R-line 115

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Re: R-line 115

Post by joshwills »

Woody, it only took about 5 days but online chat were telling me start of November because of wltp which I shared with my dealer which they supported. Then literally the next day the dealer emails me to say the car has arrived and she’s sent me the registration documents.

Mike I will for sure, I’ll upload a video to my YouTube account so you can all have a better look. I’ve gone for the manual rather than the auto. If all goes to plan a week after getting it I’ll be doing a trip up to the midlands so will get my first long drive out of it then.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

joshwills wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 am Woody, it only took about 5 days but online chat were telling me start of November because of wltp which I shared with my dealer which they supported. Then literally the next day the dealer emails me to say the car has arrived and she’s sent me the registration documents.

Mike I will for sure, I’ll upload a video to my YouTube account so you can all have a better look. I’ve gone for the manual rather than the auto. If all goes to plan a week after getting it I’ll be doing a trip up to the midlands so will get my first long drive out of it then.
Josh, I know your love the car. it will be interesting to see what you think of the 6 gears, they say its the better of the two manual boxes. (I cant judge on that one, I did test drive the SE 95hp 5 speed manual and it seemed perfectly fine to me) the only reason I went for a DSG is that my friend had just got a Q2 with a 7 speed tiptronic box, I drove that and thought it was ok. it is the same gear box as the VW DSG they just call it a different name for some reason. it is dearer and I did um and ahh about it for a while. should I have saved the 1500 quid and stuck with the manual? I just don't know. the auto has its own usability issues mainly centred around the stop start system, I really think stop start and DSG are dangerous. Example, if I forget to switch the auto start off, when you pull up at a junction the car is still just coming to a stop and the auto stop kicks in and cuts the engine losing power steering while the car is still moving albeit very slowly. then the car in front nudges forward about a foot (I don't know why they do it they still have a stationary car in front of them) the auto start kicks in and the engine restarts ok that is just annoying and not really dangerous. the danger comes when I am the next one say turning right, the stop function has kicked in the engine is dead, my gap comes and I go for it the engine takes about a second to start AFTER I push the accelerator by this time the gap is now dangerously close to being unviable. I literally switch my stop start off before every drive. I then switch it on IF im stopped in a major traffic jam. The DSG is great all other times and I would say brilliant if you knock it back into sport mode and put your toe down, yes even on the 115hp. Is it worth the 1500 quid?...im not sure. Would I spec it next time ? im just not sure, if the 1500cc evo engine was available with a 6 speed manual I would defiantly have put the money there instead.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

I turn the stop start of straight away, it’s a bloody pain if you ask me, there should be a setting to allow for permanent off. I still can’t believe it’s at the dealership nearly ready for me to collect. I know it’s been a long wait but my delivery date on my form is 22nd December so I’ve been incredibly lucky to get it over 2 months early. Fingers crossed everything is okay with it.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

Picked up my car today and the dealer was amazing, tank you to Sophie at Alan day VW. The winter pack was missing 2 it the advertised items when I ordered and she has already spoke to customer services and has arranged for me to get a full refund. So I should hopefully receive it in the next few days.