GTI+ still available if you look around. Jump the queue like a German tourist

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

GTI+ still available if you look around. Jump the queue like a German tourist

Post by monkeyhanger »

I placed an order for a GTI+ today, that's getting built this week. Tried the usual brokers (DTD, Orangewheels etc.), and it was looking like a fresh order with a 42 week wait was inevitable, until I tried "UK Car Broker". They put me in touch with Listers in Nuneaton. I was looking to order a Flash Red GTI+ with Brescias and nothing else. They had one in the pipeline that was 25 weeks away (estimated) from being built that they could modify the order for my needs. Went ahead and 1/2 an hour later the saleswoman has got back to me, offering me a few others that are coming through a lot quicker, if I was able to take some options.

There was a Flash Red GTI+ on standard 17" wheels that had app-connect and maybe another option I can't remember, will be ready July/Aug
Also a Limestone Grey GTI+ with some options and Brescias.

The other one was the one I decided to take - Flash Red GTI+ with Brescias, Nav, App net and parking camera. Not at all fussed on the camera as it seems a huge gimmick, and I know a few people who've smacked their golfs into things because they're relying on the camera to judge distance rather than the beeps and graphical bars (which also display). All in it's £21260, which is about 12% off (can't tell exactly as I don't have access to GTI+ prices since it was pulled from the configurator). They're also delivering on a trailer in that price (with a not inconsiderable distance between them and me in Tyneside). It's available in July, but i'm waitinig until 1st Sept to get delivered. There was a "customised installation" line on the options list , but I've worked out that the Brescias are a dealership fit (presume the car comes in on basic steel wheels that keep getting recycled for shipping). Hoping that the dealership fits tyres based on parts stock, so there may be some influence on a tyre choice or ability to pay the difference on some better rubber.

My Golf R came in on Bridgestone RE050 which are abysmal on a performance car, so I soon swapped them out for Michelin PSS and they transformed the car. I only moved from a GTD to R to get away from the horrible tramping I used to get on the GTD which came on Bridgestone S001 rubber.

Just thought i'd let you all know that there are a few GTI+ out there on not unreasonable waits. I was dealing with "Kim Draper" in Fleet at Listers,
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: GTI+ still available if you look around. Jump the queue like a German tourist

Post by stevereeves »

I've commented on the ludicrous potential 42 week wait so pleased to hear a positive outcome, you did some homework and it paid off for you. Good stuff.

Hang on though: "Just thought I'd let you all know that there are a few GTI+ out there on not unreasonable wait". Wonder why that is; fed up potential buyers cancelling orders maybe, either way a few cars to be had....
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: GTI+ still available if you look around. Jump the queue like a German tourist

Post by monkeyhanger »

Maybe they have access to cancelled orders, maybe they've placed orders knowing that people will buy them when they arrive? My sale is on the fleet side, so msybe the dealerships can double up on allocation going fleet and retail? I'm thinking that's likely as every time i've gone through a broker for a VW, the aale has ended up going through fleet where presumably those lower margins per car (after discount) still look good to the dealership.

I have a grand's worth of options for £900 that I didn't want, and a DSG box where i'd have preferred a manual, but after doing some man-maths, I justified the extra spend. I have a 65 plate 1.6TDI Sport A1 to sell privately and it's depreciating by at least £200 a month, and to sell in Aug we could ger by with 1 car (wife on leave until Sept), with Aug being a better time for the car market than Oct/Nov, to anticipate a Nov delivery. There's most of my £900 back, right? 😆
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that you will find that most if not all the cars brokers put you in contact with will come from fleet sales divisions of main dealership chains.

I would not bother trying to contact anyone in fleet sales directly for a car that would just cause you to be told to take a hike.

Brokers, with a collection of orders will be treated by these big multi franchise dealership chains as fleet customers that is all, which is good if you are buying from them - I'm not knocking it!