My SE 95 in Reef Blue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

My SE 95 in Reef Blue

Post by adam1uk »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uvDU21QmqHTlEco93

Some photos of my Polo, picked up today after a seven month wait. It’s great — a lot quieter than the previous one. I immediately did a 125 mile journey on motorways and dual carriageways, and got 53.7 mpg which I thought was excellent.
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Re: My SE 95 in Reef Blue

Post by john-k »

looking good!! I've also got a reef blue polo on order but its due date is somewhere in July as I ordered it late January
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looks great Adam. Good to see Reef Blue in the metal.

Enjoy your new car! :)
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

The colour looks beautiful in your photos.
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Jason989 »

Looks great! That colour was definitely worth the wait!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Looks really nice mate. Grats :D
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

Looking good, hopefully it was worth the long wait.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Nice car and peeps are right, the colour is lovely. Enjoy....
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

adam1uk wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:16 pm https://photos.app.goo.gl/uvDU21QmqHTlEco93

Some photos of my Polo, picked up today after a seven month wait. It’s great — a lot quieter than the previous one. I immediately did a 125 mile journey on motorways and dual carriageways, and got 53.7 mpg which I thought was excellent.
Ok, that colour really POPs in the sun. long wait over. Enjoy your new Polo.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

mike sel wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:51 am Ok, that colour really POPs in the sun. long wait over. Enjoy your new Polo.
It certainly does, very nice looking! My wife dismissed Blue Silk last time round, but I think that she would go for that colour next time.

My Audi S4 is in Deep Sea Blue (Pearl) - now, in bright sunlight that looks really good, out of bright sunlight it looks either very dark blue or even black!!!

That Reef Blue looks like it will remain looking blue even on a dull day - which is good!
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

I can't see the pics. It's returning an error from google

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Looks really good, we have a reef blue GTI+ on order. Are you pleased with the colour, is it the shade of blue that you thought it would be? YouTube and the VW builder makes it look anything from a really bright deep blue to a fairly dullish blue.
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by adam1uk »

TurboTrev wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 pm Looks really good, we have a reef blue GTI+ on order. Are you pleased with the colour, is it the shade of blue that you thought it would be? YouTube and the VW builder makes it look anything from a really bright deep blue to a fairly dullish blue.
Strangely, so far I’ve only seen it it bright sunshine! It’s actually nicer than I thought it would be, because it’s not as dark. My previous Polo was Silk Blue which I really liked, and I was worried this might be a bit dark in comparison. Ask me again when we’ve had a dull day!

When they told me months ago that there was a delay on Reef Blue and did I want to change to another colour to speed up the order, I decided to stick with it, as the available colours were basically four sorts of silver, a couple of greys and a couple of whites. I’m glad I waited for it.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

adam1uk wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm
TurboTrev wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 pm Looks really good, we have a reef blue GTI+ on order. Are you pleased with the colour, is it the shade of blue that you thought it would be? YouTube and the VW builder makes it look anything from a really bright deep blue to a fairly dullish blue.
Strangely, so far I’ve only seen it it bright sunshine! It’s actually nicer than I thought it would be, because it’s not as dark. My previous Polo was Silk Blue which I really liked, and I was worried this might be a bit dark in comparison. Ask me again when we’ve had a dull day!

When they told me months ago that there was a delay on Reef Blue and did I want to change to another colour to speed up the order, I decided to stick with it, as the available colours were basically four sorts of silver, a couple of greys and a couple of whites. I’m glad I waited for it.
Sounds promising. We are also a fan of silk blue (wife has a BlueGT) and this looks to be nicer, so fingers crossed.
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Any chance of a few photos of the inside? Also, what options did you get?