GTI+ order date vs build week confirmation

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Re: GTI+ order date vs build week confirmation

Post by brainbow »

To give some idea on timing. Mine took 18 days by boat from SA to get to Emden. With a stop in Spain and Belgium on the way.

Unfortunately I hit German and U.K. Bank holidays so it took over two weeks to get a boat from Emden to the UK. I think that is unusual but typical after all the delays so far!

Anyway as I’m Midlands based Grimsby is my port of entry, it arrived there last night. I was on the phone to my dealer today to get them onto it ASAP. Hopefully can’t be much longer.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

brainbow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm To give some idea on timing. Mine took 18 days by boat from SA to get to Emden. With a stop in Spain and Belgium on the way.

Unfortunately I hit German and U.K. Bank holidays so it took over two weeks to get a boat from Emden to the UK. I think that is unusual but typical after all the delays so far!

Anyway as I’m Midlands based Grimsby is my port of entry, it arrived there last night. I was on the phone to my dealer today to get them onto it ASAP. Hopefully can’t be much longer.
Mine arrived in Sheerness then took 10 days to get to the dealer, It arrived at the dealer while I was there to sign the documents, then one week later I picked the car up, yesterday PM. have the car on the drive now. its an SEL in a very dark (almost black) grey. very shiny. the digital dash is fun. I filled with fuel drove it home, the DSG is ok, I am used to manual so I am getting used to DSG again. its going to have to grow on me..put it that way. on the way home (all in town driving) I tried all the driver modes, yea..im struggling to tell the difference between them at the moment. we will see better when I drive it more. I played with the satnav and moving it across to the digi dash, that all works well and I do like having that. when I got home I linked phone then apple car ply that all looks goof sent a txt through voice control ..happy with that. Std radio and speakers are good as is the music on the iPhone when connected through the usb. ambient lighting all works well but it needs to be night time to benefit (I know that sounds odd to say because its obvious) but normally in day lime you can see some lighting or evidence of it, in this car you cant.

Quite to drive with no intruding wind noise ..or any other noise to be honest...big car feel there. Its only 116hp according to the manual. but it keeps up with traffic on town roads, when its run in i m sure it will loosen up.

I was a little disappointed with the tyres on it "falcons" ..never heard of them.

have not tried the park assist yet, rear camera is clear and easy to use, folding mirrors make quite a woorring sound when the fold (standing outside the car) keyless works well. inside feels nice, yes there are a lot of harder plastics on doors and the centre pillar, but they seem solid enough, easy to get comfortable driving position. Im 6 foot tall , my son is 6-1 and he said head room in the back is nice, sitting position is nice, for short to med journeys he would feel ok. but long drives in that seat behind me would be cramped. He then set up the passenger seat for my wife, 5-3 and behind here he was happy to do a couple of hours. it wont happen often, only if we are all going the airport together.

Boot, this car has a full size spare..hats off to VW for that..love it. My sons full set of golf clubs fitted in there ok, tight but it was ok.

All in all my first impressions are its a nice car. I am away for a couple of weeks now and I cant figure out how to post a phot of the car on here, but I will when I get back. O the whole manual thing is a bit odd, I am used to some more pictures of the part of the car they are referring to.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

roywolfey wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:12 pm Polo GTI Plus ordered 7th February
Limestone Grey + Blind SPot Detection + Rear Camera + Pre-Crash Protection. (Standard 17" Parker wheels)
Order number confirmed within 24hrs
Updated with the build week on 29th March
Build Week Confirmed as W/C 21/05
Departed Port Elizabeth 01/06/18
Arrived Vigo 18/06/18
Wizber
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018

Post by Wizber »

Ordered my polo GTi+ end of April with an estimated build week of 20th August. I have now heard that delays are due to WLTP testing and that "until the testing is complete we won't know a build week, as it could be subject to manufactures year change". This is pretty troubling as I've also read that VW may be halting production on cars in August.

Starting to get really frustrated with lack of communication from VW.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:21 am
Limestone Grey + Blind SPot Detection + Rear Camera + Pre-Crash Protection. (Standard 17" Parker wheels)
Arrived Vigo 18/06/18
Mine was ordered10th Feb. Built by 8 th June so hopefully on the Green Ridge which left PE on the 15 th June and gets to Vigo on the 2 nd July.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Wizber wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 am Ordered my polo GTi+ end of April with an estimated build week of 20th August. I have now heard that delays are due to WLTP testing and that "until the testing is complete we won't know a build week, as it could be subject to manufactures year change". This is pretty troubling as I've also read that VW may be halting production on cars in August.

I think the South African factory is now closed for two months so just do the maths. 8 weeks factory shut, 4 -6 weeks delivery time and that is assuming they can get your car on a boat immediately. Looks like October to me, very bad show from VW.
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

Wizber wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 am Ordered my polo GTi+ end of April with an estimated build week of 20th August. I have now heard that delays are due to WLTP testing and that "until the testing is complete we won't know a build week, as it could be subject to manufactures year change". This is pretty troubling as I've also read that VW may be halting production on cars in August.

That's interesting. I ordered my GTi+ at the end of March and was informed that delivery was around 42 weeks away. Dealers seem to have been coming out with all kinds of conflicting information.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 am
roywolfey wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:21 am
Arrived Vigo 18/06/18
Mine was ordered10th Feb. Built by 8 th June so hopefully on the Green Ridge which left PE on the 15 th June and gets to Vigo on the 2 nd July.
Mine will now be in Zeebrugge on 21st. Tempted to go there and Hijack the car. :lol:
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Going back to page one of this post reading the post from "SRGTD", was explaining about if a dealer has gone past their quote's for that month, they cannot really give you a specific date or an order number. I ordered my Polo on the 23/05/2018 and up to date they cannot give me an order number. They said when VW gives them an order number, they will pass it straight on to me, so to be honest they were guessing on my estimated date of 29/11/2018 which is about 27 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath :oops:
rfu6g3
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018 (Hopefully this year)

Post by rfu6g3 »

Just had a expected delivery date for my Polo GTI+

Ordered 05/06/2018
Delivered to 30/11/2018

Gives me a date to put in the calendar lets see how many times this dates gets pushed back
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

What options do you ask for?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Hi "rfu6g3, I ordered my SEL plus extra's on the 23/05/18and been given an estimated date of 29/11/2018. if our luck holds out, they'll be on the same ship. The days difference could be that if they dock in Grimsby, the VW dealer is yards from the dock, it only has to be driven just over the road.
But I'm not holding my breath.
Mandywoo61
New
Drives: New GTI+

Post by Mandywoo61 »

Hi all,
First post here. Not wishing to gloat but I took delivery of my GTI+ last Thursday- ordered 5th Jan! And I love it 😍 !
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Barrywi - Any news on you having a confirmed ship yet? I suspect our cars are shipmate as we both got confirmation at the end of BW23 that our cars were built.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

This is getting very annoying to say the least. Despite three different attempts to find out whether my car is on a ship, VW help department ( ironic name) are telling me that they can only say where my car is when it leaves Emden!!
Any reasonable person in these days of complex computer systems would expect that VW would know where every ordered and built car would be at all times. Otherwise someone at Port Elizabeth could stick a few hundred Polos on transporters and syphon them away to Libya ( other countries are available for stolen cars!) without VW knowing.
Either their computer system is broken or they are hopeless or maybe both.
If Google can guess which brand of toothpaste I am going to buy next ,surely one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world should be able to say where their cars are. "Swearword " hopeless!
I wish I really did not want the car so that I could cancel, but cannot find any options.