South American - Brazil Made VW POLO

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mkaiser
New
Drives: MK10

South American - Brazil Made VW POLO

Post by mkaiser »

Hi everyone! greetings!
I am from South america / Paraguay
I recently bought a VW POLO 2018 (Made in Brazil) ... I was looking around comparing equipments and features.. and man do I envy you guys..
The VW polo from UK is way more equipped and with way more features!! the version we currently have in paraguay is a basic model Comfortline 1.6 MSI (FLEX Fuel) and it costs around 15k USD.

Our version lacks Parking Sensors front back or Reverse Camera
this basic version does not even have Fog Lights..
The headlights dont have DRL or Projectors either
The mirrors are manual not electric, no tilt down
No sunroof either..
and no lane assist .. no blindspot warning, no lane parting no technology whatsoever...

It only has Hill assist, ESC and integrated Traction Control..

Just wanted to share with you guys hope thats ok! wanted to ask you guys where do you guys buy parts for the VW POLO 2018? was looking into buy the parts and retrofitting.. with the respective parts and the respective modules and looking into long coding into the ECU to enable the features!
20180428_164122 (Large).jpg
20180428_164058 (Large).jpg
20180428_164158 (Large).jpg
20180428_164103 (Large).jpg
20180428_163943 (Large).jpg
20180428_164148 (Large).jpg
20180428_164223 (Large).jpg
20180428_164217 (Large).jpg
20180428_164208 (Large).jpg
20180428_164212 (Large).jpg
20180424_173029 (Large).jpg
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: South American - Brazil Made VW POLO

Post by Leif »

You have most of what you need though, the rest are nice to haves. I would miss a leather covered steering wheel, better grip. I noticed your air vents are different. We have the same colour I think, reflex silver.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Thanks for sharing the Photos -- still a nice car, even without fog lights....
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Leif wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am You have most of what you need though, the rest are nice to haves. I would miss a leather covered steering wheel, better grip. I noticed your air vents are different. We have the same colour I think, reflex silver.
I think that the OP's plan is to try to turn the car that he can and has bought locally into what he wants it to be, ie personalise his car, no harm in that, some of us do feel the need to bother to do that.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:23 pm
Leif wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am You have most of what you need though, the rest are nice to haves. I would miss a leather covered steering wheel, better grip. I noticed your air vents are different. We have the same colour I think, reflex silver.
I think that the OP's plan is to try to turn the car that he can and has bought locally into what he wants it to be, ie personalise his car, no harm in that, some of us do feel the need to bother to do that.
I didn’t say otherwise, just making the point that he has the most important kit. There is also a very basic version, with no steering wheel controls, and no LED display:

https://www.motor1.com/news/183501/base-vw-polo-images/

That I would not want. For me a large part of the appeal is the wonderful infotainment system, with the steering wheel controls. The one toy I really would like is a heated front windscreen.

I noticed he has a 1.6 engine, so clearly not one of the three pot TSI units. I wonder how it performs.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I've always wondered what some of these 1.6 petrol engines would be like, but the world has moved on and smaller 3 pots is the current fashion, but no doubt things will change soon enough!

I'd guess the OP needs to get hold of VCDS and see exactly which smart controllers are in that car, maybe also have a look through EKTA to find same info for cars from that region.

Edit:- heated windscreen - head for Ford products! I have a friend who is stuck with Ford as his car lives outside all year round and having a heated windscreen is where his list of "must haves" starts.

Another Edit:- that link with the basic looking Polo, when I did the personal import thing back in 2000 and 2002 both VWs came with blank panels fitted where the radio normally gets fitted in UK market cars, that was due to Holland having a luxury tax on ICE so no one every wanted to pay that, which meant main dealerships tended to have a good range of JVC etc ICE in their showrooms - for fitting to new cars at PDI. I used the buying new from dealership for the radio for my first car, that hurt quite a bit, used ebay for the second radio and CD player.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Nice car mkaiser, enjoy. One query: are those floor mats standard to the car or your own as Sparco make cool racing products in the Uk....
mkaiser
New
Drives: MK10

Post by mkaiser »

stevereeves wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:12 pm Nice car mkaiser, enjoy. One query: are those floor mats standard to the car or your own as Sparco make cool racing products in the Uk....
hi Stevereeves, the standard floor mats are black VW ones, the sparco ones are my own, as well as the red stripe over the dashboard..

btw i cant find any sites selling the polo parts / accesories ... anyone have any recommendations?
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Good choice re: the mats, the red stripe looks standard wouldn't have known otherwise, nice touch. Check internet for Polo accesories, though you prob already worked that out :D ....