Does anyone have a SE trim level with LED package?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Does anyone have a SE trim level with LED package?

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 am
mike sel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am also one other thing that I don't seem to have that I thought was there is the turn down wing mirrors when reversing (unless I have not figured how to turn them on yet) I probably would not use them but unless im missing a trick mine don't look down, the blind spot and or folding wing mirror description states turning down when reversing. TBH I have park assist that I have not used yet and I have reverse camera which is brilliant so I don't need the look down function too.
Looks like the SEL doesn’t get these. According to the price list (which might not be correct!), the reverse activated kerbside view door mirror is standard on the R-Line (page 9) and GTI+ (page 10), but not the SEL.
yea I ordered an option of blind spot (extra cash), which made me purchase (extra £160 on top of the blind spot extra) folding and heated folding and turn down ! so it should be there somewhere I just do now where. it deffo does not work as is. Im not over worried but I gues it would be handy to line up car park parking space whites.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 am
mike sel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am also one other thing that I don't seem to have that I thought was there is the turn down wing mirrors when reversing (unless I have not figured how to turn them on yet) I probably would not use them but unless im missing a trick mine don't look down, the blind spot and or folding wing mirror description states turning down when reversing. TBH I have park assist that I have not used yet and I have reverse camera which is brilliant so I don't need the look down function too.
Looks like the SEL doesn’t get these. According to the price list (which might not be correct!), the reverse activated kerbside view door mirror is standard on the R-Line (page 9) and GTI+ (page 10), but not the SEL.
So I just watched youtube and the VW look down mirrors. I went out to the car checked the look down function was switched on ..check...turned the door mirror know on the door to R and started the car popped it in reverse ….nothing. So your right the SEL does not had llok down mirror mode. It also looks like the option or heated folding and lookdown is incorrect as I ordered the option and I still don't have look down. Hey ho cant have it all. but somewhere on this site we need a list of thing that have been verified as not described correctly I the sales information. so far for me its NO headlamp washers on the winter pack, no look down n the reverse, and no ambient lighting under the rear door handles.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:57 pm So I just watched youtube and the VW look down mirrors. I went out to the car checked the look down function was switched on ..check...turned the door mirror know on the door to R and started the car popped it in reverse ….nothing. So your right the SEL does not had llok down mirror mode. It also looks like the option or heated folding and lookdown is incorrect as I ordered the option and I still don't have look down. Hey ho cant have it all. but somewhere on this site we need a list of thing that have been verified as not described correctly I the sales information. so far for me its NO headlamp washers on the winter pack, no look down n the reverse, and no ambient lighting under the rear door handles.
If you’ve got the reverse nearside / kerbside mirror dip function, the mirror adjustment knob needs to be set to ‘L’, not ‘R’ on a RHD car, as the nearside/kerbside mirror is on the left.

To set (this is from memory when I activated and set mine on my mk6 Golf GTD (my previous car) almost 7 years ago(!) but I think I’ve remembered correctly;
1. Turn on ignition, but don't start the engine (i.e. you need to be in the ‘accessories’ setting, when the dashboard warning lights are illuminated).
2. Select reverse gear.
3. Select passenger side mirror (‘L’) on mirror control knob.
4. Adjust passenger side mirror so you can see the kerb.
5. Take car out of reverse gear and return to neutral, or Park in DSG gearbox.
6. Turn off the ignition and the passener side mirror should return to the normal position it was in before you adjusted it to see the kerb, and the car should remember the dipped position you’ve set in step 4. above.

If you now leave the mirror adjustment knob in the ‘L’ position, the mirror should then always dip to the position you’ve set in step 4. above every time you select reverse. If you now perform a reversing manoeuvre and the mirror has dipped, it will return to the ‘pre-dipped’ normal position when you drive forward and your speed increases to something like 10 mph.

I believe for the new Polo there may also be a mirror reverse dip setting accessed via the car infotainment screen. If there is, then to access this; Car => Settings => Mirror and wiper settings. Ensure tick box for ‘lower while reversing’ is ticked.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

I have had the R Line for just over a week now. It does have the reversing lowering function and you’re right......you have to have the door mirror button set to the left.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 pm
mike sel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:57 pm So I just watched youtube and the VW look down mirrors. I went out to the car checked the look down function was switched on ..check...turned the door mirror know on the door to R and started the car popped it in reverse ….nothing. So your right the SEL does not had llok down mirror mode. It also looks like the option or heated folding and lookdown is incorrect as I ordered the option and I still don't have look down. Hey ho cant have it all. but somewhere on this site we need a list of thing that have been verified as not described correctly I the sales information. so far for me its NO headlamp washers on the winter pack, no look down n the reverse, and no ambient lighting under the rear door handles.
If you’ve got the reverse nearside / kerbside mirror dip function, the mirror adjustment knob needs to be set to ‘L’, not ‘R’ on a RHD car, as the nearside/kerbside mirror is on the left.

To set (this is from memory when I activated and set mine on my mk6 Golf GTD (my previous car) almost 7 years ago(!) but I think I’ve remembered correctly;
1. Turn on ignition, but don't start the engine (i.e. you need to be in the ‘accessories’ setting, when the dashboard warning lights are illuminated).
2. Select reverse gear.
3. Select passenger side mirror (‘L’) on mirror control knob.
4. Adjust passenger side mirror so you can see the kerb.
5. Take car out of reverse gear and return to neutral, or Park in DSG gearbox.
6. Turn off the ignition and the passener side mirror should return to the normal position it was in before you adjusted it to see the kerb, and the car should remember the dipped position you’ve set in step 4. above.

If you now leave the mirror adjustment knob in the ‘L’ position, the mirror should then always dip to the position you’ve set in step 4. above every time you select reverse. If you now perform a reversing manoeuvre and the mirror has dipped, it will return to the ‘pre-dipped’ normal position when you drive forward and your speed increases to something like 10 mph.

I believe for the new Polo there may also be a mirror reverse dip setting accessed via the car infotainment screen. If there is, then to access this; Car => Settings => Mirror and wiper settings. Ensure tick box for ‘lower while reversing’ is ticked.
Ah that's the trouble with the majority of the world driving on the wrong side of the road their you tube reports can be misleading ...they don't allow for the stupid like me. OF course Left in the UK LOL stupid is as stupid does.