What is going on with VW

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

What is going on with VW

Post by brainbow »

Sorry to rant but.......

My build week was April 9th and my App updated on the 17th April to “In Transit”
That was 4 weeks ago today.

About two weeks ago I called VW Customer services who told me my car was aboard the “Freedom Ace” and left SA on the 25th April.

Ive been tracking that boat and it landed in Emden Sunday 13th May.

I called today for an update. Thinking, if it’s at Emden then surely it won’t be too long now?

Well according to VW Customer services today, they have no record of it leaving SA yet. No record of it being on a boat.
I said I was confused. Where has it been the for the last 4 weeks and was told......”South Africa is a big country so it might not have got to the port yet”

I’ve looked on Google maps. It’s 20 miles to the port.

To say I am confused is an understatement! They kept saying it’s 4 weeks for transit. I said it’s already been 4 weeks now. No response.

I’ve spoken to two different people today at VW and got pretty much the same answer.

Anyone got any ideas? Cos I’m ready to cancel if that’s the case.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: What is going on with VW

Post by alandbess »

VWUK don't seem too well organised at the moment. Online chat, customer services and the retailers really do seemike they're being kept very much in the dark. And not just relating to the new Polo. My local retailer said that they are struggling to get UK stock cars let alone factory orders. Are VWAG not shipping to the UK?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seanhendryyy
New
Drives: R-Line - 2018

Post by Seanhendryyy »

brainbow wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm Sorry to rant but.......

My build week was April 9th and my App updated on the 17th April to “In Transit”

About two weeks ago I called VW Customer services who told me my car was aboard the “Freedom Ace” and left SA on the 25th April.

I called today for an update. Thinking, if it’s at Emden then surely it won’t be too long now?

Well according to VW Customer services today, they have no record of it leaving SA yet. No record of it being on a boat.
I said I was confused. Where has it been the for the last 4 weeks and was told......”South Africa is a big country so it might not have got to the port yet”

To say I am confused is an understatement! They kept saying it’s 4 weeks for transit. I said it’s already been 4 weeks now. No response.

I’ve spoken to two different people today at VW and got pretty much the same answer.

That's annoying! Have you tried chatting with your dealer as when I spoke to VW UK they gave me very little info and then my dealer dug deeper to find that my car was on the same boat as you mentioned. Have you checked Departures recently from Emden as mine is being shipped to the Sheerness port, there's a boat called the Makassar Highway which is a vehicle carrier which has just left Emden and is due in Sheerness tomorrow
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Seanhendryyy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm
brainbow wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm Sorry to rant but.......

That's annoying! Have you tried chatting with your dealer as when I spoke to VW UK they gave me very little info and then my dealer dug deeper to find that my car was on the same boat as you mentioned. Have you checked Departures recently from Emden as mine is being shipped to the Sheerness port, there's a boat called the Makassar Highway which is a vehicle carrier which has just left Emden and is due in Sheerness tomorrow
Thanks. I’d spotted that boat myself. Due into Sheerness tomorrow morning. Well if mine was on the first boat (I was told it was on it after it had sailed) then perhaps miraculously My car will turn up in the U.K. I hope so.

My dealer is on holiday until Friday so can check for me then. If it really is still in SA then I can’t wait another month.

The Customer service team were really unsure when I spoke to them so fingers crossed they confused. Let me know how you get on pls.