VW app taking the p**s!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MrLems
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: VW app taking the p**s!

Post by MrLems »

Well my tracker went from arrived in the UK, to in transit, and then now it's back in the UK. Bit of yo-yo going on!

But like others has said, use the VW online chat or your dealer for an accurate update. Mines been in the UK since 26th May and still waiting
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

I’m intrigued as to what the triggers are that move the tracker to the next stage. Is it an automated process tied in with VWs factory ordering and build processes, or is it reliant on your dealer clicking a button when as they are monitoring the status of the build of your car? 🤔
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I see there are members who are not happy with the VW app. I'm not expecting my Polo till the end of November, but I thought I'd get ready and down load the app for myself. I wen onto the site but when it asked for my "order number" I couldn't find it anywhere, anyway the "chat box" came up and I explained that I couldn't find my order number? They said I could get it from my dealer, so I phoned my dealer and was told the order number won't come out until the car gets onto the production line, then they can issue me with one. So I'll have to wait till September for my order number.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 pm I see there are members who are not happy with the VW app. I'm not expecting my Polo till the end of November, but I thought I'd get ready and down load the app for myself. I wen onto the site but when it asked for my "order number" I couldn't find it anywhere, anyway the "chat box" came up and I explained that I couldn't find my order number? They said I could get it from my dealer, so I phoned my dealer and was told the order number won't come out until the car gets onto the production line, then they can issue me with one. So I'll have to wait till September for my order number.
Really? When I ordered my car at the end of 2015, I got my 8 digit tracking number from the dealer later that very same day - deal agreed in the morning and tracking number sent by the dealer to me by e-mail in the afternoon. Pretty certain that when the dealer processed my order and input the details into the ordering system, the tracker number was generated by the system there and then.

So........either things have changed, or the dealer isn’t being entirely truthful. Having said that, based on forum members experience with the tracker, not being able use it to track progress on your car’s build is no great loss as it’s unreliable, it seems to get the build week wrong (usually a week out), it’s pretty slow to update, and often misses out complete stages.

Probably better to get progress updates on your car’s build from VWCS or live chat.
Swanee
New
Drives: 2018 GTi+

Post by Swanee »

Well here's a thing, I've been talking to VW executive office over the late delivery of my Polo GTi. I have a touring holiday and my dealer just issues smug platitudes telling me not to worry. So I idly checked the tracker and it indicated my car's in the UK and VW UK didn't know! Its still going to be 2 or 3 weeks. So fair play they've given me a Golf GTi so I can go on hols!!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Swanee wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:57 pm Well here's a thing, I've been talking to VW executive office over the late delivery of my Polo GTi. I have a touring holiday and my dealer just issues smug platitudes telling me not to worry. So I idly checked the tracker and it indicated my car's in the UK and VW UK didn't know! Its still going to be 2 or 3 weeks. So fair play they've given me a Golf GTi so I can go on hols!!
2 or 3 weeks after landing at a UK port? Now that really is taking the p***. Should be 2 days to clear customs and 2 to 7 days (depending on dealership proximity to the receiving port) to get to the dealership. A few days for PDI if the dealership is busy, a day if not. My Golf R was in my hands 4 days after landing at Tyne Dock (they did rush things after I waited 8 months for it!).
Swanee
New

Post by Swanee »

I agree... VW logistics seem totally useless. But like I said, I'm now putting 2000 odd miles on a brand new Golf GTi so they at least believe in customer care. My new car should be waiting for me when I come back from my holiday 🙂
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Swanee wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 am I agree... VW logistics seem totally useless. But like I said, I'm now putting 2000 odd miles on a brand new Golf GTi so they at least believe in customer care. My new car should be waiting for me when I come back from my holiday 🙂
Will be interested to hear your views on both the Golf GTI and Polo GTI+, and how the Polo compares to the Golf once you’ve got your car.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Can anyone please tell me where I can get this tracker app, and can I download it onto my computer as I don't have a smart phone?
Swanee
New

Post by Swanee »

Hello silverhairs: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Although it's experiencing problems at the moment
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

silverhairs wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm Can anyone please tell me where I can get this tracker app, and can I download it onto my computer as I don't have a smart phone?
No smart phone, did VW not make sure that you had a smart phone before selling you a car?

We have just had my wife's August 2015 Polo in for some warranty work, "Blah Blah Volkswagen goes digital" ticket left on the rear view mirror, almost forced to get "the VW app" as everything will be done through that now.

Don't get me wrong, this could be good for us and easier to handle for the dealerships, but only if the app does offer what customers need it to offer and the dealership has 100% committed itself to using the app. At the point of collecting the car after warranty work was carried out there was a survey to complete, first question was "did the service receptionist use an ipad when you handed the car in?" - I said yes, but in reality the young guy who seems to know the score in general and is probably digital literate attempted to accept the car while using the ipad but needed to revert to his desk top computer to get any success!

One thing that I would expect if booking the car in in future using the VW app, is that if I book it in for 10:00 time slot, I'll expect that car to get queued and started being worked on very close to that time - with this warranty job the default "car will be ready for" was used, ie end of day and that was not smart, I've been there before at Audi with this "smart" newer way of interfacing customer with dealership and had to stamp on their toes when they try to move the actual "start working on the car time" due to demands from other, walking in from the street customers - ie reverting to managing their workload to suit the workshop and not necessarily the customer who had been encouraged to use their on line booking system and had been accepted.

Edit:- one other thing, at the time for car collection, as part of their survey - not on ipad but an A4 coloured printed sheet of paper, my wife was asked, "did you find the video that was sent to you useful?" - we collected the car at 13:15, the video appeared in my wife's inbox at about 18:30 that evening, room for improvement.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Swanee wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm Hello silverhairs: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Although it's experiencing problems at the moment
Working as normal then............😄
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Many thanks for the reply, I will give it a try and treat it with a pinch of salt :roll: I'm just getting ready to start looking after August (after their so called shut down) as VW have given me an approximate date of 29/11/2018, so I've got plenty of time yet. I've had mine on order for 6 weeks now and I've just got my order number, so it's in the system :roll:
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Your right, they admit they are having trouble, I just went on their site and it's just greyed out :lol:
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

Just had a live chat with VW since the tracker is down. Elbe Highway just docked in Sheerness today from Emden. Should be BW21 cars as mine was on it. Not long now, just waiting for my dealer to get it collected now.