Anyone else ordered White Silver?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
kerby
New
Drives: SE

Anyone else ordered White Silver?

Post by kerby »

Ordered a Polo SE back in January which is now finally showing in transit but I'm now at a point of doubt on what I've ordered. Does anyone else go through this? I went for the White Silver as I saw it in the show room on the Beats model and it looked really nice. It seemed to be a deeper white with an almost grey tint to it.

The problem is I was driving home yesterday and went past an 18 plate Golf which I'm pretty sure was in the White Silver only it didn't look the exact colour as I saw in the show room. It was a really sunny day and what I've noticed it seems to take on a lot of the colours around it. This golf, considering it was a sunny blue day, almost looked like it had a hint of blue to it giving the impression (to me atleast) it was a baby blue shade. As an aside I'm pretty sure I saw an 18 plate White Silver T-ROC a few months early on an overcast day and it looked like a matt gray primer colour.

I may be overreacting as I've pretty much ordered from a catalog three months ago and due to the wait now going through a stage of regret on certain options. Has anyone else ordered White Silver, or is there anyone else who has one and can at least give some consolation that it is a nice colour? Please..

I've now got running through my head that it's going to look like a fiat 500 in Ice/Baby Blue all summer. :shock:
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Anyone else ordered White Silver?

Post by Leif »

A VW salesman told me that it is white with a hint of blue. He showed me a Polo in the car park in that colour, and yes it does look like white with a hint of blue, but not pale blue. The VW colour card is accurate. To be honest I was unimpressed with the choice of colours, and would have loved a dark blue, or sky blue, or deep red.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@kerby; There are lots of videos on YouTube of White Silver VW’s in different lighting conditions, which should reassure you it’s nothing like the baby blue colour used by Fiat on the 500. Just use the YouTube search facility and search on ‘VW White Silver Metallic’.

@Leif; yes, VW’s colour palette isn’t the most inspiring, although the Polo colour palette, with the inclusion of Energetic Orange and Honey Yellow, it’s one of VW’s more adventurous attempts.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

I have ordered White Silver, currently sitting in Endem, like @SRGTD mentioned nothing like baby blue, but it does change shades in different light, but it can be quite subtle, it is also dependant on the actual car, people love it in say the Polo but then comment the golf does not look good in the same colour, anyway its all subjective you pays your money etc. hopefully you will like it.
kerby
New
Drives: SE

Post by kerby »

@WillWorld let's hope so, no turning back now. Let me know how you find yours when it arrives.

I have had a look on multiple youtube videos and it does have a nice different shade which makes it an off-white. Hopefully in person on the Polo it looks good. I think the long wait hasn't helped, at some point from order till now (three months so far) I've second guessed most options I've picked.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm @Leif; yes, VW’s colour palette isn’t the most inspiring, although the Polo colour palette, with the inclusion of Energetic Orange and Honey Yellow, it’s one of VW’s more adventurous attempts.
Honey Yellow was introduced in the last few weeks, it looks amazing. Reef blue might be really nice but I was unable to see an example.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

kerby wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:06 pm Ordered a Polo SE back in January which is now finally showing in transit but I'm now at a point of doubt on what I've ordered. Does anyone else go through this? I went for the White Silver as I saw it in the show room on the Beats model and it looked really nice. It seemed to be a deeper white with an almost grey tint to it.

The problem is I was driving home yesterday and went past an 18 plate Golf which I'm pretty sure was in the White Silver only it didn't look the exact colour as I saw in the show room. It was a really sunny day and what I've noticed it seems to take on a lot of the colours around it. This golf, considering it was a sunny blue day, almost looked like it had a hint of blue to it giving the impression (to me atleast) it was a baby blue shade. As an aside I'm pretty sure I saw an 18 plate White Silver T-ROC a few months early on an overcast day and it looked like a matt gray primer colour.

I may be overreacting as I've pretty much ordered from a catalog three months ago and due to the wait now going through a stage of regret on certain options. Has anyone else ordered White Silver, or is there anyone else who has one and can at least give some consolation that it is a nice colour? Please..

I've now got running through my head that it's going to look like a fiat 500 in Ice/Baby Blue all summer. :shock:
I just went for the base grey. Currently on a ship to Emden. I agree though the wait from Jan to now as had me questioning one or two choices. new colour options look good (I went for base grey because when I ordered nothing attracted me) but I must say I saw a Honey yellow golf in the sun yesterday and it really looked good.
But I know what you mean I have reconfigured my order a couple of times :lol: in the past week I came up with a POLO I was happy with but different form the one I ordered and will be getting. for example I ordered a SEL 115 DSG with winter pack, acc, active info, occupant protect, keyless, park assist, lane departure. fold mirrors. so that what I'm getting. Last week I configured an SEL 115 manual. swapped the colour for Honey yellow, dropped keyless and added LEDs, put in normal cruise control, took out occupant protection, I was happy with that.
So yes I'm going through the same thing you are. once I get my originally specked POLO I will of course be very happy with it.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Leif wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:48 am
SRGTD wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm @Leif; yes, VW’s colour palette isn’t the most inspiring, although the Polo colour palette, with the inclusion of Energetic Orange and Honey Yellow, it’s one of VW’s more adventurous attempts.
Honey Yellow was introduced in the last few weeks, it looks amazing. Reef blue might be really nice but I was unable to see an example.
It’s always worth checking YouTube for examples of new colours being offered. A new colour for the Polo might be an existing colour for another VW model. Honey yellow is a colour that’s been used by VW on the up! for some time and Reef Blue is used on the Touareg, Tiguan and Beetle (and maybe the Passat?). So, if there aren’t any actual Polos built in these colours, there may be other VW models that show what they look like ‘in the metal’.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

Yes sadly local dealers had no Reef Blue cars at all. Fortunately I like Reflex Silver. I bought off the shelf with a £2,000 discount subject to buying before 1st April. Perhaps I would have failed the marshmallow test (a psychology experiment that tests character).
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Leif wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 am Yes sadly local dealers had no Reef Blue cars at all. Fortunately I like Reflex Silver. I bought off the shelf with a £2,000 discount subject to buying before 1st April. Perhaps I would have failed the marshmallow test (a psychology experiment that tests character).
I’ve only seen one new shape Polo on the road, and that was a Reflex Silver one. It had much more road presence than my (small) previous generation Polo GTI, and I thought it looked really good.

Reflex Silver is a very good colour for ‘hiding’ the dirt. Also, if you entrust your car washing to one of the many hand wash set-ups, or still use single bucket, sponge and chamois leather, it hides the inevitable swirl marks pretty well too (I don’t use either of these washing methods, as I don’t want swirly paintwork - snow foam, two bucket wash, woolly mitt, air blower and drying towels for me!).
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

I'd be looking at Reflex Silver, same as my Golf, for the reason above plus I still have a VW touch up kit, a tad dear at £15.50 (I think) but it IS a good match. Best to check out a car in the flesh and have a good walk round, the colours always look different to pics....
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by adam1uk »

Leif wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 am Yes sadly local dealers had no Reef Blue cars at all. Fortunately I like Reflex Silver. I bought off the shelf with a £2,000 discount subject to buying before 1st April. Perhaps I would have failed the marshmallow test (a psychology experiment that tests character).
I have a Reef Blue on order -- ordered in October. There was a delay on the colour, which was removed as an option for a while, which explains the long wait. My dealer says mine will be one of the first Reef Blue Polos in the country. No-one at the dealership has seen one yet.