Noob question or possible faulty infotainment screen?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
DaveNI1979
New
Drives: 2018 Beats TSI 95ps

Noob question or possible faulty infotainment screen?

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Ive noticed 3-4 times now the screen on my new polo doesnt turn on when I put the key in and comes on, on its own mile or 2 down the road. Music still plays and can see the song thats playing on the mini screen behind steering wheel but was wondering is that just what they do or some button i should be pressing on the screen to turn it on? Ive tried them all.

Should I ring dealer to check this with them?
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Noob question or possible faulty infotainment screen?

Post by Leif »

Do you mean it is completely off? Apple CarPlay can take a minute or two to warm up, or sometimes just seconds. It the LCD is clearly on. The radio will start very quickly even DAB.
DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Leif wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm Do you mean it is completely off? Apple CarPlay can take a minute or two to warm up, or sometimes just seconds. It the LCD is clearly on. The radio will start very quickly even DAB.
Yeah the main screen is completely off sometimes and doesnt turn on. Cant access radio or anything. Just have to listen to whatever was on when i switched engine off last, which is usually the music i have saved to sd card. But sometimes you want radio on too. Strange. Once screen does come on eventually it works fine.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

An intermittent blank screen on the previous generations of VW’s infotainment unit (MIB1 and MIB2 versions) isn’t uncommon. If you google ‘blank VW infotainment screen’, you’ll get quite a few results returned.

@DaveNI1979; have you tried a hard reset of the unit which might stop it happening? - perform the hard reset by pushing the on/off button and keep it depressed for 10-15 seconds and the unit will effectively reboot. If that doesn’t cure it, I’d suggest you contact your dealer to see if there’s any software updates from VW to stop it happening.
DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 pm An intermittent blank screen on the previous generations of VW’s infotainment unit (MIB1 and MIB2 versions) isn’t uncommon. If you google ‘blank VW infotainment screen’, you’ll get quite a few results returned.

@DaveNI1979; have you tried a hard reset of the unit which might stop it happening? - perform the hard reset by pushing the on/off button and keep it depressed for 10-15 seconds and the unit will effectively reboot. If that doesn’t cure it, I’d suggest you contact your dealer to see if there’s any software updates from VW to stop it happening.
No i havnt tried that, ill give that a go, thanks mate!
DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Have it booked in on tues 22nd for a software update, its getting worse, and doing the hard reset doesnt work. Makes using google maps sat nav useless through my phone so ive it booked in.