still says that so it looks like a build of next week! not holding my breath on that one. More important is when it actually get on a ship bound for Europe. I think it goes into Germany for a quality check so I think even IF it is built next week I wont see it until mid late May.

I will post progress
Hey! Ah brillant news! When did you put the order through?

Yea that rumor is going around about the pit stop in Germany.

Yes, keep us posted! :D
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

phileep wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 pm
mike sel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I will post progress
Hey! Ah brillant news! When did you put the order through?

Yea that rumor is going around about the pit stop in Germany.

Yes, keep us posted! :D
Ordered on the 29 Jan. its SEL, 115 DSG, std grey colour, std 16" wheels, active cruise control, rear view camera, digital dash, park assist, blind spot notification, folding mirrors, occupant safety, drive mode, winter pack. so I don`t know if any of those options delay a build? still it will be about 4 months from order to collection. pleased I got on and ordered it when I did LOL.