My Polo is finally in the UK

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: My Polo is finally in the UK

Post by mike sel »

adam1uk wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 pm Now due to get mine on Friday morning. That'll be seven months and two days since I ordered it.
Did you pick the car up? if so what were your impressions of the VW hand over/ collection experience? and of course your new Polo.

Any chance of a picture or two?
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm
adam1uk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
What extras did you order? Apparently my SEL left Emdem 2 days ago so I assume its now in the UK, only ordered in January so about 4 months wait, could not have waited for 7 months, hope you enjoy it when you get it.
Have you got your car yet?
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

mike sel wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm
WillWord wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm
adam1uk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
What extras did you order? Apparently my SEL left Emdem 2 days ago so I assume its now in the UK, only ordered in January so about 4 months wait, could not have waited for 7 months, hope you enjoy it when you get it.
Have you got your car yet?
Last edited by WillWord on Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by adam1uk »

mike sel wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:29 pm
adam1uk wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 pm Now due to get mine on Friday morning. That'll be seven months and two days since I ordered it.
Did you pick the car up? if so what were your impressions of the VW hand over/ collection experience? and of course your new Polo.

Any chance of a picture or two?
Picked it up this morning. This is my 8th Polo, and at least 6 of them have been bought from the same salesman at my local dealership — so my handover probably isn’t typical.

There’s a new thread with some photos.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

You must really like your Polos then. Geddit though, I'm on my 3rd Golf, I like VWs and my next car will almost certainly be of the same brand: either a new Polo or A Mk8 Golf (in 2019ish)....