VW polo factory closed June-July

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

VW polo factory closed June-July

Post by TElwoody »

Hi all, unfortunately bad news.

No i am not a troll, just an average Jo (Tom Actually) who wanted to share an update. Apparently according to my dealer they have received notice that the VW factory will be closed so no building between June and July.

They are as clueless as we are about actual lead times and were very apologetic quote 'VW seem to have their Knickers in a twist'

Please vent below and if you have any other updates please share with all.

Good day all,
Tom
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: VW polo factory closed June-July

Post by alandbess »

TElwoody wrote:Hi all, unfortunately bad news.

No i am not a troll, just an average Jo (Tom Actually) who wanted to share an update. Apparently according to my dealer they have received notice that the VW factory will be closed so no building between June and July.

They are as clueless as we are about actual lead times and were very apologetic quote 'VW seem to have their Knickers in a twist'

Please vent below and if you have any other updates please share with all.

Good day all,
Tom
Where have you had this information from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

I said above.....my vw dealer
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Most, if not all, of the VW factories have a 2-3 week shutdown for production workers’ annual holiday. When this happens probably varies from one factory to another, depending on when the seasons fall in a particular geographical location.

It could’ve been the production workers’ annual break that TEIwoody’s dealer was referring to, although I think May to August is winter in South Africa, so it would be a strange time to take an annual break!
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

TElwoody wrote:I said above.....my vw dealer
My apologies. I skim read your post.

alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

SRGTD wrote:Most, if not all, of the VW factories have a 2-3 week shutdown for production workers’ annual holiday. When this happens probably varies from one factory to another, depending on when the seasons fall in a particular geographical location.

It could’ve been the production workers’ annual break that TEIwoody’s dealer was referring to, although I think May to August is winter in South Africa, so it would be a strange time to take an annual break!
Car plant holidays were usually a 2 week shutdown. In recent years to aid flexibility the manufacturers have started with 50% fixed holidays and 50% floating.

Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

:x
At times like this when I hear this I am wondering if I should cancel my order and just order another fiesta
At least I know they don’t close production factories
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

To be honest, if it wasn't for carwows amazing offer on my spec which has a load of options, i would cancel, not getting an Ibiza again cause that was terrible build quality compared to the polo (had a new shape ibiza but it was wrote off in an accident) and fiestas aren't as luxurious and are too common.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Kittycat wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:00 pm :x
At times like this when I hear this I am wondering if I should cancel my order and just order another fiesta
At least I know they don’t close production factories
Also take a look at the Mazda 2. I’m glad I bought a Polo, but the Mazda 2 looks good. Wouldn’t touch Ford, based on past experience. They do get good reviews though, and they’ve hugely improved the Fester.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

TElwoody wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:06 pm To be honest, if it wasn't for carwows amazing offer on my spec which has a load of options, i would cancel, not getting an Ibiza again cause that was terrible build quality compared to the polo (had a new shape ibiza but it was wrote off in an accident) and fiestas aren't as luxurious and are too common.
I haven’t driven the new Fester, but I find myself driving slower in my Polo as I enjoy the comfort and music too much. :shock:
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Couldn't agree with you more, so refined and relaxing its nice to cruise and chill, especially after an accident i don't want a particularly sporty car
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

According to an email i received, the delay may be due to the New emissions testing and regulations. That would explain the long delays.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

"VW polo factory closed June-July".

Y'know sometimes words just fail me. 'Hot car in short supply, hacked off customers ready to walk. Shut down the factory for two months, of course.' Brilliant. Shouldn't advertise what you can't sell.
Sigh :roll: ....
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

To be honest IF my car was not built and on the way I would deffo be looking at the Audi Q2. My friend walked into the Audi dealer, the same week I ordered my Polo and basically got the car he wanted (sport spec with heated seats and Stronic) he wanted white with silver grey rear pillar inserts. they had it in stock and he had the car in 7 days. Seriously, we both laughed when I was told 16 weeks for the Polo but we thought surly that's an over estimate and it will be a real world 12 weeks. We did not expect for it to be 5 months (and I am one of the lucky ones). VW have been the butt of all our drinking jokes for past few months now.

No if I feel the car is sub standard on its arrival in any way, I will get a discount or cancel, with the return of my deposit. I will drive the 300yds to the Audi dealer and put my money into the Q2.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I would think that all the VW Group factories have a production shut down at the same time roughly as it is during this time that the factories are rejigged to start manufacture of the "next year" models.

It is well known that all VW Group cars will be changing to 2019MY in July 2018?