Owners Manual

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Owners Manual

Post by WillWord »

Has anybody successfully viewed/downloaded their Owners Manual from the VW site using their VIN numbers whilst waiting for delivery?
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Owners Manual

Post by Leif »

Last time I looked (a week or two ago) it was not available online.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Same for me.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

What do you need to know? It's a pain to read, as there are so many legal disclaimers and warning. And bits are missing such as the engine fuse box wiring.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Leif wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm What do you need to know? It's a pain to read, as there are so many legal disclaimers and warning. And bits are missing such as the engine fuse box wiring.
Mainly the infotainment system, digital display, also curious about two mobiles connecting at the same time.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

WillWord wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:40 pm
Leif wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm What do you need to know? It's a pain to read, as there are so many legal disclaimers and warning. And bits are missing such as the engine fuse box wiring.
Mainly the infotainment system, digital display, also curious about two mobiles connecting at the same time.
On my SE there are two USB sockets, but only one has a data connection, the other is power only. I am 8mpressed by the infotainment system, as plug in my iPhone, and I can control it from the car. I get music and maps from my iPhone. The only downside is that it can take a wee while to connect to the iPhone. However the DAB radio tunes in quickly, and has good reception.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

On my SE there are two USB sockets, but only one has a data connection, the other is power only. I am 8mpressed by the infotainment system, as plug in my iPhone, and I can control it from the car. I get music and maps from my iPhone. The only downside is that it can take a wee while to connect to the iPhone. However the DAB radio tunes in quickly, and has good reception.
Hopefully get my car in 4 weeks, using Android Auto, so will just have wait until the Manual arrives in car.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

Hopefully get my car in 4 weeks, using Android Auto, so will just have wait until the Manual arrives in car.
Have I got this wrong? I thought your car was in Emden a while ago now? I may have that wrong? so it takes 4 weeks for Emden just to off load it and then reload it on another UK bound ship. Some say they do quality checks on it and that's what takes the time. others are saying NO quality checks just simply car turn around. I wonder if they actually have to add some options to a car or two. the reason I say that is I got my VIN number form my dealer when MY SEL got loaded on a boat. Its somewhere bobbing about in the Atlantic at the moment. On my VIn ticket it gives a list of some of my options , rear camera, driver mode selection and it says to be fitted by the dealer! so I just suppose we see the cars when we see them. :roll:
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Have I got this wrong? I thought your car was in Emden a while ago now? I may have that wrong? so it takes 4 weeks for Emden just to off load it and then reload it on another UK bound ship. Some say they do quality checks on it and that's what takes the time. others are saying NO quality checks just simply car turn around. I wonder if they actually have to add some options to a car or two. the reason I say that is I got my VIN number form my dealer when MY SEL got loaded on a boat. Its somewhere bobbing about in the Atlantic at the moment. On my VIn ticket it gives a list of some of my options , rear camera, driver mode selection and it says to be fitted by the dealer! so I just suppose we see the cars when we see them. :roll:
It actually took 21 days in total, arrived at Emden 17/4/18 but have been told both by dealer and VW online it has to have a Quality Control Check before it can leave for the UK, EU red tape possibly!