Picked up my Polo SEL today

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: Picked up my Polo SEL today

Post by silverhairs »

I'm not picking up my Polo SEL 115hp DSG estimated date of 29/11/2018. I have also ordered, Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor electric mirrors, orange dash pads, electric folding mirrors and rear view mirrors. I've still got 26 weeks to wait, but if any of the things I've ordered are missing I will tell them "to stick it where the sun don't shine. I will cut my nose off despite my face. You never know, I could end up with a 19 plate.

When ordering, they added all the things on that I never asked for, eg: Paint protection, tyre protection, alloy wheel protection, panel protection and their Gap (Map) protection without even asking me first, which added on about £1500 on the final price, the thing was I got a good deal through Carwow, so they thought that they should recover some of that back.
As for GAP insurance, I looked through the internet and 123 GAP Insurance gave me a price of 3 years £120.73 & 5 years £231.21 with their "vehicle replacement" insurance, so in 4 years time you get a new car with all the extra items you had ordered in the first place.
VW were asking about £400.00 for this alone.
As for their paint protection (LifeShine) that was £400.00 the sales guy said "you will not be able to get or buy this product anywhere else". Went home and found it on "ebay" at prices between £22.00 and £76.00 for the whole kit. another cheaper option would be to find your own car detailer and get them to do it for about £150.00.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:23 pm I'm not picking up my Polo SEL 115hp DSG estimated date of 29/11/2018. I have also ordered, Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor electric mirrors, orange dash pads, electric folding mirrors and rear view mirrors. I've still got 26 weeks to wait, but if any of the things I've ordered are missing I will tell them "to stick it where the sun don't shine. I will cut my nose off despite my face.

That was my first reaction, but I suppose each persons decision will differ, after a few days negotiation it made financial sense to take the car, “cutting your nose of to spite your face” may not be a sensible financial decision, not in my case anyway, now having the car for a week I am pleased I made that choice.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

After my last post I looked locally for car detailer, the price my mate told me of £150 was far out, in the Grimsby area it's approximately £300 and one of them is using the "lifeshine" and another who gets a good review uses something else.
My car that I have at the moment has given me no trouble, and if I have to wait till next year, so be it., I'm not normally known for waiting, but when spending this amount of money, it's got to be right, no if's or buts.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:58 am After my last post I looked locally for car detailer, the price my mate told me of £150 was far out, in the Grimsby area it's approximately £300 and one of them is using the "lifeshine" and another who gets a good review uses something else.
My car that I have at the moment has given me no trouble, and if I have to wait till next year, so be it., I'm not normally known for waiting, but when spending this amount of money, it's got to be right, no if's or buts.
Agree with you. I have a very nice spec Polo that suits my needs and has no bling at all on the outside. Also as I understand it IF you are will to wait a few months to order your new POLO you will get the chance to order a R level spec with a 1.5 evo engine! not that will be a nice Polo. I Get why people are GTI fans I really do its just not for me, but the 1.5 evo! yep im in.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:58 am After my last post I looked locally for car detailer, the price my mate told me of £150 was far out, in the Grimsby area it's approximately £300 and one of them is using the "lifeshine" and another who gets a good review uses something else.
Most car detailers will offer a range of detailing packages and use a range of products that vary in price, so the prices they quote will vary, depending on the detailing package you get or they recommend.

I bought myself a dual action (DA) machine polisher a few years ago and have acquired a reasonable collection of detailing products over time, so I detail my own car. With time and a little practice, it’s possible to get some very good results. The financial outlay on the DA polishing machine has paid for itself many times over, based on what it would have cost me to get a professional detailer to work on my car.