New Polo GTI on order

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
pologtikid
New
Drives: Polo GTI on order

New Polo GTI on order

Post by pologtikid »

Well just placed my order today Standard GTI in red......just one issue i have a 42 week wait.

:( :D :D :D
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: New Polo GTI on order

Post by Leif »

pologtikid wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:34 pm Well just placed my order today Standard GTI in red......just one issue i have a 42 week wait.

:( :D :D :D
Maybe we need a new thread: “What to do while waiting for a new Polo”

My suggestions are: Learn a foreign language; learn to ice skate; marry, raise a family and get to know your grandchildren etc.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

It's such a long time to wait for a new car, especially from a volume manufacturer.
If it was hand built, I could understand it, but they're not... and it's one of their bread and butter models.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

It’s an interesting question as to why the wait is so long. Maybe they reckon that off the shelf models will sell so quickly that they put custom build orders on low priority. And yet we are told that manufacturers make more money from add ons than from standard spec cars. That would suggest that either demand is high, or there are supply/production issues.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

[/quote]

Maybe we need a new thread: “What to do while waiting for a new Polo”

My suggestions are: Learn a foreign language; learn to ice skate; marry, raise a family and get to know your grandchildren etc.
[/quote]
Or build one thyself from parts in ones back garden, or order different car. It should be apparent that I'm not the most patient person (life' too short) nor do I take grief from dealers (too many bad experiences), but should I order a new Polo I sure as sugar won't be waiting 42 weeks for it. On enquiring I was initially told 16 weeks, or up to 20 weeks max. C'mon, a 42 week wait is ridiculous, maybe someone should call BBC Watchdog to look into long waits for delivery....
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

Well do to the long wait I've added the 18'x wheel option and changed the interior trim to the dark silver.

Still no tracking number or anything......
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

People ordering extras/options on their car should only cause a delay if there are shortages in the supply of these extra/options. Getting the correct kit of parts queued up is the only requirement for buying a specific customer's spec - as said not hand built.

This should be another very worrying time for VW Group or maybe only VW UK ?

It could be that some of these cars will not arrive before Brexit and then what would the price be?
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

Well just had an update now have a tracking number order currently at 'factory'
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ It will be at that stage a very long time. Things only start moving at stage 3 / build week confirmed.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

pologtikid wrote:Well just had an update now have a tracking number order currently at 'factory'
The tracker should read ' your order is currently with the factory and has fallen behind a filing cabinet'

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

johnpolo2 wrote:
pologtikid wrote:Well just had an update now have a tracking number order currently at 'factory'
The tracker should read ' your order is currently with the factory and has fallen behind a filing cabinet'

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

In terms of future mods the auto box is this the same one fitted to the current, previous golf gti ? Rated at 240 bhp

Should be good for a 270 -300 output (after the warranty runs out)
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I believe it is the same box,also similar to the one I have on my Skoda Superb 280.
From what I have seen so far though, the engine on the Polo Gti does not appear to have the tuning potential of the engine fitted to the Golf GTi. DTUK indicate a tuned figure of 230 ish, where a GTi is quoted closer to 300 horses. I think the inlet tract is certainly different on the Polo, with a MAF on the inlet pipe, that the Golf and others don't have, so who knows what other differences there are. There may end up more differences, if they have to trim emissions to suit the WLTP tests, over what they already have.
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I had a chat with a tuning module company this morning, that has links with similar companies in Europe and they thought that the engine in the new Polo GTi has smaller injectors and a smaller turbo, than say, a Golf GTi, so is probably unlikely to map to the numbers seen on Golfs and Octavias.
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

Will have to see what the likes of revo and the others say.... in time ..

As it's a 2.0 am sure more tuning potential will be available

This is the only one I can find at the moment

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/volkswagen/p ... g-box-chip