GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:Is that a GTI with no ACC or a GTI+?

just wondering if VW have hidden the delicate radar behind the VW front grille badge like facelifted Golf, or if it's still precariously placed in the lower grille like pre-facelift Golf 7?

Haven't seen a pic yet with an ACC on show, but unsure if i've always been looking at a GTI with no ACC optioned.

Only 1 thing wrong with the look of that, and that's the bonnet extension (painted upper part of front grille). Would've probably looked better with retaining black on all of the grille - affecting us all as it is the design, just looks a bit aftermarket.
Agree, I think the bonnet extension looks wrong, aftermarket indeed.

However congrats to all of those who get their cars sooner rather than later.

Looks like it'll be a a 9 or 10 month wait for mine by the time I get it. Part of me feels I shouldn't be rewarding VW with my hard earned cash for such a dire service.

Lets face it VW won't care too much, the 'sheep' will keep buying their cars!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Velodyne1200 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm Hi Guys,

I got a couple of photos of my new car at the dealership yesterday - it literally came of the back of a lorry.IMG_20180522_142114.jpgIMG_20180522_142103.jpg
Can you tell me what tyres are on the 17’s? I’ve ordered 17’s on mine and was hoping it would come with pilot sport 4’s like the 18’s but those look like Michelin Primacy 3’s to me. Not the end of the world I guess though! Car looks great, have to let us know how the first drive goes!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

No headlight washers? I thought LEDs should have them?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

mike sel wrote:No headlight washers? I thought LEDs should have them?
LED's on my 2015 model have them.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Velodyne1200
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by Velodyne1200 »

Dan34: The tyres are Michelin Primacy (I managed to get that from the photo I took)

mike sel: I believe you have to order the winter pack to get the washers - that would have been on my options list if I had factory ordered.

Got a nice surprise with my insurance today - I'm swapping an A3 S-Line TDI Quattro 184 S-tronic to the Polo GTI+ and saved £110 per year. Bonus.....
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:04 pm No headlight washers? I thought LEDs should have them?
No legal requirement for headlamp washers if the power output of the headlights is less than 2000 lumens.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

VW tyre choices are a lottery. Just hope you don't get Bridgestone Potenza S001 or RE050A. Every time I get Bridgestones on a FWD VW, tramping is ridiculous, ruins the car - like making Usain Bolt run in wooden clogs. Damp grip is terrible too.

No tramping on the R, but turn in grip below 10C is very poor. I got the RE050As off the R pronto and got Michelin PSS, which transformed the car.

I'll be hugely disappointed if I get Bridgestones on my Brescias.
Alan Mc
New
Drives: 2018 polo GTI+ Limestone grey

Post by Alan Mc »

I got a couple of photos of my new car at the dealership yesterday - it literally came of the back of a lorry.IMG_20180522_142114.jpgIMG_20180522_142103.jpg
When did you order it ? Looks great 👌
Velodyne1200
New

Post by Velodyne1200 »

Alan Mc wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:10 pm

When did you order it ? Looks great 👌
It was a canceled order that I'd heard about a couple of weeks ago. The car arrived at the dealership on Tuesday, by chance I was there when it arrived on the lorry. So I bought it there and then :)
Velodyne1200
New

Post by Velodyne1200 »

I picked up my new GTI+ today. Great service at the VW dealership. (Full tank of fuel, a nice bottle of champagne, GTI Brolly, GTI shirt & the car had the paint protection done for free)
First thoughts are - great little car. Looks great on the outside and has a really well-finished interior.
I've only driven around 30 miles and so-far everything felt like it should. My first 15 miles were spent driving through rush hour traffic & the DSG box was great. Once the traffic cleared I switched the car into sport mode which really brought a smile as the exhaust and engine noise is very addictive.
I'm not sure how much of the noise is artificial but either way, it sounds great. There are some nice pops as the gears drop when slowing down. The car feels quite quick and feels well pinned to the road. The suspension is firm as expected, but not too firm like other cars I've owned in the past.

I'll post more info over the next few days once I get to know the car better & try and answer any questions where possible.
Velodyne1200
New

Post by Velodyne1200 »

The attachment 1.jpg is no longer available
2.jpg
Attachments
1.jpg
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

Wow it looks great look forward to hearing more about how you get on with it 8)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Car looks great Velodyne1200. Scottish scenery in the background of your first picture doesn’t look to bad either :). Can you post some pictures of the interior please?

Enjoy your new car. Hopefully you’ll provide some updates on life with the GTI+ over the coming weeks.
MrLems
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrLems »

Car looking very nice Velodyne - congrats! :) Glad I've ordered mine in white after seeing yours. Was the paint protection gardx by any chance? And how is the finish of it?
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Very nice car, good to hear from a happy new owner, good stuff. Enjoy....