Polo gti+ lane assist

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Petertay12
New
Drives: Polo gti

Polo gti+ lane assist

Post by Petertay12 »

Hello, just ordered a Polo gti+ 2 weeks ago just wondering if it has lane assist and all the other tech thanks
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo gti+ lane assist

Post by SRGTD »

Hi Peter. You probably got your order in just in time, before VW temporarily stopped taking orders for the GTI+, due to targets for this model having been exceeded;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70994&p=533274&hil ... ks#p533274

It’s worth reviewing the spec of the GTI+ so tech-wise, you can see what tech it does and doesn’t have. Details of the Polo GTI+ spec (standard and optional features) can be found at the links below;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf ... tails/3373

http://origin.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/c ... ochure.pdf

http://origin.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/c ... celist.pdf

A little surprised if you didn’t check the spec for details of what tech’s included before placing your order. I certainly would want to know what the spec was, and what tech a particular model had before I ordered, so I would know what I would be getting as standard, and whether I wanted to add any of the available options.

Hope the long wait doesn’t feel too long. It’ll be worth the wait!
Petertay12
New

Post by Petertay12 »

I did a lot of research before I ordered it, just couldn’t find anything about the lane assist, I did ask someone who has driven one and he said it had it, still had my dout tho

My dealer said 20 week wait.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am I did a lot of research before I ordered it, just couldn’t find anything about the lane assist.
There’s nothing in the spec for the GTI+ that suggests it has Lane Assist as standard and this tech isn’t an option on the new Polo (its available as an extra cost option on most Golf models).
Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am II did ask someone who has driven one and he said it had it, still had my dout tho
As far as I’m aware, no Polo GTI+ models have been delivered to the UK yet, unless the first ones are now being delivered. Are you sure the person you asked didn’t drive a Golf GTI with optional Lane Assist fitted?. Forum member joeknight94 works for a VW dealer and ordered a Polo GTI+ which I think will be the dealer demonstrator for the dealership he works for. It was ordered on 05/01/2018 (GTI/GTI+ wasn’t available to order until early January) and isn’t due in the UK until some time next month and I imagine will probably be one of the first in the UK.
Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am My dealer said 20 week wait.
Based on other forum members feedback, I think that your dealer is either being very optimistic or a little economical with the truth on delivery timescales, unless they already had GTI+ on order (their demonstrator or a cancelled customer order) that they were able to change the spec of to your requirements before the build week was confirmed and the spec was ‘locked down’. Many forum members have been quoted current delivery timescales of around 42 weeks or longer for recently placed orders.

It might be worth getting your dealer to confirm 20 weeks is realistic.
Petertay12
New

Post by Petertay12 »

SRGTD wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 am
Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am I did a lot of research before I ordered it, just couldn’t find anything about the lane assist.
There’s nothing in the spec for the GTI+ that suggests it has Lane Assist as standard and this tech isn’t an option on the new Polo (its available as an extra cost option on most Golf models).
Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am II did ask someone who has driven one and he said it had it, still had my dout tho
As far as I’m aware, no Polo GTI+ models have been delivered to the UK yet, unless the first ones are now being delivered. Are you sure the person you asked didn’t drive a Golf GTI with optional Lane Assist fitted?. Forum member joeknight94 works for a VW dealer and ordered a Polo GTI+ which I think will be the dealer demonstrator for the dealership he works for. It was ordered on 05/01/2018 (GTI/GTI+ wasn’t available to order until early January) and isn’t due in the UK until some time next month and I imagine will probably be one of the first in the UK.
Based on other forum members feedback, I think that your dealer is either being very optimistic or a little economical with the truth on delivery timescales, unless they already had GTI+ on order (their demonstrator or a cancelled customer order) that they were able to change the spec of to your requirements before the build week was confirmed and the spec was ‘locked down’. Many forum members have been quoted current delivery timescales of around 42 weeks or longer for recently placed orders.

I couldn’t find anything about the lane assist either but when I asked this person he said it did so I was confused also it was actually 26weeks but I don’t belive that either

He is a youtuber who review cars “The polo gti we drove had lane assist. Most press cars like the one we was in are usually very high spec as they want to show off the full extent of the capability” his youtube is Craig Davis.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Petertay12 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:46 pm
SRGTD wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 am

I couldn’t find anything about the lane assist either but when I asked this person he said it did so I was confused also it was actually 26weeks but I don’t belive that either

He is a youtuber who review cars “The polo gti we drove had lane assist. Most press cars like the one we was in are usually very high spec as they want to show off the full extent of the capability” his youtube is Craig Davis.
He could be talking about blind spot warning?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, it could’ve been the optional blind spot warning. Also bear in mind that the LHD cars used by motoring journalists and YouTube reviewers won’t be UK spec cars, so some of the options fitted to them might not be available on UK cars - e.g. many of the initial LHD Polo GTI/GTI+ displayed at motor shows had the Beats sound system, which isn’t an option on UK GTI’s/GTI+’s. Blind spot detection with rear traffic alert is available on UK Polo though.