new fuel consumption & emission tests letter.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

new fuel consumption & emission tests letter.

Post by mike sel »

Hi all I just got a letter from VW which I am asked to sign and return. it is regarding the emissions regulations changing and how it may affect the POLO I have ordered.

It states the new test is being phased in and IF my car is tested it may be subject to an unspecified delay.

Now the sales guy did not ring me to let me know he was sending this letter (its sent in his name and he signed it) so I have put a call into him and requested a call back.

They say that IF the MPG or emissions change from that advertised when they sold you the car, they give you the option to cancel the order.

To be honest I did not believe the figures advertised by any vehicle manufacturer anyway so I not likely to cancel just because they have changed (I suppose it depends on how much they change, I always assume they over state the MPG by 10%).

A few week delay however may attract a different response from me.

Anyways, letter singed and returned. We continue waiting.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Re: new fuel consumption & emission tests letter.

Post by WillWord »

Mike, is your build week still next week?
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

I’ve always been able to match the stated combined mpg figure, in fact my old Style Ka routinely did much better. My 2018 Polo seems to be doing much lower mpg than the combined figure, possibly because the stop start skews the urban value,
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

Modern small turbo engines typically perform far from the test figures. They chuck out much more CO2 And burn much more fuel when the turbo is in full swing.

However the figures are there for comparison between makes and models only. They are not meant to be realistic! People often forget this.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

So how come I regularly got about 65 mpg from my Up on long commutes in warmer weather? I will check the Polo, once it is repaired.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

The new testing is ment to be more realistic I think manufacturers are struggling with new emissions standards being introduced

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:14 pm Mike, is your build week still next week?
No change on line with the tracker. Shows still build next week. Dealer did not call though