GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Post by barrywi »

Question for GTI and GTI + owners with winter pack.
Just checked the info sent to me after my order and headlamp washers were included in the winter pack. Does the car actually have them fitted?
rfu6g3
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018 (Hopefully this year)

Post by rfu6g3 »

I have just ordered mine this week GTI+

What extras have people gone for are there any you regret or wish you purchased?

I also got it in white looking at the colour there wasn't much choice I thought white would look the best. I also opted for the grey dash rather than the red

Not had a build date yet I'm expecting a long delivery :(
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

Here's mine...finally!

joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

barrywi wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:12 pm Question for GTI and GTI + owners with winter pack.
Just checked the info sent to me after my order and headlamp washers were included in the winter pack. Does the car actually have them fitted?
Mine has a Winter Pack but no headlight washers, used to drive me mad on my old one, a freshly cleaned car getting sprayed with washer fluid... :roll:
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:51 pm Here's mine...finally!
Congrats! Looks great. Enjoy your new car. :)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:51 pm Here's mine...finally!
Looks brilliant Joe. First pictures I’ve seen of a RHD with deep iron dash pad, which I prefer to the standard red dash pad; iMO the deep iron dash pad makes the interior look a bit more subtle and grown up than it does with the red dash pad. Just my opinion though!

I think Flash Red really suits the GTI.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:53 pm
barrywi wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:12 pm Question for GTI and GTI + owners with winter pack.
Mine has a Winter Pack but no headlight washers, used to drive me mad on my old one, a freshly cleaned car getting sprayed with washer fluid... :roll:
That continues to annoy me on my previous model Polo GTI - washer fluid all over the front end of a clean car!

@Barrywi; lots of debate about the winter pack on the forum over the past month or so, and the big clue as to whether or not the Polo had them was the front bumper - no pop-up covers below the headlamps on any actual cars with winter pack, so it was almost a dead certainty headlamp washers weren’t fitted.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Looks stunning in red glad I decided on that colour now.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:33 pm
That continues to annoy me on my previous model Polo GTI - washer fluid all over the front end of a clean car!

@Barrywi; lots of debate about the winter pack on the forum over the past month or so, and the big clue as to whether or not the Polo had them was the front bumper - no pop-up covers below the headlamps on any actual cars with winter pack, so it was almost a dead certainty headlamp washers weren’t fitted.
In which case I may have a word with my dealer for some sort of compensation as it is specifically mentioned on the order, and I know there are words on it to say it is a guide. Using that theory they could remove all of the goodies mentioned without compensation, cannot think of any other purchase which has that cop out.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

joeknight94 wrote:Here's mine...finally!

Looks absolutely fantastic, good health to enjoy mate. I love seeing these pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Looks like they’ve removed headlight washers and heated windscreen washers from the winter pack according to the VW car builder.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Both still listed as included in the brochure I just looked at.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Galaxy Ace now in Port Elizabeth dock, fingers crossed. Too hot here to sit outside so following the car transporter ships ballet!
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

barrywi wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 pm Galaxy Ace now in Port Elizabeth dock, fingers crossed. Too hot here to sit outside so following the car transporter ships ballet!
If that’s the VW transport vessel hopefully mine will be on that as well Barry.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

There is another transporter on its way down ( Nordic Ace I think) but not arriving until the 18 th so I hope my / our cars are on the one in dock. I have emailed VW to ask which ship it will be.