R-line 115

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Re: R-line 115

Post by CP_Vaughny »

joshwills wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm Hi,

Has anyone else ordered the 115 Manual r-line and received a build week.

I ordered mine on 22nd May and it just says with factory.
I have, ordered it mid April, still no build week. :(
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

CP_Vaughny wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Happy to stand corrected but I don’t think anybody with a Polo factory order has a confirmed build week right now due to the model year / WLTP changes and associated factory downtime.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Seanhendryyy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:58 am I’ve got a Flash Red 115 R Line Polo but have been on the motorway a few times and when you get up to motorway speeds when in 5th/6th Gear, the car vibrates quite a bit, when you have the sun visor down you can see it shaking when at that speed.

I don’t know if anyone has experienced anything similar and if anyone has any ideas what may be causing it?
Getting back to this post. If you take your Polo back and they (the dealer or whoever) sort out your vibration problem, can you please post back what your problem was? I've been in other forums and new members come in, ask the forum about their problems, they are given advice, they disappear and nobody in the forum get to know how or if their problem was cured.
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Post by joshwills »

On the online chat they said that there would be no more build weeks allocated until first week of August.

I’ve ordered 115 flash red, 17” wheels, active info display, driver profile select, rear view camera, winter pack climate control and sat nav. I hope the options don’t slow the build week allocation down.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

I ordered mine on the 14th April and it still says with factory
My dealer is saying I won’t get a build week until the factory re opens for August and be lucky if I see my car for October November time
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

joshwills wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm

On the online chat they said that there would be no more build weeks allocated until first week of August.

I’ve ordered 115 flash red, 17” wheels, active info display, driver profile select, rear view camera, winter pack climate control and sat nav. I hope the options don’t slow the build week allocation down.
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. The 115 is nice, the manual that came with mine has the car codes in the front and it says it is actually 116hp (for what its worth) feels perky, the Active info is great, I love it, just a little worried about its long term reliability, but it works well its smooth if im honest I have to say it is a little hard to tell exactly the speed you are doing unless you have the MPH indicator in the middle of the dial. being able to move the VW satnav over to the dash is brilliant , it allows my partner to play around with the music on the main display. (no real point in buying the active info without the VW satnav as you can not move the apple car play sat nav over to the digi dash) SO digi dash? very big thumbs up.

Rear camera is very clear and easy to use, I use it every day as I reverse into my home parking again big thumbs up.

driver profile is a very useful button. I would not be without it. eco, normal, sport, individual.

winter pack is heated seats, washer bottle low warning light, and (on checking with my VW dealer) I am told the heated washer jest are deffo there...no proof except I have it in writing, I will find out in the winter. Headlight washers deffo not there. I just got a refund because when I ordered the car the description of the winter pack clearly states includes headlight washers.

sat nav works well I like the VW one, its just the finding fuel only lists proper fuel stations no Tesco Asda or Sains. so a bit limiting as these tend to be the cheaper fuel stops.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

mike sel wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 am

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. The 115 is nice, the manual that came with mine has the car codes in the front and it says it is actually 116hp (for what its worth) feels perky, the Active info is great, I love it, just a little worried about its long term reliability, but it works well its smooth if im honest I have to say it is a little hard to tell exactly the speed you are doing unless you have the MPH indicator in the middle of the dial. being able to move the VW satnav over to the dash is brilliant , it allows my partner to play around with the music on the main display. (no real point in buying the active info without the VW satnav as you can not move the apple car play sat nav over to the digi dash) SO digi dash? very big thumbs up.

Rear camera is very clear and easy to use, I use it every day as I reverse into my home parking again big thumbs up.

driver profile is a very useful button. I would not be without it. eco, normal, sport, individual.

winter pack is heated seats, washer bottle low warning light, and (on checking with my VW dealer) I am told the heated washer jest are deffo there...no proof except I have it in writing, I will find out in the winter. Headlight washers deffo not there. I just got a refund because when I ordered the car the description of the winter pack clearly states includes headlight washers.

sat nav works well I like the VW one, its just the finding fuel only lists proper fuel stations no Tesco Asda or Sains. so a bit limiting as these tend to be the cheaper fuel stops.
Yeah I’m worried I may have been missold the winter pack I have a screen shot of it saying that there where head lamp washers included. What did you have to say to get the refund?
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

joshwills wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Yeah I’m worried I may have been missold the winter pack I have a screen shot of it saying that there where head lamp washers included. What did you have to say to get the refund?
exactly as you have said there. I pointed out the headlight washers were not there, I pointed out that they were in the Meet your new Polo sales brochure they give you when they have specked the car. in the description it clearly states headlight washers included. I asked for £159 refund same as the cost of two services. (1x oil change 1x full check service). I also asked for written confirmation that heated jets were there. Got both.

I was a little cheeky I suppose as in hindsight I am happy not to have the headlight washers, they do use a lot of fluid and they get the front of your car all gunged with blue screen cleaner. you don't get a bigger bottle so you just end up refilling the one you have more often. So if I can get £159 back for not having something I didn't want ….I will take it, all day long.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

brainbow wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 pm Hi, finally picking up my Polo tomorrow.

As per the heading. R-line 115 Limestone Grey. Only extra is Climate Control

Ordered 13th Jan. Ready 12th June........

I’ll look to post some pics. :D
Hi?

What does the key look like on the new polo r-line. Looking at getting a cover for it.

Cheers
Josh
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

joshwills wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Just got my cheque for £159 for the headlight washer being missing. Bit of a result that, seeing as how other contributors on here say they are a nuisance to have anyway.
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

Just got a text saying that I now have a confirmed build week of 27/8/2018. I ordered my car on 22nd May, has anyone else had a text today with an update?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Well your on your way Josh, once it's built there's another 8 weeks for shipping :roll: What was the approximate date did the dealer tell you it can be collected from them?
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

joshwills wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm Just got a text saying that I now have a confirmed build week of 27/8/2018. I ordered my car on 22nd May, has anyone else had a text today with an update?
mid to late Oct for you to be sitting in the car.....nice. Enjoy a long hot summer then just as things get bit dim and grotty, you will have your new car to perk you up. :D
Xarano
New
Drives: Polo Match 2016

Post by Xarano »

joshwills wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm Just got a text saying that I now have a confirmed build week of 27/8/2018. I ordered my car on 22nd May, has anyone else had a text today with an update?
I got an email today too saying my car status had changed. Although I didn't get a build week.

Biggest p*** take though is that I ordered my car on February 3rd :(
joshwills
New

Post by joshwills »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:16 pm Well your on your way Josh, once it's built there's another 8 weeks for shipping :roll: What was the approximate date did the dealer tell you it can be collected from them?
I was quoted 22nd December, so I’m a bit surprised.