The Grand Tour Season 3 - Sneak Preview

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

The Grand Tour Season 3 - Sneak Preview

Post by roywolfey »

I spy at 1:09 :?:
https://youtu.be/5_LXC0B-hu4

The same car that was photographed with Binky Felstead I wonder. https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71448

Looks like the Polo GTI will be making an appearance in some shape or form on the Grand Tour. 😎
Last edited by roywolfey on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: The Grand Tour Season 3 - Sneak Preview

Post by stevereeves »

LOL. Knew the car that broke down first would be that one, looks gorgeous though. They are restricted so much in what they can say, BBC TG own so much, I'm surprised they can use that music even though it's a sounds-ike variation of a well-known theme. Still prefer those 3 though, they make test-driving a milk float watchable & entertaining, whereas at least one of the TG guys sounds like he's about to hang himself when he says "Well I tested the new Mustang on Route 66". You've got a freakin' brilliant job, at least like you're havng fun. Settle your differences & get 'The 3 Musketeers' back on BBC TG. Semi rant over....
Paul_Barnett
New
Drives: Polo 2012 match

Post by Paul_Barnett »

My turn for a rant...

In a workplace (or anywhere else for that matter), it is simply unacceptable for one employee to hit another, for any reason. And if it is a senior employee hitting a junior, because he is a bully, and thinks he can get away with it, well, just no. Sack him, and don't sneakily re-hire him later when people might have forgotten.

jc was sacked for good reason. The other two chose to leave, and so could come back if they and the BBC so decide. I am happy that no more of my license fee goes to jc

/rant over>
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

I don't get into on-line spats or arguments, it's mostly about opinion and we are all right, I go online for information & fun and don't take it seriously. While in no way condoning it, much worse than the 'JC incedent' has happened both in the workplace and the BBC with people seemingly getting away with it. I am totally against the extortionate licence fee: £150 (or whatever it is) for just a few TV channels & radio staions with hardly any worthwhile content. Yet we all pay up like sheep. To be honest I think JC behaved idiotically and completely unacceptabley, deserved sacking and as a result I guess ruined TG for me, and many others, by his actions. I was commenting on the entertainment value, or lack of, on 'new' TG....
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

JC deserved to be sacked for reasons stated above. Sadly.

I find him hit and miss. On form and I fall off my chair laughing. Off form, and he’s tedious and annoying. I’m not yet convinced by the World Tour. It feels a bit too amateurish, and self indulgent. I like the new TG, it feels more professional, and LeBlanc is doing a good job. Not so laugh out loud, but more consistent, with some good car articles, and I’m no car nut. Thank god they dumped Chris Evans, annoying and vacuous.

I agree about the licence fee. I rarely watch TV. I rarely listen to BBC radio, though I did listen to a comedy sci-fi sitcom yesterday which was brilliant. Too many cheap to make panel shows, not enough old style sitcoms. Dad’s Army on the radio works really well.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Leif wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:59 am JC deserved to be sacked for reasons stated above.
Agree 100% with this
Leif wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:59 am I find him hit and miss. On form and I fall off my chair laughing. Off form, and he’s tedious and annoying.
I find him more miss than hit and more often than not, tedious and annoying.
Leif wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:59 am I like the new TG, it feels more professional, and LeBlanc is doing a good job. Not so laugh out loud, but more consistent, with some good car articles
I like it too. IMO the content has improved and is much better. During the JC +2 era, I often used to switch the TV off or change channels. I think the current presenters are doing a good job.
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

Last 2 comments perectly fine, personally prefer old TG. As we say in these here parts "life would be boring if we all liked the same things". Going further off topic somewhat (here we go) my 'TG Dream Team' would be JC (I know), May (a star tho he don't know it) and one of the new guys (Chris Harris?), I find Matt LeBlanc too dull but other guy (Rory?) is like Hammond IMO, too annoying....
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

stevereeves wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:24 pm Last 2 comments perectly fine, personally prefer old TG. As we say in these here parts "life would be boring if we all liked the same things". Going further off topic somewhat (here we go) my 'TG Dream Team' would be JC (I know), May (a star tho he don't know it) and one of the new guys (Chris Harris?), I find Matt LeBlanc too dull but other guy (Rory?) is like Hammond IMO, too annoying....
I think the idea is to have three distinct personalities: clown, geek and annoying. One clown and two geeks might not work. I agree Hammond is annoying, and Rory is similar but more endearing IMO, though we obviously disagree.