With the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!

Would-be new Polo owners who are waiting; with the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done?

I would never have ordered my car in the first place
6%
If I knew I would be faced with a long delay, I would have considered buying a different VW model or a car from another manufacturer
6%
If I knew particular options were the cause of the delay with my car’s build, I would change the spec and remove those options
6%
I wouldn’t change anything; I’ll just sit it out and wait patiently for my car to be built to the spec I want
53%
I’d have delayed ordering until a later date when waiting times have hopefully reduced
6%
I’d settle for an ‘in-stock’ new car at a dealer’s that might not match my ideal spec to avoid the waiting times
18%
I’d wait a while until a dealer had a nearly new model of the same/similar spec to my ideal spec
6%

Total votes: 17

john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Re: With the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done?

Post by john-k »

Looks like carwow has just posted a full review of the Polo. It's a really great car and probably the best in its class for now, shame that VW has to screw up the launch and make us wait so long for them :roll:
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: With the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done?

Post by stevereeves »

"It's a really great car and probably the best in its class for now, shame that VW has to screw up the launch and make us wait so long for them".

100% agree, I've never been over fussed about the new Polo either way my circumstances have changed somewhat though I'd prob still pull the trigger on a Polo, but I do feel disappointed. And I do like Mat Watson's car reviews, he tends to tell it like it is without bombarding the viewer with too much info or trying to be too much of a funny guy / expert....