Does anyone have a SE trim level with LED package?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Does anyone have a SE trim level with LED package?

Post by TElwoody »

Just was wondering and had one or two questions
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: Does anyone have a SE trim level with LED package?

Post by silverhairs »

I have an SEL on order and enquired yesterday how much to fit LED lights, when I purchased the car (put the order in) I was quoted £900.00 that was less than 4 weeks ago, yesterday 17/06/2018 they wanted £975.00 As the Mrs and I are both retired, and we don't have to go out unless in an emergency in the dark, an extra £975.00 is a lot of money just for extra brightness and the LED DRL in the headlamp cluster (that's the bit I like) is not a viable solution for us. If I wanted more light as in the motor I have at present, just fit the 120/130% extra light bulbs. I have the 120% fitted to my Note and there more than adequate.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

TElwoody wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:48 am Just was wondering and had one or two questions
Intrigued as to what your questions are. :?:
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Well, just things like are the interior reading lights and puddle lights LED? Puddle lights require conviniance pack i think though.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Why do you call the LED's "puddle lights"? That's if I'm reading it right?
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

According to the price list, the interior lights (front & rear reading lights, ambient lighting in the front footwell and door handles) are LED, there are no puddle lights on the Polo. assuming by puddle lights, you mean the lights that light up the exterior of the car.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

john-k wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:30 pm According to the price list, the interior lights (front & rear reading lights, ambient lighting in the front footwell and door handles) are LED, there are no puddle lights on the Polo. assuming by puddle lights, you mean the lights that light up the exterior of the car.
Looking at the latest price list, the convenience pack is optional on the SE Polo and includes the items below. It does state that the light and sight pack element of the convenience pack includes puddle lights in the exterior door mirrors, although the price list content isn’t always correct (winter pack content in the price list is wrong as the winter pack doesn’t include headlamp washers);

Convenience Pack;
Light & Sight pack – automatic dimming interior rear-view mirror, automatic headlights on, manual coming/automatic leaving home lighting function and rain sensor
Electrically heated and foldable door mirrors, door mirror puddle lights and reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror
Front fog lights with static cornering function

If they are part of the convenience pack and like the puddle lights on the mk6 and mk7/mk7.5 Golf, then they’re fitted in the underside of the door mirrors. They illuminate in dark/poor lighting conditions to provide additional lighting outside the car in the area below the front doors when;
  • you’re in the car and you open the door to get out
  • you unlock the car to get in
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Interesting on the puddle lights. They are stated as being in the Convenience pack but that’s only available on SE. I can not find any other mention of puddle lights anywhere else. I have an R Line. I need to check now as I’m sure mine doesn’t have them as standard. They can’t just be available on just the SE via a pack.

Wonders if this is an error by VW??
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

brainbow wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:02 pm Interesting on the puddle lights. They are stated as being in the Convenience pack but that’s only available on SE. I can not find any other mention of puddle lights anywhere else. I have an R Line. I need to check now as I’m sure mine doesn’t have them as standard. They can’t just be available on just the SE via a pack.

Wonders if this is an error by VW??
Yes, it is interesting. I also looked to see if there was any mention of puddle lights on models above the SE bit couldn’t find any. I was assuming that if the convenience pack option (including puddle lights) isn’t available on Beats, SEL, R-Line, GTI/GTI+ but is an option on the SE, then the content of the convenience pack would be part of the standard spec on those models above the SE.

if you, or anyone else who’s taken delivery of a non-SE Polo doesn’t have puddle lights, then yes it’s (another) error by VW!
john-k
New

Post by john-k »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 pm
john-k wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:30 pm According to the price list, the interior lights (front & rear reading lights, ambient lighting in the front footwell and door handles) are LED, there are no puddle lights on the Polo. assuming by puddle lights, you mean the lights that light up the exterior of the car.
Looking at the latest price list, the convenience pack is optional on the SE Polo and includes the items below. It does state that the light and sight pack element of the convenience pack includes puddle lights in the exterior door mirrors, although the price list content isn’t always correct (winter pack content in the price list is wrong as the winter pack doesn’t include headlamp washers);

Convenience Pack;
Light & Sight pack – automatic dimming interior rear-view mirror, automatic headlights on, manual coming/automatic leaving home lighting function and rain sensor
Electrically heated and foldable door mirrors, door mirror puddle lights and reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s door mirror
Front fog lights with static cornering function

If they are part of the convenience pack and like the puddle lights on the mk6 and mk7/mk7.5 Golf, then they’re fitted in the underside of the door mirrors. They illuminate in dark/poor lighting conditions to provide additional lighting outside the car in the area below the front doors when;
  • you’re in the car and you open the door to get out
  • you unlock the car to get in
Nice spot there, my apologies, didn't see that puddle light in the convenience pack entry.....Hmmm, its interesting how the puddle lights are under the electrically foldable door mirror option in the convenience pack (£450 option) but not on the electrically foldable door mirror (£160 option) separately? The price list just baffles me considering the number of errors despite the revisions since launch.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Errors and inconsistencies in VW’s product literature and the also on the configurator seem to be the norm. The Polo brochure (page65) states that the 2.0 litre 200ps Polo (so the GTI/GTI+) has a multi link rear axle. It doesn’t; it has a rear beam axle like the rest of the Polo range.

So, the content of the convenience pack option may be incorrect as far as puddle lights are concerned, the winter pack content is incorrect, this doesn’t include headlamp washers in spite of what the price list states, and the GTI/GTI+ doesn’t have a multi link (independent) rear suspension. I wonder how many other errors there are that are yet to be identified?

Come on VW, you ought to know the spec of your cars and the content of options. It’s not rocket science to get the descriptions correct in your product literature!
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Where does it state that, do you have a link of post a photo, this is on an SE level car but mainly about whether the £950 odd LED package makes them LED too, the standard SE trim has normal yellow lights. Also can see anything about footwell or handle lights?
john-k
New

Post by john-k »

TElwoody wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 pm
Where does it state that, do you have a link of post a photo, this is on an SE level car but mainly about whether the £950 odd LED package makes them LED too, the standard SE trim has normal yellow lights. Also can see anything about footwell or handle lights?
Sorry for the confusion, its the SEL line and above that have the interior lights in LED, not the SE level car. As part of the ambient lighting in the SEL, they include front footwell and door handle lights.

The £950 LED package only adds LEDs to the headlights and rear lights on the exterior of the car.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

I have the SEL without LED headlights. I can confirm that I have a long line of ambient lighting just under the front dash running into the front doors under the inside handles. ( I read or saw on youtube) that this light is also on the rear doors just under the door handles ..not true the rear doors don't have them.

There are front footwell lights (these are useful) there is no external wing mirror puddle lights (I had them on a BMW 3 series ) so I know what im looking for.

The internal map / reading lights are also LED these are great.

also one other thing that I don't seem to have that I thought was there is the turn down wing mirrors when reversing (unless I have not figured how to turn them on yet) I probably would not use them but unless im missing a trick mine don't look down, the blind spot and or folding wing mirror description states turning down when reversing. TBH I have park assist that I have not used yet and I have reverse camera which is brilliant so I don't need the look down function too.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am also one other thing that I don't seem to have that I thought was there is the turn down wing mirrors when reversing (unless I have not figured how to turn them on yet) I probably would not use them but unless im missing a trick mine don't look down, the blind spot and or folding wing mirror description states turning down when reversing. TBH I have park assist that I have not used yet and I have reverse camera which is brilliant so I don't need the look down function too.
Looks like the SEL doesn’t get these. According to the price list (which might not be correct!), the reverse activated kerbside view door mirror is standard on the R-Line (page 9) and GTI+ (page 10), but not the SEL.