GTI+ order date vs build week confirmation

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: GTI+ order date vs build week confirmation

Post by SRGTD »

Maybe irrelevant to those who are currently waiting and will have taken delivery, but the cycle repeats itself.

There’ll be new and existing forum members who are planning on ordering at some point in the short / medium term who’ll go through the same process, although hopefully for them, a shorter waiting time - assuming VW clear the backlog of orders and can then keep up with demand.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I think I should order my next one now :?:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW not the only manufacturer in a mess

https://uk.motor1.com/news/253298/vw-go ... axed-wltp/

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:05 pm Maybe irrelevant to those who are currently waiting and will have taken delivery, but the cycle repeats itself.

There’ll be new and existing forum members who are planning on ordering at some point in the short / medium term who’ll go through the same process, although hopefully for them, a shorter waiting time - assuming VW clear the backlog of orders and can then keep up with demand.
The main focus of the forums shifts as time moves on, from "here's my new car" (when only a handful of them are around) and "why does it take so long for VW to build a new model?" to "has anyone else had this go wrong on theirs?" and "here's some pics of my car, just detailed it, for the second time this week". Then it shifts to "what's new with the facelift?" (becoming more "what have VW removed that they think we won't notice" rather than "what cool new stuff have VW added to he spec?"). Finally it moves to seeing what jokey photoshop Autocar puts together as genuine for the next incarnation before real pics are revealed, then specs and then the ridiculous wait times start again.

:lol:
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:14 pm
SRGTD wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:05 pm Maybe irrelevant to those who are currently waiting and will have taken delivery, but the cycle repeats itself.

The main focus of the forums shifts as time moves on, from "here's my new car" (when only a handful of them are around) and "why does it take so long for VW to build a new model?" to "has anyone else had this go wrong on theirs?" and "here's some pics of my car, just detailed it, for the second time this week". Then it shifts to "what's new with the facelift?" (becoming more "what have VW removed that they think we won't notice" rather than "what cool new stuff have VW added to he spec?"). Finally it moves to seeing what jokey photoshop Autocar puts together as genuine for the next incarnation before real pics are revealed, then specs and then the ridiculous wait times start again.

:lol:
Yes, the focus does definitely change over time. The Auto Express renderings of the next generation model are always good for a laugh - usually just new lights, grille and bumper photoshopped onto the current car. I’ve not seen an Auto Express rendering yet that looks anything like the actual car when VW publish the first official pictures.