GTI+ Ordered

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Marcus73
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

GTI+ Ordered

Post by Marcus73 »

Hi All,

New to the forum and thought I should sign up and let you know I ordered a GTI+ today.

Estimated delivery date is currently at 31st January 2019 :shock:

Let the journey begin............
Trip1982
New
Drives: Polo 6r

Re: GTI+ Ordered

Post by Trip1982 »

Holy **** :shock:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

That is quite ridiculous.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@Marcus73, if you’d ordered on 1st April, I’d have thought your post was an April fools prank. 10 months waiting time for a mass produced car is a joke, to put it mildly.

The previous model Polo for the UK market used to be built in Spain and South Africa, but the new Polo isn’t being built in Spain, so that must’ve put pressure on production capacity in the SA factory, which won’t be helping the long waiting times.

Let’s hope VW get their act together quickly and they do whatever’s necessary to cope with the (presumably) much higher than expected demand, so customers don’t have to experience these excessive waiting times.
Marcus73
New

Post by Marcus73 »

My order isn't showing up on "My Volkswagen" yet. Guess it will take a while to be processed.

Fingers crossed the delivery time improves.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

@Marcus73; do you have a tracking number?

Thinking about the very lengthy wait that your dealer had told you for your GTI+, it could be that your dealer has accepted more orders than the number of build slots they have been allocated by VW. The undernoted is from VW’s website - ‘Track my Car FAQs’;

‘Volkswagen UK operates what is called a managed supply system for most models, to ensure a fair distribution of available production across the retailer network. This means each retailer is allocated a set number of cars on a rolling three month basis. So when you place an order, it is advisable to check which month's allocation your car is intended for and if allocation is not available, whether it is possible to order from another retailer or when more vehicles may become available’.

If your dealer has received more customer orders than the number of build slots allocated to them, they may not be able to submit your order until next month or even later, which might explain why your order isn’t showing up. If you do have a tracking number, this suggests the dealer has submitted your order and the details of your order are in the system, but the tracker just hasn’t been updated yet (it is often slow to be updated). Worth asking your dealer if they’ve submitted your order and if not, which month’s allocation your car is intended for.

The full set of VW’s Track my Car FAQs can be found here;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/faq
Marcus73
New

Post by Marcus73 »

I have an order number. I’m guessing order number/tracking number are the same?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Marcus73 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 am I have an order number. I’m guessing order number/tracking number are the same?
The tracking number should be an 8 digit number and as far as I’m aware, is generated by VW’s online new car ordering system once the dealer has input your order details to place the order with the factory. When I ordered my current car at the end of 2015, the order number was the number on the form that I signed when I agreed the deal on my car with the dealer, and was different to the tracking number.

My dealer emailed me my tracking number on the same day I agreed my deal with them, so they placed my order with the factory on that same day. If you’ve not got your tracking number yet, it suggests;
  • the dealer may not have input your order details into VW’s system.
  • your dealer might have exceeded their build slot allocation, so can’t submit your order to VW until a later month, when they have been allocated some more build slots.
Hopefully not the second of the above two possibilities. Realistically, a dealer is highly unlikely to refuse a sale if they’ve filled all their allocated build slots, as they will have sales targets to meet. They may conveniently not tell the customer their car won’t be ordered for a few months though!
Last edited by SRGTD on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Marcus73 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 pm Hi All,

New to the forum and thought I should sign up and let you know I ordered a GTI+ today.

Estimated delivery date is currently at 31st January 2019 :shock:

Let the journey begin............
:shock: WOW you must be a patient guy. I ordered my SEL 115 DSG on the 29th Jan and it looks like I will get it mid / late May so that's 4 months. I thought I was super patient with that. So fair play to you, you really do deserve for that to arrive gold plated!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Ordered my GTI + on Feb 10th , just got a build start date of Monday 28th May ( 2018!!)
No indication of delivery date yet but probably late July hopefully.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Been contemplating the replacement for my wife's Audi A1 1.6TDI. It's a great little car, but 3 door doesn't suit our current needs now we both need to take kids to and from school from September. Right now, the wife has my Golf R during the week, and I do the longer commute in the A1 (40 mile round trip for me, 16 miles for the wife). So I want something 5 doors and a bit nippy.

I was originally drawn to the Polo GTI+, but DSG only really put me off. I considered the Ibiza FR 1.5TSI EVO, available at huge discount, but VAG has apparently pulled the engine until the end of the year. Considered a year old 5 door Mini Cooper/Cooper S, as horrendous depreciation makes them a used bargain, but didn't like the feel of it. Things look premium but feel cheap inside, and the offset of the pedals is awful. The proportions are a bit ugly in 5 door too.

Back to the Polo GTI+ and I find that VW has closed the books on the + for now and wait times are just silly (42 weeks), with still no manual option announced. I'm hoping/expecting manual to become available on the model year change, so have made enquiries. I've found a broker site that has a dealership which has some GTI+ on order that I can jump in on and modify. Another 25 week wait on the current date, so November delivery expected. Was hoping to change Sept, so struggling on with 3 doors is no hardship for 2 months.

Looking to get a Flash Red GTI+ with the iron dash insert and Brescia wheels. If manual becomes available before build date is locked in, the dealership will make changes to the order for me.