My Polo is finally in the UK

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

My Polo is finally in the UK

Post by adam1uk »

Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Re: My Polo is finally in the UK

Post by TurboTrev »

That's great news! I know a few of us are waiting for "in the flesh" opinions of Reef Blue, me included. We have a GTI+ on order in that colour and no dealerships seem to have a car in that colour to view. I've had to rely on internet photos/videos and in every one the colour looks different!
adam1uk
New

Post by adam1uk »

TurboTrev wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:03 pm That's great news! I know a few of us are waiting for "in the flesh" opinions of Reef Blue, me included. We have a GTI+ on order in that colour and no dealerships seem to have a car in that colour to view. I've had to rely on internet photos/videos and in every one the colour looks different!
My dealership hasn’t seen one either. They reckon mine will be one of the first in the country.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

adam1uk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
What extras did you order? Apparently my SEL left Emdem 2 days ago so I assume its now in the UK, only ordered in January so about 4 months wait, could not have waited for 7 months, hope you enjoy it when you get it.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Good stuff, new Polos finally starting to arrive....
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

adam1uk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
That is great news, min is still bobbing about in the Atlantic Ocean, off morocco at the moment. What spec did you order?
adam1uk
New

Post by adam1uk »

mike sel wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:41 am That is great news, min is still bobbing about in the Atlantic Ocean, off morocco at the moment. What spec did you order?
It’s an SE 1.0 TSI 95. All the option packs seem to have changed since I ordered it, but it should have front fog lights, auto folding mirrors, auto lights, and auto wipers.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago
R Line in limestone grey :D
Can’t wait.
Haven’t got a build week yet but dealer is saying around hopefully September
adam1uk
New

Post by adam1uk »

So having arrived at Sheerness last Saturday, my Polo is now at ... Sheerness. My dealer phoned VW to find out why it had come to a halt and got them to speak to the transport company, and he’s assured they’ll deliver it to the dealership on Monday. Because of work, I should get it next Friday.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

adam1uk wrote:Ordered my new Polo on 16 October last year. There was a big delay because I wanted Reef Blue, and for a while that colour disappeared from the options list and customers were advised to choose something else. However, I opted to wait and see what happened. Build week was 26 March. A little over a week later it was on the boat from SA. It arrived in Germany last Monday; on Thursday the app updated again, so it must have been on the boat to the U.K., and yesterday there was another update to say it was in the U.K. Maybe I’ll get it next weekend. It will have been 7 months.
Great news.... let's hope that VW have started to sort there act out. Would be nice to see more people having cars arrive in the UK

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adam1uk
New

Post by adam1uk »

So having arrived in the UK on 6 May, it still hasn’t made it to the dealer. It’s in Sheerness, and only has to get to West Sussex. The dealer was promised it on Monday, but it didn’t materialise. I do wonder what VW are doing — are they just trying to annoy their customers?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

adam1uk wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am So having arrived in the UK on 6 May, it still hasn’t made it to the dealer. It’s in Sheerness, and only has to get to West Sussex. The dealer was promised it on Monday, but it didn’t materialise. I do wonder what VW are doing — are they just trying to annoy their customers?
The fact it didn’t get delivered to the dealers is probably more down to the carriers used to transport cars from the port of arrival in the UK to the dealer, rather than VW.

Hopefully, not much longer to wait though.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 am
adam1uk wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am So having arrived in the UK on 6 May, it still hasn’t made it to the dealer. It’s in Sheerness, and only has to get to West Sussex. The dealer was promised it on Monday, but it didn’t materialise. I do wonder what VW are doing — are they just trying to annoy their customers?
The fact it didn’t get delivered to the dealers is probably more down to the carriers used to transport cars from the port of arrival in the UK to the dealer, rather than VW.

Hopefully, not much longer to wait though.
I got told on VW chat today that my SEL 115DSG is in Sheerness it arrived today. I am told it could be up to 2 weeks before the dealer sees it. So still not holding my breath. To recap. that's ordered 29th Jan. built w/c 9th April, complete and on ship 25th April, in Uk 16 May.

The gestation period for my car is looking like 5 months by the time I eventually get it.
adam1uk
New

Post by adam1uk »

Now due to get mine on Friday morning. That'll be seven months and two days since I ordered it.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

No sleep for you til then, then :mrgreen: ....