Maintainence book missing?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Maintainence book missing?

Post by mike sel »

Hi I see a few members have got there ne POLOs now.

I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago flew on holiday the day after and just got back. So done a total of about 50 miles in the car. not used it for more than a day. I was just running through the folder you get with the car and there is a Manual on the car, and one on the Info system, but no maintenance manual.

Is this missing from my pack? or are they now not issued because of some on line electronic system?

I am hoping to drive the car a bit over the next two weeks so I will post a review of my SEL 115 DSG after that.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Maintainence book missing?

Post by SRGTD »

Mike,

It’s all on line now, and service books are no longer automatically provided as part of the car’s ownership handbook pack. I’ve read on some other VW forums that some dealers will provide a service book if you ask them, but some don’t. I’d be keeping print-outs of invoices and receipts of any work done on my car (I keep all these with my current car), so if I sold the car privately, or part exchanged it at a non-VW dealership at some point in the future, I’ve got evidence that it’s been serviced/maintained.

Link to VW’s website;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/serv ... e-schedule

Look forward to reading your review in a few weeks time.
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

Hi Mike, VW have now gone digital with service history so you can either ask for a print out when you sell the car or you can view it in the meantime via the My Volkswagen app. Hope this helps :)

Joe
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

joeknight94 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 am Hi Mike, VW have now gone digital with service history so you can either ask for a print out when you sell the car or you can view it in the meantime via the My Volkswagen app. Hope this helps :)

Joe
SRGTD wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:20 am Mike,

It’s all on line now, and service books are no longer automatically provided as part of the car’s ownership handbook pack. I’ve read on some other VW forums that some dealers will provide a service book if you ask them, but some don’t. I’d be keeping print-outs of invoices and receipts of any work done on my car (I keep all these with my current car), so if I sold the car privately, or part exchanged it at a non-VW dealership at some point in the future, I’ve got evidence that it’s been serviced/maintained.

Link to VW’s website;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/serv ... e-schedule

Look forward to reading your review in a few weeks time.
Cheers joe

SRGTD
Ahh make sense, thank you for that. Yes I am reading the manuals at the moment. then need to sit in the car load up the radio stations, try to find the service interval info, I plugged in the VW connect plug and linked to my iPhone. it does give a lot of data etc, but I am concerned that its data VW can use also. I guess they could get the data else where if they really wanted it.

I am loving the digi dash and think it really makes the car look the part. not sure how useful it is, also if it dims at night etc. keyless works well. I just keep keys in a faraday pouch when I get to work and home. Its not hard once you get used to it ( I have had keyless on cars from my lexus IS220 in 2005). Im a big kid I love pushing the start top button. Not sure about having to turn off the main screen (or even if I have too) I cant get used to walking away from the car leaving it on, just don't know IF it goes off automatically or not. I will find out im sure.

emergency break I did trial the day I got the car but it didn't seem to work, but I did only trial it once and I chickened out and braked myself so I am really not sure how or even if it works. again I am sure I will find out.

initial impressions of the reveres camera are that it is clear and detailed. so that is helpful. I have not tried the park assist yet, need to find a quiet car park and get used to it.

have not seen the wing mirrors turn down on reversing yet. Im still a bit annoyed the headlight washers were not there, I know the fluid use would be stupid but also it was sold to me as a winter pack its not much of a pack with just heated seats and washer bottle warning light, so I do hope the heated jets are there but I very much doubt it.

driver mode did include eco, normal sport and individual. I have not set up the individual yet but I will probably set it up with all sport except with climate control off. I have used all the modes very briefly, in eco its dangerous about town, that must be for motorway once you up to speed (pulling away is so delayed as to be dangerous) normal is OK but pulling away a bit slow but I expect that is just getting used to it. Sport, seems great there is a little more engine noise in cabin (I assume artificial) pulling away is fine, and acceleration is warm hatch (I just don't want to use it in anger until the car is run in, prob after 1000 miles).

not had experience of the occupant protection from rear end events (we just have to assume its there and hope we never experience it). I left the car with m local detailer while I was in Canada and he did a great job, inside and out.

I paid the car PCP off in the 14 day cooling off period, so car is now mine.

No LEDs, NO sunroof.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Had the reverse activated dipping nearside mirror in my mk6 Golf and found it really useful. Unfortunately, it wasn’t available on my 2016 Polo GTI. The dipping function needs to be set up before it’ll work; there should be instructions in the manual on how to do this.

As I mentioned in one of my (many 😁) earlier posts, with park assist your car will use the vehicles in front / behind the space you’re intending on parallel parking in as reference points when it parks itself. If they’ve parked badly - wheels rubbing the kerb, wheels mounting the kerb - then there’s a high risk that your car will scuff it’s wheels on the kerb as it tries to align itself with the other vehicles position relative to the kerb. So be careful, and be ready to take over to safeguard your wheels from damage!