VW app taking the p**s!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: VW app taking the p**s!

Post by silverhairs »

Just looked at the app web site, it's still out of action, with a company like VW and all the staff they have, you would have thought one of their main priorities was to get their site up and running so customers are able to track their cars?
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

Got an email from my dealer regarding the PDI so yeah my car is definitely in already. Strangely enough, if you load the tracker page and press stop before it fully loads, you can enter your tracking number into the box and search for it.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

How’s this for the VW app taking the p***.
The car that is sat on my driveway had just moved from stage 7 delivered to stage 6 “arrived in the UK” :lol:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

roywolfey wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm How’s this for the VW app taking the p***.
The car that is sat on my driveway had just moved from stage 7 delivered to stage 6 “arrived in the UK” :lol:
So the tracking app goes in reverse now? 🤣🤣 If anybody be needs a reason not to rely on the tracker information and updates, then this is a great example.

A bit tongue in cheek, but I’d be half tempted to contact VW Customer Services and ask them if they can give you an update on the latest status of your car’s build to see if they also tell you it’s at stage 6.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm
roywolfey wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm How’s this for the VW app taking the p***.
So the tracking app goes in reverse now? 🤣🤣 If anybody be needs a reason not to rely on the tracker information and updates, then this is a great example.

A bit tongue in cheek, but I’d be half tempted to contact VW Customer Services and ask them if they can give you an update on the latest status of your car’s build to see if they also tell you it’s at stage 6.
I did contact VW CS, because at stage 6 I wasn't unable to unlock the features of a delivered car such at checking the Service History for example. They seemed to be aware of my VW App glitches, and the answer on this occasion was to Delete the vehicle on order based on the order number, and then Add the vehicle I own using the registration number. Looking better now. :lol: