First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 am
joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm
stevereeves wrote:Good, enjoyable test without too much waffle, Top Gear could do a lot worse. Interesting about the 2D VW badge, thought VW were being cheap, but a good idea placing the sensor built-in behind it. Wasn't over-fussed 'bout the AID but warming to it a bit. I assume the car was not returned and bagged for one's self, they are still rare as. And that cool shirt was literally nicked off the sales guy's back :lol: : ....
It’s my demo, really enjoying the car, just hit 620 miles (1000km) and it’s like someone has flicked a switch, it now feels as quick as a Golf GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve read on other VW forums that it’s suspected VW apply a running in restriction via software to restrict power during the first 620 miles / 1,000 km, as many owners notice a step change in performance at this mileage.
It has happened on my last 2 Golfs, also power is slightly restricted on every journey until until the engine us warm - even after it has been run in.. i mentioned it a few days ago on the Golf GTI forum. Quite sophisticated the ECU is, even knows when it is doing an NEDC test.😉
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Re: First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Post by loadswine »

Couple of recent tests for the Polo GTi, one on Pistonheads, and the other on Whatcar.
The Whatcar one, is a bit odd in the scoring of space and practicality, looks a bit like a misprint or something. See what you think.

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph ... -gti/38201

https://www.whatcar.com/volkswagen/polo ... ck/review/