What MPG are owners getting in the real world?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: What MPG are owners getting in the real world?

Post by monkeyhanger »

AND_031 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 pm In order not to open a new topic I would ask my question here as it is related to petrol.
Can I use premium 100-octane fuel in my 1.0TSI 95hp without any side effects?

Related to the subject for the first 2000 miles I got a 55mpg on my 1.0TSI 95hp Polo
Yes you can, but why would you pay the extra? You'll get no benefit.from it. None of the Polos (not even the GTI) are set up for running on fuel with a higher RON than 95.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Dark_cze wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 am Voice control :D I acidentaly pressed it while taking photo

//You can actually see faiding "example" text on dash and talking person in second bubble :)
When I saw the photo I was like "is that screen burn in?" then realised its most prob some layering of active screen info.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

AND_031 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 pm Can I use premium 100-octane fuel in my 1.0TSI 95hp without any side effects?
Yes, but why would you?
Money wasted.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Just about hitting 30mpg on the work commute today. Not driving any differently (traffic is roughly the same, just more rain).
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

Took a trip from London to Clacton-on-sea on Friday just gone and put 157miles onto my new GTI.

Traffic there was terrible and what is supposed to be a nice 1½ hour journey turned out to be 2½. Car was sat parked for two hours but the onboard computer decided to class the journey home as the same journey on the way there. So I now have 4 Hours of driving data and an average of 40mpg.

Not bad given the amount of stop-start traffic on the way there and a new engine.
IMG_20190628_202828.jpg
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Trip data resets after 2 hours rest for what it considers to be a journey. 2 hours each way and only 2 hours actually there? I wouldn't have bothered.

On free flowing motorway, maintaining 80, I get 45mpg for the 90 mile journey from Newcastle to York. Around the doors, on my 12 mile mixed roads commute, taking about 30 mins, I'm averaging 35mpg . Can be as high as 39mpg with less traffic on same journey e.g. school holidays
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:15 pm Trip data resets after 2 hours rest for what it considers to be a journey. 2 hours each way and only 2 hours actually there? I wouldn't have bothered.
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have bothered either but the point of the trip out was more about the drive than the destination.

As for the reset, I was there just under two hours which will explain why the trip computer didn't reset. Good to know the reset point is two hours for future ref.
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

l3rady wrote:
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:15 pm Trip data resets after 2 hours rest for what it considers to be a journey. 2 hours each way and only 2 hours actually there? I wouldn't have bothered.
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have bothered either but the point of the trip out was more about the drive than the destination.

As for the reset, I was there just under two hours which will explain why the trip computer didn't reset. Good to know the reset point is two hours for future ref.
You can also reset the short - term one though the infotainment or pressing and holding ok on the steering wheel with it selected (on non-digi dash anyway).

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

Gone away for the week to the Lakes. Took the M1 then across via Tintwistle to cut the corner so to speak.

Me and 2 passengers plus a boot full of luggage and managed 58.7mpg. :D Air Con was on all the way too.

1.0 TSi DSG
bsaid97
New
Drives: Polo AW 2019

Post by bsaid97 »

Is there a way to see a longer MPG? Can only see average MPG over the current journey.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

bsaid97 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm Is there a way to see a longer MPG? Can only see average MPG over the current journey.
Yes. If you're in "overview" or "driving information" to see your mpg for your journey (keeps counting on multiple journeys unless broken up by a gap of at least 2 hours), you can then press "OK" on the steering wheel to cycle between "Trip", "Long-term" and "Since fill-up".
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Did a 360 mile commute from South Wales to Milton Keynes and back over the weekend.

Averaged 47 mpg for the trip with four people in the car. Really impressed with that.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

So far the vehicle has travelled ±4500km and is averaging 7.5l/100km, very happy indeed! This from a 2.0L engine which is the same figure I got with my '08 1.4 mpi Polo 6c.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Morning commute today. Best I've had so far.
Attachments
IMG_20190712_084940__01.jpg
jackois
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95ps manual

Post by jackois »

New record for nerve! Pulled onto the forecourt this morning indicating 15 miles range...

However, managed to get it to take 41 litres when it reckons to have a 40 litre tank (approx) to the pump click.

458 miles covered since previous fill at an average of 52mpg