Two cars, two failures

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Two cars, two failures

Post by Leif »

My brand new Polo is at the dealers having had the front wipers fixed. I collect it tomorrow morning. The wipers failed after four days, in torrential rain. It was potentially very dangerous. Had they failed five minutes earlier on the M3, I would have been in deep doo doo, quite literally. The rain was heavy. I’ve had a loan car since last Saturday. This evening the loan car failed. The front wipers stopped working while driving back from the ice rink. They soon restarted, but only at low speed. And the auto start has failed. This suggests that there is a systemic fault in the electrics. I’m starting to really like this car, but I am concerned that it might have duff electrics.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else has had a car for any length of time with/without a similar fail.
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Re: Two cars, two failures

Post by wizzywig27 »

I’ve had mine for five week, I don’t want to tempt fate but so far so good, no problems.

One thing I have noticed is that on occasion, when reversing, I apply the brakes there is a loud (enough to hear it in the cabin) knock noise. May just be the rear drum brakes applying, but the OH’s doesn’t do it.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Two cars, two failures

Post by Leif »

Update: The problem with my car was a failed switch/relay in the steering column, replaced under warranty. The load car was fine this morning on the way to the dealers to collect my own car. It must have been a glitch. Fingers crossed for others. :D