How long could I wait

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: How long could I wait

Post by Leif »

Jason989 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm So... for anyone who is interested, I've just had a live chat with VW UK who have said that the factory is already closed and will be until August 6th. The next lot of new Polos are not expected in the UK until late October at the least!
That is incredible. It suggests major changes to the factory, or perhaps a change to the car requiring retooling. No manufacturer in their right mind would shut down production of a new model for almost three months.

Can anyone else confirm the shutdown dates?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

They, VW would need to be very brave or arrogant to end up in that situation, how are SEAT handling new Ibiza orders, maybe time for new Polo customers to give VW a bloody nose?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

brainbow wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm Sorry. Emden. Not Emdon. I keep doing that!!
Terrible mistake, but I'm sure that you will improve as time goes on - keep checking Emden departures, every few hours, you can't miss tracking "your" boat! (good luck!)
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Jason989 »

Leif wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Jason989 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm So... for anyone who is interested, I've just had a live chat with VW UK who have said that the factory is already closed and will be until August 6th. The next lot of new Polos are not expected in the UK until late October at the least!
That is incredible. It suggests major changes to the factory, or perhaps a change to the car requiring retooling. No manufacturer in their right mind would shut down production of a new model for almost three months.

Yeah, couldn’t quite believe it myself! I ordered my car in February and was told a 12 week lead time at the time... when I spoke to Volkswagen today, they said that it should have been known by the dealer that the lead time was actually 39 weeks at the time... so, that would make it December by the time it’s ready. Bit of a joke!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Leif wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:37 pm

I can confirm the long shutdown, put a post up about a week or so ago about it. It's absolutely ridiculous and i hope i get some compensation for waiting so long. Really tempted to cancel but nothing comes close to the Polo at the moment.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

RUM4MO wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm They, VW would need to be very brave or arrogant to end up in that situation, how are SEAT handling new Ibiza orders, maybe time for new Polo customers to give VW a bloody nose?

Looked into getting a Seat Ibiza FR 1.5 EVO, but Seat are having issues with order fulfillment also. Big wait on certain engines. The 1.5 has been pulled until year end according to the bemused dealer.

Perhaps their "just in time" model of inventory nanagement has bitten them on the arse?

Or perhaps certain engines need tweaking ahead of the new emissions testing regime?