R-line 115

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

R-line 115

Post by brainbow »

Hi, finally picking up my Polo tomorrow.

As per the heading. R-line 115 Limestone Grey. Only extra is Climate Control

Ordered 13th Jan. Ready 12th June........

I’ll look to post some pics. :D
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Re: R-line 115

Post by albob »

nice one... :)
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

Collected my R Line. Really impressed. Nippy and handles well. Posted some pics in the Picture thread.
Very happy. :D
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Good stuff, enjoy....
matthew.bicknell
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by matthew.bicknell »

How are you finding the 1.0 3 cylinder? Do you feel like 115hp is enough, especially on motorways/a-roads etc.?

Is the engine noisey/thrummy at all? A few years I had a Peugeot 107 and then a Renault Clio both with 3 cylinder engines and found them quite loud compared to my 4 cylinder polo now.

Glad you're enjoying the car!

Thanks in advance

Matt
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Looks great. I like the wheels / car colour combo. Works well. Enjoy!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

I have the 95 engine and it’s quiet. As for power, I can’t see any reason for more unless you like the feeling of pulling away rapidly from the lights etc. However, I’ve known people who drive like they are in a hurry though they don’t get to the destination any quicker. Each to their own.
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

matthew.bicknell wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 am How are you finding the 1.0 3 cylinder? Do you feel like 115hp is enough, especially on motorways/a-roads etc.?

Is the engine noisey/thrummy at all? A few years I had a Peugeot 107 and then a Renault Clio both with 3 cylinder engines and found them quite loud compared to my 4 cylinder polo now.

Glad you're enjoying the car!

Thanks in advance

Matt
Hi Matt. Really enjoying the car. I’d call it a warm hatch. Fast enough to overtake without really pushing it to be honest.
It’s been quite a surprise.
Not done more than a few miles on the motorway yet but A roads are easy to have some fun.

I drove a 3 cylinder Corsa many years ago. They are not the same at all. If I didn’t know there’s no way I’d have guessed a 1.0 litre.

I like the “thrummy” sound as you call it, the cabin is really well insulated from noise so it’s not intrusive.

I’ve posted some pics in the pic thread but I think it’s better in real life. The tinted rear led’s are awesome when they are on.
Really happy
matthew.bicknell
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by matthew.bicknell »

Thanks for the reply brainbow very helpful :)

The car certainly does look nice. The rear LEDs are very nice, just a shame the rear indicators aren't LEDs though but cant have everything can you!

Also, i've heard on some reviews that the doors have quite brittle plastics on them and the door 'arm rest' is fully plastic on the rear doors, can you confirm this?

I still have not seen an R-line in person sadly as there are none down here where I am yet :(

Thanks

Matt
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Post by CP_Vaughny »

Wow, I’ve been to check out the pics, it looks great.

I have an R-line 115 on order but I’m looking at a Nov delivery at the mo.

I like the colour. I’ve gone for the ‘shoutier’ Enegetic Orange. One thing I keep looking at is the top of the hatch between the roof and the spoiler. The spoiler tip is black but I keep wondering whether it’ll look better to wrap that bit in black (might get it mocked up on photoshop).

Thanks for sharing, safe driving!
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Post by joshwills »

Hi,

Has anyone else ordered the 115 Manual r-line and received a build week.

I ordered mine on 22nd May and it just says with factory.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

matthew.bicknell wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 pm Also, i've heard on some reviews that the doors have quite brittle plastics on them and the door 'arm rest' is fully plastic on the rear doors, can you confirm this?

Thanks

Matt
@matthew.bicknell; The arm rests on the rear doors are all plastic on all the new Polo models. You can see them in this YouTube video of the GTI at 4min 43sec. The video also gives a good close up view of the hard plastic door cards.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYfqrTRCv38
Seanhendryyy
New
Drives: R-Line - 2018

Post by Seanhendryyy »

I’ve got a Flash Red 115 R Line Polo but have been on the motorway a few times and when you get up to motorway speeds when in 5th/6th Gear, the car vibrates quite a bit, when you have the sun visor down you can see it shaking when at that speed.

I don’t know if anyone has experienced anything similar and if anyone has any ideas what may be causing it?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

If you have a vibration when doing motorway speeds in either 5th or 6th gear, take it back to the dealer, I'm no mechanic, but it sounds like you have wheel balance problem, your Polo shouldn't have any vibration at any speeds in the appropriate top two gears.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

If you get vibes in both gears, and sounds the same in each gear at the same speed, prob wheels off-balance. Annoying but no biggie, hope that's all is....