New Polo SE Arrived

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jhatchdub
New
Drives: 1.0L Turbo SE

New Polo SE Arrived

Post by Jhatchdub »

Hi all,

I ordered my Polo SE DSG 115 BHP in early February and I collected it yesterday. It’s pretty standard specification except for the Seine allow wheels, cruise control and a few other small bits.

If you have any questions about the New Polo let me know. From first impressions I’m really surprised, the DSG is really smooth, it’s got a punchy engine, the quality is superb, rid quality very good, it’s quiet and pick up pace well, and is a great all rounder. The DAB and Infotainment system is the best I’ve seen and it works flawlessly. It’s got some clever little features built in too. I got the Metallic Energetic Orange which I never thought I would, but it looks great!

I’m open to any questions - I hope you all get yours soon too.
Attachments
A6D4417D-8354-4194-8BE5-72675E283EB8.jpeg
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New Polo SE Arrived

Post by SRGTD »

Congratulations on your new car - it looks great. I really like Energetic Orange 👍
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

Congratulations, looking good, interested to hear your thoughts after a few days of ownership.
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

Congrats on your new car! It really does look good in orange.

Out of interest - which dealership did you go through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jhatchdub
New

Post by Jhatchdub »

erxrx wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm Congrats on your new car! It really does look good in orange.

Out of interest - which dealership did you go through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

I got it from Alan Day VW in New Southgate, London. They were amazing. Even threw in nearly a full tank and car mats without asking!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Jhatchdub wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 pm Hi all,

I ordered my Polo SE DSG 115 BHP in early February and I collected it yesterday. It’s pretty standard specification except for the Seine allow wheels, cruise control and a few other small bits.

If you have any questions about the New Polo let me know. From first impressions I’m really surprised, the DSG is really smooth, it’s got a punchy engine, the quality is superb, rid quality very good, it’s quiet and pick up pace well, and is a great all rounder. The DAB and Infotainment system is the best I’ve seen and it works flawlessly. It’s got some clever little features built in too. I got the Metallic Energetic Orange which I never thought I would, but it looks great!

Contrats on the new Polo. Looks great in the orange there. I bet it really looks good on a sunny day. Question. You say the DSG is smooth, is that from the stop start at traffic lights and the like as well? I have seen a few youtube reviews where they say its a bit jerky at pulling away and from the stop start kicking in. I have ordered a SEL 115 DSG, I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake. :?: .
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Nice. Which tyres do you have? Mine came with goodyear efficientgrip tyres. You have the VW Smart Control and phone app I assume?
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Leif wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am Nice. Which tyres do you have? Mine came with goodyear efficientgrip tyres. You have the VW Smart Control and phone app I assume?
Are you finding the phone apps easy to use?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

It is about time that VW offered the Polo in some maybe loud but desirable colours, my wife ended up with a silver one back in 2002 and another silver one back in 2015, not out of a desire for silver though it looks okay, but due to lack of any other colours "catching her eye"!

I sure it will look good and even better in sunny weather, my 2011 Audi S4 has Deep Sea Blue as its body colour, looks amazing when the sun is out - looks black the rest of the time! A bit like the Moonstone Blue my wife's old Fiesta 1.6Si came in, a pity that a desire to own that S4 overcame my dislike (forgotten about temporarily) for cars with darker paints - even pearl ones!
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am
Leif wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am Nice. Which tyres do you have? Mine came with goodyear efficientgrip tyres. You have the VW Smart Control and phone app I assume?
Are you finding the phone apps easy to use?
Depends which you mean, the VW iPhone app for viewing trip data is very easy to use. If you mean iPhone apps that appear on the car display, yes they are easy to use. I don’t get all, Music, Phone, Maps, Amazon Music come to mind. I was really impressed when I first tried it, the integration is done well, though I guess that is Apple CarPlay so nothing to do with VW, apart from integrating it in.

Regarding tyres, I have a loan car while VW fix my new Polo, and it has Continental EcoConnect 5 tyres. The ride is as per my car, which I find harder than I would prefer.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

Oh, and regarding colours, I agree. I chose reflex silver, though the orange appealed, not sure I would have like it in two years time though. Why no lovely sky blue, or a nice yellow, or a Tornado red? Reef Blue might be okay, but I’ve never seen it for real. I didn’t want white again, or black, or grey, or the in your face red.
Jhatchdub
New

Post by Jhatchdub »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:45 am
Jhatchdub wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 pm Hi all,

Contrats on the new Polo. Looks great in the orange there. I bet it really looks good on a sunny day. Question. You say the DSG is smooth, is that from the stop start at traffic lights and the like as well? I have seen a few youtube reviews where they say its a bit jerky at pulling away and from the stop start kicking in. I have ordered a SEL 115 DSG, I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake. :?: .
It’s pretty smooth at both stop start in traffic and in general. At first I found it a bit jerky, ever so slightly. But I had never drives an auto/DSG before so I’ve had to adapt a bit and now it’s so easy to drive - you learn to adapt when to apply the accelerator etc. I already don’t think I would go back to a manual!
Jhatchdub
New

Post by Jhatchdub »

I haven’t checked thoroughly but I know that they are Falken tyres (the same I had on my old car) and I really like the ride they give. I’ve had Continentals in the past but just prefer Falkens. Yes have VW app with controls and find it a really nice addition - interesting to have a play with!