Ports used by VW South Africa

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: Ports used by VW South Africa

Post by roywolfey »

Now tracking the Thames Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... %20HIGHWAY

Looks like it’s going to sail from Emden to Sheerness imminently. :o

And the EMS Highway doing the Grimbsby run

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... MS_HIGHWAY
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:09 am Now tracking the Thames Highway

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... %20HIGHWAY

Looks like it’s going to sail from Emden to Sheerness imminently. :o

And the EMS Highway doing the Grimbsby run

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... MS_HIGHWAY
^^Getting ahead of myself.

It's still in Emden. Arrived from SA on 23rd. Just got this from CS "You are correct in that your vehicle did arrive at the port of Emden the other day and was scanned into the vehicle compound yesterday. Whilst it has not yet been dispatched to the UK, it can take up to 10-14 days for this to occur."

:D
camerar1
New
Drives: 2010 SEL 105PS, ordered 2018 SEL 115PS

Post by camerar1 »

I will give up stalking CAPRICORNUS LEADER now, but here it is in Southampton this morning.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjM7aF-NMdRH3l-VxMONLMc0fEL3

Just as in 2010, when my current Polo came from Port Elizabeth on the then TOPEKA, the ship made a port call at Southampton before the new car arrived in the UK. Some element of frustration again!
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

camerar1 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am I will give up stalking CAPRICORNUS LEADER now, but here it is in Southampton this morning.

Just as in 2010, when my current Polo came from Port Elizabeth on the then TOPEKA, the ship made a port call at Southampton before the new car arrived in the UK. Some element of frustration again!
Hah, I noticed that Capricornus Leader was in Southampton... :lol:
Thames Highway is Back in Emden so fingers crossed for the next sailing!
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

Had a chat with VW online today and they said my car is on the galaxy ace bound for Emden. Looks like its another 2 weeks at the very least before it lands in the UK. 6 months and counting...
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

john-k wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:23 pm Had a chat with VW online today and they said my car is on the galaxy ace bound for Emden. Looks like its another 2 weeks at the very least before it lands in the UK. 6 months and counting...
When did you get your "in transit" notification? Is yours a BW23 car? Got my notification on Friday of BW23, so could be on that ship too.
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

Mine was a BW21 car. The tracker changed from building to transit in BW22 but VW could not track where my car was for a few weeks until now
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

My Polo is currently on the Grand Orion heading to LUANDA (Port) Country: Angola Country: Angola (AO)

Not sure if it is making a drop off and continuing or dropping my Polo off and waiting for another boat?

Anyone else experienced this?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Forgive my lack of world geography, but I would think that Angola is on the West side of Africa, normally "our" boats leave Port Liz and turn left heading up the East coast of Africa via some Arab countries if/as required and then transit through the Suez canal and onwards to Spain etc.

Edit:- okay I was correct there, when I was looking for any big car transporters when my wife's car was being delivered to Europe, that is the area that I was looking in - and missed "my" boat completely as it came to Germany via Suez!

So that will mean transiting via the Bay of Biscuits, oh!
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

Correct, yea on the West coast.

It's just about to doc in Angola. Hopefully it'll be on it's way again today or tomorrow and head straight to Emden.

Fingers crossed!
camerar1
New

Post by camerar1 »

camerar1 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am I will give up stalking CAPRICORNUS LEADER now, but here it is in Southampton this morning.

My dealer just contacted me with a teaser video. My Wk21 build car, notified as ex-factory on 1st June, has been with them since Monday evening - so must have been on Capricornus Leader. I hope that this is useful info for others.

VW Order tracker still shows as "in transit".
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

My Polos in transit, Grand Orion due for a pit stop VIGO Port Spain Friday 13th July, Due into Emden 17th July.

What is the lay over time in Germany to getting back on boat to UK?
camerar1
New

Post by camerar1 »

Appears to be about 5 days Emden - UK.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

phileep wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 pm My Polos in transit, Grand Orion due for a pit stop VIGO Port Spain Friday 13th July, Due into Emden 17th July.

What is the lay over time in Germany to getting back on boat to UK?
Mine was in Sheerness 2 days after the ship it was on arrived in Emden. sat in Sheerness for 10days before arriving at dealer. As soon as my car was in the UK the dealer made contact (next day) and sent me the reg doc to sign with my reg number on it. I then arranged to pop in to complete the paperwork on a Thursday, as I arrived at 8.30 am my car was being unloaded from the transporter. I arranged to pick the car up one week later. One or two on here have managed to get the dealer to prep the car a bit quicker though. So I was sitting in my car about 3 weeks after the Emden arrival date. Hope that helps.

Worth not allowing VW dealer to wash the car, get your detailer to do that. I know it will cost about £300 but well worth it to have the car detailed properly from day one. The 16 year old VW will use to wash the car will probably use the fire bucket C/W sand to rinse his sponge.
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

Ah seems a mixed bag.

Mine arrived in Emden on Tuesday 17th. Live chat said it could sit there for 2 weeks before getting on another boat.

Dealer is in Yorkshire so i presume it'll be dropped off up north?

I have Auto shine so i presume that'll add time on. The end is in sight!!